PDA

View Full Version : Who is staying in the castle?

Giselle
07-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Who is staying in the castle now that it is no longer a prize in year of a million dreams campaign? VIPs? No one? Do they still give it out as a suprise? :princess:

Lakin
07-30-2009, 07:46 PM
I've wondered this myself! It'd be a shame if no one stayed in it.

LibertyTreeGal
07-30-2009, 08:26 PM
At one point there was serious discussion about it being reserved for Make a Wish kiddos. I hope that is what is happening!

Lakin
07-30-2009, 08:29 PM
At one point there was serious discussion about it being reserved for Make a Wish kiddos. I hope that is what is happening!

That would be wonderful!

Imagineer1981
07-31-2009, 12:04 PM

while I think that's great, I think it should be able to be reserved by normal guest as well. It would probably be expensive and no one will probably be able to afford it though

afowl1017
07-31-2009, 12:17 PM
I think they should still give it away! (like they did for A Year of A Million Dreams!) Talk about a dream come true...:cloud9:

LibertyTreeGal
07-31-2009, 12:24 PM
while I think that's great, I think it should be able to be reserved by normal guest as well. It would probably be expensive and no one will probably be able to afford it though

Urgh, one more perk for the ultra rich!! And those are the only ones who would be able to afford to do it. No one of normal means would ever have a chance. Better to give it to a dying kid and their family.

Now, on the other hand, if they built a dungeon suite, with Tim Burton doing the decor, I could see renting that out for the night!

dinahvixen
07-31-2009, 12:39 PM
I had forgotten all about the castle room!

Ian
07-31-2009, 03:48 PM
Urgh, one more perk for the ultra rich!!!Yeah, those darn people who work their tails off to make themselves successful and then turn around and employ the rest of us ... darn them ...

Anyway, the absolute silence around the Suite tells you all you need to know. It's getting rented out to the highest bidder/VIP.

If it was being used for Make-A-Wish it would be all over the news.

Hammer
07-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Yeah, those darn people who work their tails off to make themselves successful and then turn around and employ the rest of us ... darn them ...

Anyway, the absolute silence around the Suite tells you all you need to know. It's getting rented out to the highest bidder/VIP.

If it was being used for Make-A-Wish it would be all over the news.

Ian, while that is true of some, you know that many of the ultra rich did NOT work to make themselves successful but inherited their money and many of these families with "old" money did not earn it the most reputable way or by treating their workers fairly. You know you do not want to go down that road with me :) ...

I do agree, though, that it is probably rented out to VIPs and the like. While it would be great if it was being used for Make-a-Wish or similar organizations, I think the demand would be too great and they would have to turn people away, which I know Disney would not want to do as that would be a PR nightmare.

Melanie
07-31-2009, 05:56 PM
This was discussed briefly (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=147626&highlight=cinderella) back at the beginning of the year.

I LoveJack
07-31-2009, 06:35 PM
I know that I have entered a couple of different contests this year that is promising a nights stay in it , so maybe different corporations are able to rent it out. It certainly would be a nice prize to win. :mickey:

Georgesgirl1
07-31-2009, 07:54 PM
I asked about this on our Keys to the Kingdom tour last week. Our tour guide said that it was only being given out as a sweepstake prize. Oh, and Tom Cruise had it written in his contract that he could stay there on Valentine's Day with Katie Holmes in exchange for some publicity work he did for Disney.
So if you want to stay in the castle suite you have to win it or marry Tom Cruise!

DisneyPrincess21
07-31-2009, 08:21 PM
Oh, and Tom Cruise had it written in his contract that he could stay there on Valentine's Day with Katie Holmes in exchange for some publicity work he did for Disney.
So if you want to stay in the castle suite you have to win it or marry Tom Cruise!

Tom Cruise = :ack: :sick:
I love Disney as much as the next girl, and it has always been a dream of mine to stay in the castle. But even I am NOT that desperate! LOL

DVC2004
07-31-2009, 09:02 PM
They don't rent it out to rich folks, despite speculation. You cannot buy a night in the castle. It is not for rent.

The thing with the castle suite- it needs to have a cast member attending it all night. They do not want guests to be able to walk out and wander the park.

Ian
07-31-2009, 09:23 PM
They don't rent it out to rich folks, despite speculation. You cannot buy a night in the castle. It is not for rent.

The thing with the castle suite- it needs to have a cast member attending it all night. They do not want guests to be able to walk out and wander the park.That doesn't seem to jibe with the whole Tom Cruise thing.

Hammer
07-31-2009, 09:50 PM
That doesn't seem to jibe with the whole Tom Cruise thing.

Well, he actually did not rent the suite, if the information is correct. It was part of his contractual payment for work he did for Disney.

Ian
07-31-2009, 10:01 PM
Well, he actually did not rent the suite, if the information is correct. It was part of his contractual payment for work he did for Disney.Same thing ... he provided some consideration of significant value (i.e. his time) to Disney in exchange for the ability to stay in the suite.

In fact, it's safe to assume he turned down additional monetary compensation in return for the night in the Castle, so it amounts to paying the money anyway.

Georgesgirl1
07-31-2009, 10:09 PM
Tom Cruise = :ack: :sick:
I love Disney as much as the next girl, and it has always been a dream of mine to stay in the castle. But even I am NOT that desperate! LOL

I totally agree! I actually thought, "Well good for Katie Holmes, but marrying Tom Cruise wouldn't be worth it!"

disneykid@hrt
07-31-2009, 10:19 PM

I think I could put up with his antics for a night in the castle!:blush:

DisneyPrincess21
07-31-2009, 11:30 PM
I think I could put up with his antics for a night in the castle!:blush:

Well good for you for being willing to try, But did you consider how in the world you would be able to enjoy your night in the castle if he kept jumping up and down on all the couches in the whole castle! That would get old after the first 10 minutes. :laughing:

ShanPooh
08-01-2009, 12:45 AM
Well good for you for being willing to try, But did you consider how in the world you would be able to enjoy your night in the castle if he kept jumping up and down on all the couches in the whole castle! That would get old after the first 10 minutes. :laughing:

I was just wondering if there were any couches in the suite :funny:

Ian
08-01-2009, 05:03 PM
I was just wondering if there were any couches in the suite :funny:Yes, there are.

See?

Greenlawler
08-02-2009, 12:59 AM
Yes, there are.

See?

If that couch can sleep a 4 year old comfortably I guess it would be more than enough for Tom;)

DVC2004
08-02-2009, 08:29 AM
That doesn't seem to jibe with the whole Tom Cruise thing.

Contractual thing. I am saying that "Joe Anybody"from NY can't call Disney and rent it out for $10,000 tomorrow night.

clou1028
08-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Urgh, one more perk for the ultra rich!! And those are the only ones who would be able to afford to do it. No one of normal means would ever have a chance. Better to give it to a dying kid and their family.

Now, on the other hand, if they built a dungeon suite, with Tim Burton doing the decor, I could see renting that out for the night!

That would be so cool!

It would be nice if the castle suite was not only reserved for MAW kids and their families, but I also think it would nice if the occasionally still randomly chose people from the parks to have a night in it just like they did during Year of a Million Dreams.

LudwigVonDrake
08-02-2009, 11:30 AM
NOT ME!! :silly:

DisneyPrincess21
08-02-2009, 12:49 PM
If that couch can sleep a 4 year old comfortably I guess it would be more than enough for Tom;)

:haha::funny::silly:

HAHAHAHA LOL!