PDA

View Full Version : Wi-fi @ hotel?

Chernabog1326
07-30-2009, 06:28 AM
I am leaving tomorrow for WDW. We are staying at POP. We are trying to decide wether or no to bring the laptop to check e-mails and whatnot since we will be away for two weeks. Do they offer wi-fi at POP? If so, does anyone know the price?

Seasonscraps
07-30-2009, 06:40 AM
They dont have wi-fi but they do have high speed wired access - there's a cable in the room and it cost 9.95 per 24 hour period.

TheRustyScupper
07-30-2009, 07:54 AM
They dont have wi-fi but they do have high speed wired access - there's a cable in the room and it cost 9.95 per 24 hour period.

Plus tax.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-30-2009, 11:51 AM
We usually leave the PC at home - we're on vacation after all!!

But, during this last trip we needed to check something, so we brought the laptop, and used it once...I was too tired the rest of the nights (And it is too expensive).

There are some "free" Wi-Fi places not to far from Disney, I'm sure someone will be along with the details, if that helps.

Chernabog1326
07-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks everyone. Definitely not worth the money. Actually it's sounds like more of a rip-off. I can always check e-mail on my phone.

kemps@wdw
08-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Be sure to secure your laptop @ the resort. Ours was stolen out of our luggage in the "secure" luggage storage area while waiting to be taken to our room, and we were pretty well blown off by everyone there! Even had the customer service CM refuse our request to call police to report it. Said they took care of those issues internally. Needless to say, no report, no response, and no laptop!:mad:

Seasonscraps
08-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Be sure to secure your laptop @ the resort. Ours was stolen out of our luggage in the "secure" luggage storage area while waiting to be taken to our room, and we were pretty well blown off by everyone there! Even had the customer service CM refuse our request to call police to report it. Said they took care of those issues internally. Needless to say, no report, no response, and no laptop!:mad:

That's crazy! I would have picked up the phone & called the police myself! :mad: I am sure there are security cameras or something monitoring that area which could have helped recover your computer.

TheRustyScupper
08-03-2009, 03:23 PM
That's crazy! I would have picked up the phone & called the police myself! I am sure there are security cameras or something monitoring that area which could have helped recover your computer.

1) Luggage placed with bellmen is not kept in a secure location.
2) Although some luggage rooms have locks, they are usually kept open.
3) There are no security cameras or other monitoring.
4) Luggage is vulnerable to CM and non-CM theft.
5) There is no true locked room for valuables, such as cameras/computers.
6) If they are locked, a 4-digit key code opens the door(s).
7) For true safety, you should lock valuables in the hotel safe-box.
8) These are available through the Front Desk, and are free for use.

NOTE: Even at Deluxe and DVC resorts, during peak periods throughout the day when a lot of guests check-in at the same time, luggage can actually be placed outside in a public area and in one big mass. Anyone could walk by and grab a bag without being challenged.

Seasonscraps
08-03-2009, 04:08 PM
1) Luggage placed with bellmen is not kept in a secure location.
2) Although some luggage rooms have locks, they are usually kept open.
3) There are no security cameras or other monitoring.
4) Luggage is vulnerable to CM and non-CM theft.
5) There is no true locked room for valuables, such as cameras/computers.
6) If they are locked, a 4-digit key code opens the door(s).
7) For true safety, you should lock valuables in the hotel safe-box.
8) These are available through the Front Desk, and are free for use.

NOTE: Even at Deluxe and DVC resorts, during peak periods throughout the day when a lot of guests check-in at the same time, luggage can actually be placed outside in a public area and in one big mass. Anyone could walk by and grab a bag without being challenged.

I am surprised there is no video surveillance but I would still call the police. At the very least, people usually need a police report to file a claim with insurance companies.