PDA

View Full Version : Dine with an Imagineer

BiloxiMom
07-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Has anyone done this? My dd (13) really would like to be an animator and I thought this might be a special treat for her. Any thoughts? It's very expensive and I'm not sure it would be worth $120, especially if we didn't get someone who could really talk art.

DizneyFreak2002
07-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Doing it in October... Read some online reviews and everyone who has done it loved it.. I can't wait!!!

wonderalice23
07-30-2009, 11:48 PM
We are doing this in a couple weeks for the honeymoon! Can't wait! I love the Brown Derby anyways, so the combo will work wonderfully!

Strmchsr
07-31-2009, 08:04 AM
I did this last year with my DS. We loved it. The imagineer was very interactive with my son, even though it would have been easy for him to be brushed aside by all the adults asking questions. Food at the Brown Derby was a little "froo froo" for my taste, but the experience was well worth it.

joanna71985
07-31-2009, 03:17 PM
This is one experience I really want to try.

TheRustyScupper
07-31-2009, 04:43 PM
1) You do not know the person or their specialty until the meal.
2) You can get
. . . ride designers
. . . park designers
. . . animators

BiloxiMom
07-31-2009, 04:46 PM
Does everyone think this will be fun for a 13 yr. old? What types of things did you discuss?

ransam
08-01-2009, 01:29 AM
we went in December. Our imagineer was the art director for MK....
it was very laid back...
the food was good. a soup, cobb salad (awesome), then the entree. and for desert i had the grapefruit cake... it was so good.
there was about 10 people there..we toured the brown derby and then went to a back dining room to eat and meet him. like i said very laid back. we started by everybody introducing themselves, telling a little abouit themselves, and then a little about why we love disney...after that he just opened it up for questions... you could ask anything, but wouldn't answer everything..he was very strait forward...you could tell he really enjoyed doing these lunches...when he answered it he would lean back, and you could tell he thought about his answers so taht you got thte best answer possible. sometimes he would be strait forward and tell you he couldn't answer a certain question. everynow and then he would ask a question to the group, like what's your favorite ride. or what would you change...he told some great stories about behind the scenes stuff...he then autographed a clear plate. each autograph was personalized w/ a disney saying...
all in all it took about 2 1/2 hours....so you're not short changed at all.

as for your 13 year old...yes, i think she'd like it. if she loves disney, she will love the stories...you might try to come up w/ some questions she might like to know. it's very interactive. we talk as much as he does.

do it...it's so worth the money.

BiloxiMom
08-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted to know. I think she would love it!