PDA

View Full Version : Donald's Safari Breakfast or Pooh and Friends??

mamasun
08-01-2009, 12:18 PM
We have done the Breakfast with Pooh at the Crystal Palace and have loved the food and the festivities. We are going again in October and I have book it again, but was thinking today of trying Donald's Safari Breakfast in the AK. Is the food similar? How is the character interaction- what characters typically show up? I would appreciate your opinions and experiences! Should I choose or do both?????:confused:

ransam
08-01-2009, 01:26 PM
i'd really like to know this as well.....we're doing it in december...

wdwfansince75
08-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Donald's Safari Breakfast is super! The food set up and selection is great, service is superior to other buffets, and the character interaction is about the best we experienced at WDW. We have done CP, CM, 1900 PF, and Ohana for breakfast, and rate DSB as better than any of the others.

LuvsTigger80
08-01-2009, 01:42 PM
the safari breakfast is awesome!!! we really loved it here...i would love to about crystal palace as we will be going here for the first time in dec?? can't wait.:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
08-01-2009, 03:23 PM
We like the food better at CP but feel the character inter-action is better at Donald's.

JPL
08-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Donald's Safari Breakfast is the best of all the Character Meals IMHO. The food was great and the character interactions were better than any of the others I have attended.

green ranger
08-01-2009, 06:30 PM
I vote for Donald's Safari Breakfast. The character interaction was great and the food was delicious!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-01-2009, 07:35 PM
We've done both, and tend to go back to CP, just for the Pooh characters.

But, the food at Donald's was much better, and the character interaction was wonderful.

We met Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Minnie & Goofy. They were great, and the service was good too (except when I refused to try the "jungle juice" - she was peeved, but brought me an OJ)

Head to head, Donalds is much better overall and gets my vote :donald:

SurferStitch
08-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Donald's Safari Breakfast is the best of all the Character Meals IMHO. The food was great and the character interactions were better than any of the others I have attended.

I'll ditto this. It's our favorite buffet breakfast. There are so many different and interesting offerings there.

We also love Crystal Palace, and do both every trip, but Donald's is tops for us.

mamasun
08-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Thanks sooo much for your feedback- I think we are going to do both! One daughter wants one and the other wants the other- so why not do both, spread the disney magic around:mickey:

wdwvacationeer
08-01-2009, 09:21 PM
We've done both and really liked them both! This time we are trying lunch at Tusker House and are getting the Nemo seating- so, we're hoping lunch is good, too.

Disney Yankee
08-03-2009, 10:10 PM
We also did both the CP and Tusker House this year. I thought the Tusker House food was better, and our waiter was great, so I think it was an overall nice experience. In the future, we'll probably do the Tusker House again since it was so good, and because we usually only do AK once a trip, and stay for a while, so eating a good breakfast is important!!!!

tys_mommy
08-04-2009, 09:12 AM
We did both last August and if I could only pick one to do again it would be Donald. Both have great food but Crystal Palace was a little generic where Donald had a little more variety than what you'd find elsewhere - my kids loved the jungle juice - I think they drank a pitcher each.

lighteningqueen
08-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Tusker all the way... The eggs are the most flavorable in all the parks. Everything was better. We ate at Tusker, Crystal, Chefs and 1900. But Tusker was the very best then 1900, the Crystal then and never again Chef M"s. There food is just bland. The Juice at Tusker is oh my gosh no words to describe it but LOVE IT !!!!