PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare dinner

satchel01
07-31-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm considering 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian for one of our dinners. I see it's a Cinderella themed dinner buffet.
Is it any good? Looking for opinions please:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-31-2009, 07:04 PM
Yes, it is good!

We tried it for the first time our past trip, and will go back again.

The food was a step above many of the other buffets we tried, in terms of both quality and selection. There were the usual items, but some different choices as well. There was a nice carving station with beef and pork too.

Character interaction was super! We met Cinderella, Prince Charming, the Stepsisters and Lady Tremaine. Lady Tremaine was the best, she actually sat down and chatted with my daughter.

It was a great addition to our ADR line-up; I hope you enjoy it too :thumbsup:

aurora, ariel, and bell
07-31-2009, 07:15 PM
We also went last year. It was great! The food was good, one of the best, and the step sisters were so funny. The girls got to dance with prince charming...they were in awe!
We are going again this year. Loved it!

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
07-31-2009, 10:30 PM
We went last fall as well and it was the best buffet. The Characters were wonderful and it was really awesome to see Prince Charming & Cinderella dance.
The food was wonderful. Huge selection! The prime rib and horseradish sauce was so... good that I got the recipe from the chef!
We are planning to go back the 1st of December!

Dawn,Denise&Diane

LilRonGal
08-01-2009, 12:21 AM
Oooo a carving station??? :party:

I'm going for dinner the first time as well. I enjoyed the breakfast last year, and thought I'd give the dinner a shot.

Your reviews are making me excited! (And hungry!)

15 days 15 hours until I'm there! :mickey:

satchel01
08-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Ok, i'm definitely going to add this to my list of ADR's to make this week. I'm so excited! I didn't expect to see such positive reviews...I don't hear people talk about it very much. We're staying at the Polynesian so it'll be nice and convenient to get there.
Omg I can't wait!!:D

Christine
08-01-2009, 09:55 AM
We went this past Sunday for my birthday and it really is delicious. There's something sure to please everyone! The carving station was lovely, there was French, Italian, Asian, tons of different salads, and good old pizza and mac cheese! The desserts are good too- best bread pudding hands down!

jonahbear2006
08-01-2009, 11:11 AM
We have eaten both breakfast and dinner at 1900 park fare and they are both must-dos for our family. We have them both booked for our Sept. trip. The dinner is exquisite as far as buffets go, and is the best one on property. The things that stand out the most to me, that most buffets do not have is the carving station that is the order an omelet station in the morning, the kid heighth buffets, the strawberry soup, the teenie tiny pies, mousses, and cakes that are so good I could ship them home, and the feeling that we are not getting buffet food. I remember telling DH, "Oh we have GOT to do THIS again!"
On top of that, Cinderella and the other characters make a big deal out of this dinner, whereas a lot of character dining they are just ran through the restaurant. Here they announce each one and they come out and do a bit of a dance and bow....like being at the ball.

wdwfansince75
08-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Dinner buffet is about the best buffet experience I have had anywhere....IMHO, by far the best dinner buffet at WDW.

joanna71985
08-01-2009, 07:12 PM
I love the dinner at 1900 Park Fare! I ate there for the first time last summer, and had so much fun! I definitely will eat there again

jonahbear2006
08-02-2009, 04:24 AM
Im so glad there are so many people that agree this is the best buffet. i thought it was just our family. and the funny thing is i think this restaurant gets forgotten about by some people.

Tigger&Stitch
08-02-2009, 05:05 AM
This is great! We have a dinner planned there too - so good to hear that many people love the dinner buffet. :)

poohbearkris
08-02-2009, 11:07 AM
We will be eating here as well and am excited to try it. I also read in one of the WDW travel books that it is rated the best buffet. Can't wait to try it.:mickey:

Checkers
08-02-2009, 04:23 PM
:mickey:IMHO, the best buffet at WDW! We ate there last Oct. when my niece celebrated her 6th birthday. It was wonderful and, of course, the characters gave her extra attention. You won't be disappointed!

1EeyoreFan
08-02-2009, 04:33 PM
These are great reviews! We are looking forward to trying this for the 1st time in 2 weeks! I even got DD age 4 a special Cindy dress made to wear to the event! Can't wait for an awesome meal and to see her face as she meets Cindy and Prince Charming. I am a little fearful over her reaction to the stepmother and step sisters. She has commented that they may be scary. Keeping my fingers crossed.:D

jakeybake
08-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Our second favorite buffet behind Cape May Cafe.

We just love the atmosphere. Even though it's loaded up with kids it is still very elegant. And the Grand Floridian is so beautiful that having to wait for our table doesn't bother us a bit. We love walking around the lobby and grounds before and after our meal.

My daughter was never a princess kind of kid so she could care less about the character interaction, and of course my 11 year old son has no interest in them whatsoever but they both really enjoy themselves when they are there.

Wish I was there now :mad:

Jay