PDA

View Full Version : If you could only choose ONE restaurant....

Running_Bell
08-03-2009, 04:50 PM
We are going back to Disney in Oct. and staying in FW campground again. We usually cook most meals in the RV and eat out a couple of times. This year to save money... we are only picking ONE sitdown dining experience. We have done Cinderella's castle, Biergarten, Garden Grill, Crystal Palace, Sci Fi, and Rainforest Cafe. If you had to chose one place for a great experience... what would it be? our kids are 17 and 10... my DD10 still would love a character experience... my my DS17 would sooner die.

Thanks!!!

betteratmk
08-03-2009, 05:10 PM
We are going back to Disney in Oct. and staying in FW campground again. We usually cook most meals in the RV and eat out a couple of times. This year to save money... we are only picking ONE sitdown dining experience. We have done Cinderella's castle, Biergarten, Garden Grill, Crystal Palace, Sci Fi, and Rainforest Cafe. If you had to chose one place for a great experience... what would it be? our kids are 17 and 10... my DD10 still would love a character experience... my my DS17 would sooner die.

Thanks!!!

:D:D:D poor DS!! What about the Coral reef, we have always enjoyed it there and you get to eat with the fish!! Or maybe Teppan Edo in Epcot.

DreamFinder2
08-03-2009, 05:43 PM
My DW and I love the California Grill. Make your ADR for about an hour prior to Wishes, then go out onto the 15th floor observation deck to watch the fireworks...head back inside and finish eating.

It makes for a great night!

MickeyandTink
08-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Probably our favorite restaurant is Akershus. The food is a little different, but that's one of the things we like about it. The service has always been fantastic and there are several princesses there who come by your table, if your DD is into princesses. Your 17 yo DS may enjoy the photos with them as well. ;)

DestinationWDW
08-03-2009, 05:56 PM
My DW and I love the California Grill. Make your ADR for about an hour prior to Wishes, then go out onto the 15th floor observation deck to watch the fireworks...head back inside and finish eating.

Wow that's a hard one, the California Grill would be great. On the other hand, I think Le Cellier is an awesome steak house.

Adambomb85
08-03-2009, 06:07 PM
'Ohana for dinner. The food is delicious and I think appeals to a variety of palletes. Served family style, so it's all you can enjoy to eat. Plus, the bread pudding for dessert is my favorite in any disney park! The atmosphere (inside Poly overlooking the lagoon) is just awesome.

If you go for breakfast there are characters (hosted by Lilo and Stitch), but dinner there is a singer/hula teacher who gives leas to all those who participate - lots of fun! I think it may appeal to all of your family. Good luck!

coneygoil
08-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Tangerine Cafe in Morocco is a must for me when I go, but it's more of a "fast food" restaurant. My dad always goes to Cape May Cafe. If you like clams and buffet-style eating, that is a great place to go. The food is really good. For my next trip I'm going to try Tony's Town Square. Hopefully it'll be worth it!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Our must-do is Rose & Crown for Illuminations.

We also love Garden Grill, good food, interesting atmosphere and great character interaction.

SBETigg
08-03-2009, 06:13 PM
I would choose California Grill, but for a family with kids of various ages, you can't beat 'Ohana for food and atmosphere to please everyone.

SFTrny
08-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Boma, Artist Point, California Grill

Jodi
08-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Well, just for the atmosphere I would pick Cinderella's Royal Table, for the food, LeCellier, for a 17 yr old....hmmm, bet the Cast Members at Whispering Canyon Cafe would have a good time with him or 50's Prime Time, LOL.

18 days to Pop Century

iheartdisney
08-03-2009, 08:15 PM

I'm with DreamFinder! California Grill is extra special when you're able to watch Wishes from your table or the observation deck. But if cost is an issue (CG is almost twice as expensive as a regular TS restaurant) I'd go with Le Cellier or Ohana's.

elmjimmlm
08-03-2009, 08:38 PM
We love Yak and Yeti but for lunch...Ask to be seated upstairs and you can watch the parade go right by...:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
08-03-2009, 11:35 PM
I have to go with Narcoossee's. Hands down our favorite place on property for a great dinner (as I always say...our fave after V&A).

You can also watch the fireworks from multiple places....your table (if you have a good window table), the Narcoossee's deck, the boat launch, or over in the marina behind Sugar Loaf.

Food and service are the best around. Ask for Tom...he's our favorite server and really knocks himself out to give you a stellar experience. Even though we don't have kids, he always makes sure to send us on our way with a special little dessert packed up and Mickey straws for us.

But, if the cost isn't what you planned to pay, I agree with others and say go with 'Ohana. Great food with plenty of variety.

ransam
08-04-2009, 01:10 AM
i would pick the O'hana. not only was it the best dining experience i have had at disney...but it might have been the best dining experience ever. the view was awesome. food was great. service was great. atmosphere was incredible....
every part of the food was just incredible.
if you haven't tried it you should.

Belle_0717
08-04-2009, 08:05 AM
I'd choose O'hana or Kona. But don't forget Boma - great experience for a buffet. Different foods to try. Hang around the resort after dinner for some great events - CM talk about their experience at home vs here and there is a parade using drums & other instruments that your DD would love. Don't forget the animals - that is what I loved!

