PDA

View Full Version : Omni Champions Gate

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
07-31-2009, 01:37 PM
I stumbled on a really really good rate on the Omni Champions Gate on priceline.

Usually, we stay on property, but this is just such a good deal.

I haven't read much here about this resort, but it gets excellent reviews on other hotel type websites. BUT, these reviews aren't from the typical Disney enthusiast that's here on intercot.

The Omni has transportation available through Mears, but I'll probably just drive to the parks myself.

I've thought that I may actually get there faster than if I were staying at a value from not having to wait on the bus to arrive and go to the resort. This could be true.

However, I'd like to hear if any of you fellow Disney geeks have ever stayed at this off property hotel, and hear what your thoughts are.

passholderryan
08-01-2009, 10:50 AM
My wife and I stayed there a couple of months ago and will go back. The hotel itself was very excellent. It sits right on its own golf courses so the views are great. There is a 9 hole, chip and put, par 3 course that you can play for about 10 bucks (they even supply the clubs). The pool was great. I had a hard time getting out of the lazy river. There is a Publix plaza and Chilis right outside the hotel property. It is about a 10 minute ride to Disney, but we also got an incredible rate so it was worth it. If you want some pictures of the rooms and stuff, PM me and I'll get them to you. Another place you can look at which may have some deals is Gaylord Palms. It's probably the closest off property resort and also great.

mainemajor
08-01-2009, 11:31 AM
I stayed there for a conference two years ago and loved the facilities. The lazy river was a great way to unwind in the evening. They also ha ve tennis and basketball courts for your enjoyment. They have two golf courses and the Interntional course is thesite of the PGS's father & son challange each year.
the resort is a short trip to WDW and I would recomend a car so ou have freedom to go as you please.