PDA

View Full Version : No Nightly Fireworks in the Fall?

Tinkermom
08-01-2009, 12:15 AM
DH and I are staying at the new Bay Lake Towers for our 20th anniversary in October. We were looking forward to a couple of nights up in the lounge to watch the fireworks at MK but in checking the WDW website I noticed that Wishes is only scheduled once during our 4 nights there. :confused: Is this a cutback or could it be that Wishes is just not scheduled yet?

LilRonGal
08-01-2009, 12:40 AM
I'd keep checking back. When the August hours first went up, there were NO fireworks shows scheduled, or parades. They started going up gradually, and even up 'til last week or the week before (this summer is speeding by so everything's running together) they were adding stuff.

Marceline
08-01-2009, 12:53 AM
It is possible that on the nights that Wishes is not scheduled there will be a MNSSHP and Hallowishes will be shown later that evening. Cross check those dates to see if the party is running, if so....you will still be treated to a view of the show. :mickey:

Goes4FastPass
08-01-2009, 01:34 AM
Yep, 20 October is MNSSHP which means your BLT fireworks show will be a humdinger - and you can still see wishes the night it plays while you're at the world.

Tinkermom
08-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Yep, 20 October is MNSSHP which means your BLT fireworks show will be a humdinger - and you can still see wishes the night it plays while you're at the world.

We are there Oct 12th-16th not on the 20th. :( I guess I need to check for MNSSHP dates...
:mickey:

CaptSmee
08-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Wishes will not show the night of the Halloween parties. What's wrong with catching the Halloween version though? It's even better! :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
08-02-2009, 12:43 AM
1) They will show HalloWishes.
2) Since you are staying on points, you can go to the lounge.
3) Should be a really good viewing.

NOTE: For the info of others, those not staying on DVC points are not permitted into the lounge. Plus, their is seating for only 77 people, but with occupancy of over 400.

Tinkermom
08-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Wishes will not show the night of the Halloween parties. What's wrong with catching the Halloween version though? It's even better! :thumbsup:

When I posted above with the sad face I thought maybe that the 20th was the first night of MNSSHP and we would miss Hallowishes since we are there the week before BUT I checked the schedule and Hallowishes is on every night but one while we are there. AWESOME! :joy:

Sorry I was confusing, lol! BLT lounge here we come!:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
08-02-2009, 07:16 PM
You'll love Hallowishes!

We saw it 4 times from the Grand Flo marina and dock last October, and one more time at the party itself. Awesome show!

It was so nice staying at Sugar Loaf, because we could grab a glass of wine, walk out the back doors, and almost have the area to ourselves to watch the fireworks. Loved, loved, LOVED it!! :cloud9:

Have fun!!

jillluvsdisney
08-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Hallowishes is excellent. Not to worry.

Imagineer1981
08-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Hallowishes is one of the best fireworks shoes...you'll love it

alex61821
08-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Hallowishes is one of the best fireworks shoes...you'll love it

Oh man i do love firework shoes...;)

KAJUNKING