PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Decorations

Guya103
07-30-2009, 03:17 PM
We will be in the World October 31st through November 10th. (Just long enough to go to both of the party's:thumbsup:) We read that the Christmas decorations start going up at the beginning of November. We are just curious as to how far along the decorating will be during our trip? Also, is there any chance that we could get an early glance at the Osborne Lights at DHS? We have never been to either of the party's before nor have we seen the parks decorated for the Holiday season. We would love to hear about all of your experiences!:mickey:

We are going to MVMCP on the 10th (the first day of it), and are wondering if all of the decorations will be up for this at MK.We hope to see the Castle with it's Christmas lights!

jnfr2424
07-30-2009, 03:58 PM
You will probably see the castle and the holiday decor at MK but the Osbourne lights start on Black Friday- the day after Thanksgiving.

Guya103
07-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks for your response! Any idea when Epcot is decorated and what it entails?

jnfr2424
07-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Holidays around the World and the Candleight Procession at Epcot also begins right after Thanksgiving but I am sure you will be able to catch some of the holiday decor being set up also make sure you check out the resort areas as they get ready for the holdays too - it is truly something not to be missed!

Cinderella's mom
07-30-2009, 05:07 PM
We are coming down the Friday before Thanksgiving and leaving the Saturday after Thanksgiving. What all do you think will be up by then? Thanks!

jnfr2424
07-30-2009, 10:30 PM
We are coming down the Friday before Thanksgiving and leaving the Saturday after Thanksgiving. What all do you think will be up by then? Thanks!

Oh you are going to be there when we usually go! Everything for the holidays start the day after Thanksgiving
My family is usually at HS the Friday after Thanksgiving to see the Osbourne Lights. That same night the Candlelight procession begins in Epcot and MVMCP has already started with various dates so you should see everything in its holiday best!
Have a Great time and take tons of pictures!!!

Cinderella's mom
08-01-2009, 10:12 AM
So, we are really used to seeing the world all decorated in its finest. I was hoping it would be this year as well. :cloud9: I can't wait!!! Just hoping it will not be too crowded the first part of the week!!!

antngoof89
08-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Holidays around the World and the Candleight Procession at Epcot also begins right after Thanksgiving but I am sure you will be able to catch some of the holiday decor being set up also make sure you check out the resort areas as they get ready for the holdays too - it is truly something not to be missed!

The holiday decorations at WDW are the most beautiful pieces of scenery I have ever laid eyes on, at least as far as holiday's go. I've been to WDW around Christmas 2x and I can't wait until there is a third. It is wonderful, beautiful, and the most magical feeling walking through the world's greatest theme park geared up for the world's greatest holiday. Something about that park just seems to sparkle and give ya that extra sense of magic during the holidays. :mickey:

vws_and_disney
08-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Both parties are amazing! You should try and catch the later of the two parades the lines at a lot of the rides tend to be shorter during the first parade.:thumbsup:

jonasbrotherslvr15
08-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Both parties are amazing! You should try and catch the later of the two parades the lines at a lot of the rides tend to be shorter during the first parade.:thumbsup:

It's actually better to watch the first parade because then you can ride the rides in the dark but without lines!!;)