PDA

View Full Version : Current Crowds

MarkC
07-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Ok, just how bad are they right now? We leave in 2 days so I'm hoping next week will calm down a little bit. I just got a text from our neighbors who arrived yesterday. They are at DS and said they stood in line for 80 minutes for RNR and are now in a 100 minute wait for TSM. I'm guessing they didn't get there right away and are paying the price, or is it that bad right now?

MNNHFLTX
07-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Unfortunately that sounds just about right for this time of year. All the more reason to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours.

Gregandmel
07-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Get there at rope drop each day and have a game plan - you should be fine! Busy, yes, but manageable. I saw on touring plans where they had to adjust their touring crowd level up a few notches for the 1st part of August because the deals are creating "last minute vacations" for some people. Use the EMH's to your benefit and again - just get there early and have a plan. If you show up at the parks mid-day, you will probably run into some issues. Have a great time!! :mickey:

jaredkari
07-30-2009, 04:50 PM
We were there a couple of years ago around this time and it is pretty crowded..sorry. But like others have said get there at opening stay about 3-4 hours go back to resort swim and go back in evening. It is too hot to stay all day anyway. And I hate to admit it but I am one of those last minute vacationers. I am booking my trip tomorrow and planning to be there Monday so I will share your pain in the crowds. It will be fun nontheless. :mickey:

T--
07-31-2009, 10:27 PM
Got to MK at 8 pm yesterday and rode splash, pirates, jungle, peter pan and buzz by 9.30 and headed to Cali grill for mer soleil and wishes.

Rode the mono through EPCOT after the rains tonight at 6 and the test track was 25 min. which probably means 15 minutes.

Don't kill yourself in the a.m. and head out before the rain stops in the afternoon and get a full day in a couple of hours.

No ponchos and no cotton. Wear synthetic/sport clothes that air/dry quickly. Enjoy the rain.

5togetherWDW
08-01-2009, 10:58 AM
We were still seeing very heavy crowds as of Wednesday. Had a wonderful vacation, but the crowds were about . . . Disney was doing a great job of having things open, and managing the crowds, though. (While there were 45 minute waits for single riders on test track, single riders on EE had pretty much no wait.)
Be careful not to follow the flags -- there have been tour groups everywhere the last couple weeks (Brazilian tour groups, mostly.) Talking with an exhausted cast member over the weekend, she said had 13 different ones in the park that day alone. Personally we saw an average of 6 or 7 different tour groups each day.

Snow's Mom
08-01-2009, 09:38 PM
We were there last week. We went to the park that was open late the night before. Also arrived at park opening (9:00).

Crowds---so hard to judge. We talked to a retired couple from Florida and they said the crowds were not as bad as usual.

DS: I was able to walk on TSM and then get fastpasses while my DH and DD rode TOT and RnRC with about 15 minute waits. Fantasmic was standing room only an hour before the first show, though, and the 2nd show was full.

MK: We rode Buzz Lightyear twice in a row, no wait, after doing a couple of Fantasyland attractions. DH went and got FP's for Splash Mntn first thing, and we picked up another for BTMR a couple of hours later. Nothing else seemed busy.

AK: Please note---you can get FP's for several attractions at Discovery Island. Still have the wait time, but at least you don't have to jog over to EE to pick up a FP. We rode EE at opening, twice, no wait. Used FP for Safari ride after lunch. We had a FP for Dinosaur, but the standby line moved just as fast.

EP: The ride at Norway had a 30 minute wait, so we skipped it. Road Soarin' at park opening and picked up FP for Test Track, which of course broke down. No waits on anything else, really.

Don't worry---the heat is worse than the crowds!:mickey: