PDA

View Full Version : Funnel Cakes

Goes4FastPass
08-03-2009, 11:07 AM
I'm headed to WDW with a guy who like funnel cakes. He measures his life in how long it's been since he had a funnel cake. He is an authority on funnel cake toppings. Other than that he's a normal person.

I think there's a funnel cake stand at Blizzard Beach.

Does anyone know of another place in the World where a person can get a funnel cake?

VWL Mom
08-03-2009, 11:16 AM
I know you can get them at Sleepy Hollow @ MK and I think American Adventure @ Epcot (at least during F&W).

TwoTinyWings
08-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Two stands we've recently visited are the one on the Boardwalk (near the shops and roving entertainers) and the one at the American Adventure (if walking clockwise around WS, it's just past the AA pavilion, on the left). I'm sure there aren't the only two!

Goes4FastPass
08-03-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm saved.

Once, in the MK as we walked by the stand, I pointed out the Dole Whips at Aloha Isle to a person I was traveling with. She said, "Not now." The next day at Epcot, no matter what we saw to eat or drink she wanted a Dole Whip. DHS: Where are the Dole Whips? AK? That's a swell gorilla. Where can I get Dole Whip? We retuned to the MK for evening fun. "It's Dole Whip time!" I said. She told me Dole Whips were not a night time treat. "It isn't hot enough."

DizneyRox
08-03-2009, 12:20 PM
I've always thought the Epcot booth is the best in WDW, however after this last trip, the quality of even those is going downhill. They don't compare to the local county fair versions, never have, but I wasn't impressed this past trip.

cer
08-03-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm headed to WDW with a guy who like funnel cakes. He measures his life in how long it's been since he had a funnel cake. He is an authority on funnel cake toppings. Other than that he's a normal person.

"Other than that he's a normal person."

Ok, that's just funny! :D

mudpuppysmom
08-03-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm saved.

Once, in the MK as we walked by the stand, I pointed out the Dole Whips at Aloha Isle to a person I was traveling with. She said, "Not now." The next day at Epcot, no matter what we saw to eat or drink she wanted a Dole Whip. DHS: Where are the Dole Whips? AK? That's a swell gorilla. Where can I get Dole Whip? We retuned to the MK for evening fun. "It's Dole Whip time!" I said. She told me Dole Whips were not a night time treat. "It isn't hot enough."

I think I woulda said....NO, you have to have one now.....I'm not going to listen to you tomorrow yelp about it!!

To answer OP's question......you can get them at the American Adventure and at Sleepy Hollow -- I know for sure.....my DH is a funnel cake lover too, just not obsessed with them.

Basket Mommy
08-03-2009, 02:20 PM
You can get them @ the Boardwalk, but not until the late afternoon. That, American Adventure and that little snack stand in Liberty Square (I guess that's what Sleepy Hollow is... I never knew the name!) are the only places I've ever seen them.

Goes4FastPass
08-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Sleepy Hollow in MK-Liberty Square
Funnel Cake
dusted with powdered sugar or cinnamon $4.29
topped with strawberries and whipped cream $5.29

Funnel Cake Kiosk near the American Adventure in Epcot
Funnel Cake with sugar $6.00
-- add vanilla ice cream $2.25
-- add fruit $2.00
-- add chocolate sauce $1.00

Thanks for the tips!

alex61821
08-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Sleepy Hollow in MK-Liberty Square
Funnel Cake
dusted with powdered sugar or cinnamon $4.29
topped with strawberries and whipped cream $5.29

Funnel Cake Kiosk near the American Adventure in Epcot
Funnel Cake with sugar $6.00
-- add vanilla ice cream $2.25
-- add fruit $2.00
-- add chocolate sauce $1.00

Thanks for the tips!

I wonder if they are different sizes? that is quite a price difference between MK and EPCOT if you got one fully loaded it would be $11.25 eesh.

W24toISMdirect
08-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah...DF (Goes4FastPass) is only slightly exageratting my passion for funnel cakes there... and actually, it's my DW more than (ok, maybe just as much) as me.

Anyone ever had a Boston Cream Funnel Cake? Highly Recommended.

elmjimmlm
08-05-2009, 08:43 PM
I wonder if they are different sizes? that is quite a price difference between MK and EPCOT if you got one fully loaded it would be $11.25 eesh.

The size of the one in MK covers a paper plate...Its around 6 in. or so...Didn't know about them in Epcot...Thanks...:thumbsup:

lockedoutlogic
08-05-2009, 09:27 PM
As a self-proclaimed fried food nut, i gotta ask:

Is it just me, or are the funnel cakes there really, really, bad?

just wondering

Basket Mommy
08-05-2009, 09:36 PM
The size of the one in MK covers a paper plate...Its around 6 in. or so...Didn't know about them in Epcot...Thanks...:thumbsup:

The last time I had one in Epcot it was the size of a paper plate, too.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
08-05-2009, 10:19 PM
We usually love the funnel cakes and look forward to them on each trip. Our eldest brother Teddy, bought us back a really neat kit complete w/ingredients,funnel and recipe. It was delicious but, just not as good as the WDW ones. The Boardwalk ones weren't that good last year, so we are hoping they will be better in Dec.

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

DizNut42
08-06-2009, 10:53 AM
I believe there is also a funnel cake stand in Typhoon Lagoon.

We got a couple from the stand at AA in EPCOT a couple of years ago and they were substandard :ack: have not tried them from there again.

Have always been satisfied with the ones from Sleepy Hollow :mickey: