PDA

View Full Version : Barbershop for my 2 year old?

poohbearkris
08-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi, I am not sure if this has been asked before, but when we go to WDW in 2 months, my nephew will be getting his 1st haircut at the barber shop. My older son will be going to the Pirate's League for the Pirate makeover. Does anybody know if the barber shop will put the color and glitter in a 2 year olds hair. My older son had it done a couple of years ago at BBB but the age requirement was 3 yo. I don't know that he would even notice that he didn't have anything done, but thought it would be cute. Thanks.

Georgesgirl1
08-02-2009, 02:42 PM
When we were there for DSs first haircut a few weeks ago, there was a little girl who got glitter in her hair who didn't look to be 3. They did tell her parents that the paint wouldn't be a good idea b/c it takes a long time to dry.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-02-2009, 06:02 PM
They put the glitter stuff in my nephews hair when he was 2.5 but they didn't use the paint, they used hair spray to sort of keep it in place.

Cinderella's mom
08-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Both of my children got their first hair cut at WDW. :balloon: Both were under 2. Both got the glitter (more like confetti) in their hair, but it fell out within a couple of minutes. I do not think they put hairspray in it. We did not do the color, so I cannot comment on it. I would make sure they put LOTS of hairspray if you go the glitter route. I did see a guy getting a colored Mickey in the back of his hair. Looked like it dried pretty fast to me, but not sure!!! Good luck!

Gusgus
08-03-2009, 03:02 PM
My older son had it done a couple of years ago at BBB but the age requirement was 3 yo.

Both my boys have gotten glitter and paint over the years and they were much older than 3 (7-9). I don't remember if we had to pay extra for it, I am sure we did. They even got a "Mickey" painted on the back of their heads. The paint they use is REALLY dark but it washed out easily. Did they change this to you need to be under 3 years?

Gusgus

poohbearkris
08-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Sorry for the misunderstanding - you had to be at least 3 y ears old, not under 3. I guess we will just go and see what they have to offer. Thanks for the info. 47 days and counting. :cloud9:

Belster
08-04-2009, 10:37 AM
My DD did not want the paint...they did just the glitter. My DS went there for his first haircut in October and he was only 9 months...they did the glitter and a spike mohawk for him.

Enjoy!!!