ThanxForNoticin
08-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Normally, my first response would be Boma - an amazing place. But in your situation, I would highly recommend 'OHana. Your 10 yo won't have the characters, but there are a lot of fun things going on for the younger kids during dinner, like coconut races and hula dancing. And since participation is voluntary, your 17 yo could just hang out at the table and eat, eat, eat!!

BelleKP
08-04-2009, 01:19 PM
I agree with most of the posters and would suggest Ohana's for dinner. A very close tie for second would be Boma . . spend some time checking out AKL while you are there.

JPL
08-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Wow talk about a tough decision :blush:

I would have to say for a total dining experience Fulton's Crabhouse :eat:

But on the other hand for the location and a different twist on food Boma :tasty:

BIGDOG
08-04-2009, 03:50 PM
tell the 17yr old to get over it and try the breakfast character at fultons and then hit a more adult rest for dinner maybe ohanas

aurora, ariel, and bell
08-04-2009, 03:54 PM
What about Hoop de doo? I heard it is alot of fun for all ages.
Teppan Edo is great food and they put on a show as they cook.

Aggie97
08-04-2009, 04:29 PM
I have to go with Narcoossee's. Hands down our favorite place on property for a great dinner (as I always say...our fave after V&A).

You can also watch the fireworks from multiple places....your table (if you have a good window table), the Narcoossee's deck, the boat launch, or over in the marina behind Sugar Loaf.

Food and service are the best around. Ask for Tom...he's our favorite server and really knocks himself out to give you a stellar experience. Even though we don't have kids, he always makes sure to send us on our way with a special little dessert packed up and Mickey straws for us.

But, if the cost isn't what you planned to pay, I agree with others and say go with 'Ohana. Great food with plenty of variety.

I really agree! :thumbsup:

Narcoossee's is our favorite WDW restaurant, but 'Ohana is a close second. I feel 'Ohana provides a fun, uniquely "Disney" experience, with delicious food in a classic WDW location. It's more casual than Narcoossee's, and I would think your kids would really enjoy the food. :mickey:

like2workout
08-05-2009, 08:39 AM
The Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios is my all-time favorite!

lightyearfan
08-05-2009, 10:29 AM
as much as me and dw love Le Cellier, if it was a choice that we could only pick 1 place for a sit down meal, it would have to be Ohana's:mickey:
this is our fav resturant, and we usually try go there at least once on every trip, the food is awesome and it's a very friendly and fun atmosphere as well, and the views aren't that bad either, depending on where your sitting. this upcoming trip we had to settle for Ohana's breakfest because dinner was all booked up.

Victor

PittFan
08-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Le Cellier would be our choice, we can't eat there enough. Tutto Italia is a close second in imo. :thumbsup:

DisneyOtaku
08-05-2009, 12:09 PM
For me, that's a no-brainer. Kona Cafe. :cloud9:

Mousemates
08-05-2009, 01:05 PM
#1 Ohana (we going back in Jan)
#2 Boma (we going back in Dec)

slegrant
08-05-2009, 01:11 PM
My family and I love the California Grill, Narccossee's and Ohana's. All three are must do's with our family.

Have fun:mickey:

vws_and_disney
08-06-2009, 05:28 PM
1. 50's primetime in DHS
2. Ohana
3. Cape May Cafe

they're all amazing but 50's primetime is a fun atmosphere for all. Ohana would be fun for the 10 year old they play little games with the kids. Cape May Cafe is just delicious :thumbsup:

Mickey91
08-06-2009, 10:20 PM
I would choose 1900 Park Fair for dinner. Your 10 year old would love Cinderella and Prince charming and your 17 year old would still enjoy the evil stepsisters and stepmother. They are sooooo much fun! Definitely not your everyday character experience. Extremely funny and entertaining!!:mickey: The food is good too!

threeh
08-08-2009, 01:00 PM
We are only doing one sit down this trip and we choose Tokyo Dining so we can have piles and piles of sushi!!!:D

sleepycoconut
08-09-2009, 09:45 PM
For us it is definitely Ohana! For all of the reasons that everyone has already posted :thumbsup:

Disney Yankee
08-09-2009, 09:50 PM
We love Cali Grill. Food is great, and you can plan your dinner around the sunset and/or the fireworks!!!:minnie:

brownie
08-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Ohanas.

RAIDER
08-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Ohanas with a front seat to see the fireworks at MK

Park wise i would have to go for Brown Derby

redlegwife96
08-11-2009, 11:06 AM
The best food that we had was Jiko at the AKL, with African flair. The coffee bbq short ribs are to die for. It is a bit pricey, but it was incredible. Jiko also has great reviews from critics. If you want something in a lower price range, Yak and Yeti was wonderful too. Enjoy!
:mickey:

Rosemickey68
08-11-2009, 04:44 PM
I would also have to go with Ohana's :number1:, Boma, or Prime Time 50's.
Like everyone said above about Ohana's the food is great, atmosphere is nice, view of MK if you sit by the windows, and the younger kids like the interaction and games at dinner.
Get an ADR around the time of the fireworks at MK and ask for a seat by the window, you won't regret it!:mickey:

Boma has great food! Prime Time 50's has good comfort food and the interaction with the staff is alot of fun.

My teens loved all 3 places!

StitchFan#1
08-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Kona i could (but probbably not) survivde on their chicken noodel bowl and the ice cream sundae