PDA

View Full Version : DDP tiering question

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
08-02-2009, 09:18 PM
HI there,
I was just number crunching... We have always stayed at the values during free dining in September. With the new release of "Free Dining Tiering" I thought... well that stinks, no we will have to pay for a moderate if we want free dining, but I am thinking not so...

It seems like room rates for a value during value season are about $82, and a Moderate is $149. So if we do a value... and then just upgrade our QS ro DDP. it would be + $10 for each adult and +$2 for each child. So add $24 a day to our room rate of $82 and it comes to $106... SO it seems that the Value... would still be a value during Free Dining... even with the DDP over the QSP and over a moderate. Does this make sense? Am I crunching right?

ANyone?

Goes4FastPass
08-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Yes, your crunching is correct.

Value + upgrade to DDP = a swell place to stay and the same meal choices and those who are paying, uh hum, too much.

TheRustyScupper
08-03-2009, 02:59 PM
1) Value resorts are *usually* a no-brainer during Free DDP.
2) But, your math did not include a further room discount of up to 40%.
3) That now makes for a different price-point.

Tinkerbella16
08-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Yup sounds right to me. That is exactly what I'm doing. We always travel in November and this year will be the first time for us being able to have free dining. I booked Pop Century not knowing it was Quick Service Dining only, so I was actually considering bumping up to POFQ (my fave!), and was told I could just upgrade to the regular DDP! It works out much better, I don't mind paying just a little bit more when its just for myself! I'm going with others but we're all paying our own way.

I'm really excited now I can FINALLY try and book an ADR for Le'Cellier! Never ate there before because we never really used the DDP or it was booked solid. :mickey: