PDA

View Full Version : British Invasion expanding repertoire

joelkfla
08-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Beginning this month, the British Invasion musical group at Epcot will no longer be exclusively a Beatles tribute group.

They will be adding songs from other "British invasion" groups like the Dave Clark 5, Herman's Hermits, and the Stones to their shows.

mainemajor
08-01-2009, 04:52 PM
That should be a lot of fun, too:rocker::drummer:

BluewaterBrad
08-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Rolling the Tumbling Dice!!!!!!!!!!!:mickey:

Scar
08-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Cool! I hope they play "I'm Henry The Eighth I Am, Henry The Eighth I Am I Am" every set.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Cool! I hope they play "I'm Henry The Eighth I Am, Henry The Eighth I Am I Am" every set.

I second that idea :thumbsup:

CaptSmee
08-01-2009, 07:29 PM
last time I saw them they weren't exclusively Beatles songs in April.

lindique
08-01-2009, 08:41 PM
When I first saw them many years ago, they always played some Herman's Hermits and Dave Clark 5 songs. Then they changed to exclusively Beatles. It will be great to hear the other songs again!

ransam
08-02-2009, 02:32 AM
in december they had different periods of the beatles for differnt shows...i wonder if they might have differnt shows w/ differnt periods of the 60's?

johnO
08-03-2009, 11:57 AM
The Beatles tunes are why I check them out....

TheDuckRocks
08-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Maybe they are doing this so they can get a new haircut.:D
Yeah, I know that almost all the English groups from that time frame had the same hair style.

MOJoe
08-05-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm a big fan of the British Invasion, but not a big fan of this change. If they keep all the non Beatle songs in a single set, it might be OK. Like now, they have an early Beatles set, a Sgt. Peppers set, the Movie song set and the later tunes all grouped together. So they could replace one set with the songs they wish to add.

But playing "Henry the 8th" or "Brown Sugar" right along with "Penny Lane" just wouldn't cut it for me.

Phantod
08-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Well, they are called British Invasion, not Beatle Invasion, so I guess it's appropriate to do some of the other groups. Never was a big Stones or DC5 fan, but loved the Hermits....No Milk Today, being one of my favs.

But a full set with some other tunes could be fun too, Peter & Gordon, Chad and Jeremy, Gerry and the Pacemakers all had some great numbers. How about some Cream, Sunshine of Your Love...from the year I graduated HS. That's Eric Clapton and company, for all you youngees.

Woo Hoo. Less than 50 days to go....I don't care WHAT they play, I'm still going to stop and sing-a-long (softly tho). :D