PDA

View Full Version : Need advice! (MVMCP)

MissTink
08-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Our family of 6 will be will be arriving 11/29 until 12/5; which is a shorter trip than normal due to the economy and other extra family expenses, so I'm trying to plan out which days for which parks. Traditionally the 1st and last park is ALWAYS MK. We are only doing base tickets this time because I'm completely neurotic and think that if we dont run like crazy people and hop everyday we will be wasting them. So the plan was arrival day - MVMCP, day 2 - HS, day 3 - AK, day 4 - break day, day 5 - Epcot, day 6 - MK. Now i'm pricing MVMCP and its going to be over $300!! I can add an extra day on the base tickets for less than $16 for the whole family. Help! I dunno what to do, is MVMCP really worth it? :confused:

RockinRollerMom
08-01-2009, 09:45 AM
We went to the party a few years back and really had a good time. It is an expierence to see it "snowing" on main street. The parade, fireworks, and shows are a lot of fun. That being said, is it worth the money? If finances are tight I wouldn't hesitate to skip it. It really is a lot of money for one night at MK. Plus, when you are going everything for the holidays will be out and in full swing. I would skip it and make a night at the Osborne Lights at DHS. Even though it isn't main street, they do have the "snow" coming down on the streets of amercia. I LOVE the osborne lights and I am thankfull that it is a free perk of being at disney during the holiday season. There are also a lot of other fun holiday type things to do. You could check out the candlelight procession in EPCOT. Plus you will still get to see the castle in the white lights if you stay late at MK one day.

tmosier
08-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Our family loves MVMCP. It gives our extended family a chance to do something Christmasy together since we live in separate states and don't see each other often. It's also a great way to start off a Disney vacation---- Christmas atmosphere, no stressing about lines at popular rides, and a lesser crowd. Plus, the special fireworks with the castle lights is awesome. In my opinion, the price is worth it. My family will be at the 11/29 party, maybe we'll see you there! :)

Daisy'sMom
08-01-2009, 04:41 PM
It is well worth the money. For us, with the snow, the music, and the decorations, it is Christmas time. There is not much else that puts you in the mood for Christmas in Florida. (JMO)

LoriMistress
08-02-2009, 08:25 PM
We enjoyed MVMCP, and we will probably do it again. But at the same time, the only think you're really paying for is the snow, the Christmas parade, the firework show, and all the hot coco/apple cider and cookies you can eat/drink. Personally, I would probably use the extra $ for either an extra day in the park, or use it for park hopping. It's your choice.

ransam
08-02-2009, 11:59 PM
i enjoyed it...but not sure it was worth the money (even though we are doing it again this year)...really all you get is a special parade...an awesome firework display a couple shows....and cookies and hot chocolate...
if it was me, i'd skip it and do it next year.

MissTink
08-03-2009, 07:38 AM
Thank you all for your thoughts. I'm still undecided... I'm kinda leaning towards adding an extra day just for the fact that we will be starting that day at about 3:30 am to be at the airport for our 6 am flight. I can just imagine how happy ds2, ds4 and dd7 will be that evening ;)

Belle_0717
08-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Remember to take into consideration any delays that you may encounter getting to WDW. DH & I take the first flight out to avoid delays BUT that was not the case in May. Our 7:30 flight ended up taking off at 2 pm. We nearly missed our ADR in Norway.

But also don't fret - you can always rest/nap when you get there. I know it is not my first priority when I get to WDW but I am planning a "nap time" before I go to MVMCP in November. Don't know whether the rest of the family will but I am for sure resting. I can never make it through EMH in pm without one.

Imagineer1981
08-03-2009, 11:24 AM
To us it was not worth it. I am glad we went to it once, but I don't need to go again. I would go to MNSSHP over and over though