PDA

View Full Version : Non-DVC WL Villa Question

DreamFinder2
07-29-2009, 09:59 PM
So, my DW and I are thinking of taking her parents to WDW (any excuse is a good one, I guess). We originally thought about booking a FW cabin, but the transportation issues mentioned in several books and here on Icot have made us reluctant.

So, now we're looking at a 1-bedroom villa at WL. Still the same decor (her parents are northwoods-types) with enough room for 4 adults to move around easily, plus kitchen facilities for breakfast.

My question...do these rooms ever become discounted? If a room-only discount code becomes available at some point, do they generally apply to villa rooms? Or just standard hotel rooms?

Thanks for any insights!

wdw_bound
07-30-2009, 03:07 AM
It's possible, but I've not seen a discount on a villa room. I also understand that at certain times of the year a villa room can be difficult to get.

I love WL, and am looking forward to staying there on our next trip. That being said, I also loved the cabins last year - they offered our family of 4 plenty of room and privacy. We did not have transportation issues, although we had our own car as we drive to WDW. However, we did utilize the internal bus system frequently and found it to be just fine. I also loved the fact that the cabins offered us a different flavor to our trip - very relaxing, with some unique activities. We also got a terrific deal on the rate, which is what convinced us to give it a try (I had already booked WL when a discount code came out, making the cabins $1100 cheaper than a courtyard regular WL room for our week-long stay) - I just couldn't justify not trying the cabins for that price difference.

Not trying to sell you on the cabins, as either they or the WL would be a great choice. But I wouldn't necessarily rule out the cabins for a transportation issue. Either way, have a great trip! :mickey:

MonoMan
07-30-2009, 05:23 AM
We have stayed at the WL Villas and have been able to get a room-only discount. The last time we stayed there we were able to get a AAA discount. I have noticed recently that they seem to promote discounts for specific villas, but usually if you read the fine print they will mention something about calling for other resorts. I would recommend using Magical Journeys because it is my understanding that whenever there is a promotion there are only a certain number of rooms at each resort for that promotion. If you book with MJs they will automatically apply the promotion to your ressie without you calling them. They will also work with you to see what discounts you might be eligible for. We love the WL:)

TheRustyScupper
07-30-2009, 07:58 AM
1) You can get an AAA or AP program discount.
2) Other than that, no discounts.
3) Remember, these are DVC timeshares.
4) There is a limited amount for non-DVC-points rental.
5) Plus, such a demand, that public discounts are not necessary. *

* VWL are always in demand.
. . . They were the 2nd DVC built.
. . . They are attached to the great Wilderness Lodge.
. . . They have relatively easy access to MK, Epcot, and FW.
. . . It is a small DVC, in the number of units, so no long walks to food or bus.