PDA

View Full Version : First time to free dining..help!!

momof3+twins
08-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Do kids get desert with their counter service meals also?
We are staying at POP, if we get a meal, can we go anywhere (another counter or self serve area) to get the desert?
Is the tie dyed cheesecake included as desert?

And are some meals not included in the dining plan? I noticed that some meals are 10.49 while others might be 7.00.

Thanks

Cinderella's mom
08-03-2009, 05:46 PM
--One table-service meal (including entree and dessert (lunch or dinner only), or full buffet, 1 juice (breakfast only), non-alcoholic beverage; dessert not available at breakfast). 1 child table-service meal includes 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet.

--One counter service (quick service) meal (including entree/combo meal, dessert, one juice (breakfast only) and non-alcoholic beverage; dessert not available at breakfast)

--One snack (e.g. a frozen ice-cream novelty, popsicle, or fruit bar, popcorn scoop, single piece of whole fruit, single serving grab bag of chips, 20 oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani Water, medium fountain soft drink or juice, 12 oz. coffee, hot chocolate, or hot tea.)

(Note that children age 3-9 must choose from a children's menu, if one is available.)

NOTE: Gratuity is no longer included unless otherwise indicated. An 18 percent gratuity will be added automatically for parties of 6 or more; a gratuity may also be added for items not included in the Dining Plan, such as alcoholic beverages.

I do not believe that you can get a meal from one place and get the dessert from another, but could be wrong.

Hope this helps!

Goofy4TheWorld
08-03-2009, 06:21 PM
I do not believe that you can get a meal from one place and get the dessert from another, but could be wrong.

Believe it or not, you can. Below is is a thread on here from just last week that talked about this very option. They can stamp your receipt with a special stamp and you turn in that receipt to get a desert later on in the day anywhere on property.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=158790

EDIT: After reading the linked thread carefully, I am not sure if you just get a "desert IOU", or if you get a full "snack" credit for anything that is a snack on the DDP, so I am not 100% sure what you get, or where you can get it, but apparently you do get something...

MickeyandTink
08-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Do kids get desert with their counter service meals also?
We are staying at POP, if we get a meal, can we go anywhere (another counter or self serve area) to get the desert?
Is the tie dyed cheesecake included as desert?

And are some meals not included in the dining plan? I noticed that some meals are 10.49 while others might be 7.00.

Thanks

Generally, every CS meal is included, if the restaurant is on the DDP. There may be one or two exceptions, so ask when you order to make sure.

I don't think the tie dyed cheesecake is a dessert option on any of the CS meals at POP(but I'm not 100% positive about that), but it is available as a snack item (or at least has been our last two trips).

Iteachpc
08-04-2009, 03:29 PM
I just returned from WDW and we were on the quick service dining plan. We were all adults due to the age of my kids, but I did order a kid's meal once when I wasn't very hungry.

The kids meal comes with 2 side items that you can choose...apple slices, fries, carrots, cookie...were typical options. You could not choose an "adult" dessert.

We also stayed at Pop and the tie die cheesecake is indeed a snack or dessert option. It was the first dessert my DD18 had with our first meal at the food court. (She said it was yummy.)

On the quick service dining plan each meal comes with an entree, dessert/side and drink.

We ate breakfast one morning. DS had a waffle with either bacon or sausage, a side of fruit and Full Throttle canned drink that he saved for later.

Once my niece got a bag of chips instead of a dessert.

Dessert options are vast at Pop: Mickey bars, popsicles, rice krispee treats, muffins, cup cakes, cheesecake, individual chocolate cake, worms & dirt, huge cookies, fruit turnovers, apples, bananas, boxes of cookies, chips, milkshakes, ice cream sundaes, and on and on it goes.

The hardest decision will what to choose!

Any meal is included at any participating quick-service restaurants regardless of the price. Cosmic Rays has a meal for $13.99 that is included! All counter service restaurants in the parks are included along with the food court at your resort and a couple of places at Downtown Disney (Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express).

We never tried to use our dessert credit at different restaurant. I can't imagine that working...you could probably go back later to the same place though. I did get my receipt stamped for an ice cream once at the resort.