PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare Breakfast???

KAT1811
08-03-2009, 09:47 AM
We are trying 1900 Park Fare character breakfast for the first time this year for our DD's birthday. She'll be turning 5. Can anyone tell me about some experiences they've had? What characters should we expect? Is it a very busy breakfast? We have 8:15am ADRs. Thank you!

FaithTrustPixieDust
08-03-2009, 11:04 AM
We did this 2 years ago, but I don't think the character lineup has changed. Mary Poppins is in the front area as you walk in. Inside we saw Alice, Mad Hatter, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger.

Adambomb85
08-03-2009, 12:04 PM
This is my favorite place to breakfast at WDW. The characters are all aforementioned, but sometimes Mary Poppins walks about in the restauraunt to pose for pictures. When I was there last in June, she was going table to table in her Jolly Holiday outfit, but a year ago she was at the door greeting us in her Chim-chim-cheree outfit. So, I guess it depends...

The atmosphere is very nice and it isn't overly busy at all. The food, I have always found, to be delicious. It is typical breakfast buffet with some kicked up options. Mickey waffles, the bread pudding and the vanilla sauce they serve is delicious! Not to mention Edy's Softserve and ommeletes! yumm.

When I was there in June this past year, several young girls were dressed up as Princesses and one as Minnie. The Mad Hatter made quite the fuss out of the royalty there and kept bowing to the girls and saying "your majesty" and kept saying, "Hi Boss" to the Minnie Mouse young lady. It was very cute - but that was the first time I saw a cast member go that extra mile there like that!

wonderalice23
08-03-2009, 01:04 PM
We went to this once, and are going back in a couple weeks! It is a wonderful place - Alice loved it when I wore a t-shirt with her on it - she even loved the bread-and-butterflies as well! By the way, try the strawberry soup!:thumbsup:

coneygoil
08-03-2009, 06:19 PM
It's a pretty good character breakfast. I've been going to it for 20 years. The food wasn't as good last time I went but that was four years ago. It's fun playing around with the characters. They'll usually come around about two or three times, depending how busy it is.

KAT1811
08-04-2009, 06:27 AM
It's a pretty good character breakfast. I've been going to it for 20 years.

WOW! 20 years?! I guess it is good! Can't wait until November!!!!

wdwvacationeer
08-04-2009, 07:03 AM
We went last year and thought it was great! The characters were attentive to our table and the breakfast was one of the better ones we have had in Disney.

renecat
08-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Went last Dec. with two granddaughters loved it. The Mad Hatter is a hoot plus Alice is also very enjoyable. Other characters were good just really enjoyed the Mad Hatter and Alice.:thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
08-04-2009, 04:47 PM
They also had lobster eggs benedict (sp?) the last time we were there! Fantastic!:mickey:

jonahbear2006
08-05-2009, 12:41 AM
fantastic food. Some of the best character interaction we have gotten at disney world to date; with the exception of stumbling into peter pan at the contemp. resort at 10pm. We love to eat here everytime we go and usually book both breakfast and dinner. The breakfast was really relaxed though the mad hatter can get pretty riled up.The first time we went, Alice and he messed up the girls' hair; thankfully, my girls are not girly girls. We have a great time there everytime and really appreciate their large menu compared to some other breakfasts.

LilRonGal
08-05-2009, 01:55 AM
I went to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast last September. I didn't feel as if it was overwhelmingly busy. WAY quieter than Crystal Palace, that was for sure. The food was awesome and the decor is beautiful. When I was there, I had Tigger, Alice, Pooh, Mary Poppins, and The Mad Hatter.

I am so envious of the person who got to meet Mary Poppins in her Chim Chim Cheree outfit!

I think your DD will love it. :thumbsup:

KAT1811
08-05-2009, 05:40 AM
We love to eat here everytime we go and usually book both breakfast and dinner.

We are doing dinner too!

Mickey91
08-06-2009, 10:33 PM
We are going to breakfast for the first time in Sept. Can't wait!!:mickey:

Kat, Have you been to dinner since the step sisters joined in the fun? It is some great entertainment!! One of my all time favorite experiences with character dining!:mickey:

KAT1811
08-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Kat, Have you been to dinner since the step sisters joined in the fun? It is some great entertainment!! One of my all time favorite experiences with character dining!:mickey:

We have, actually! On our last trip we dined there and our youngest DD, just about 2 at the time, was having a bit of a fit about being put in the highchair (she likes to be a "big girl" like her sisters but she can't reach the table sitting in a regular chair). When Anastasia saw her she told her if she was going to throw a fit she needed to "commit" to it and really throw a fit. Then she proceded to show her how!!! It was hysterical!!! DD just stood there dumbfounded!!! Needless to say that was that and DD was just fine! One of my favorite moments from our last trip!!!