PDA

View Full Version : Meal plan change question ???

BIGDOG
07-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Please except my apology in advance,,,,I must have missed the news about the change. There is no more appetiser and tip included in the meal plan, when did they change this ??

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-29-2009, 08:44 PM
I believe it was at the beginning of 2008. The regular dining plan doesn't include appetizers or tips.

The Deluxe Plan does still include appetizers, but not tip.

On both plans, tip is only included at some pre-paid options (like the dinner shows).

Strmchsr
07-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Yep. It's been that way for about 18 months now.

Mackflava99
07-29-2009, 09:27 PM
yes we first experienced it in 2008

KathyMJ
07-29-2009, 09:50 PM
The gratuity and appetizer are no longer included. However, on buffets everything is included but the tip.
In my opinion, the dining plan is still a great deal! (Especially when it's free..lol!)
If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly :mickey:

Jodi
07-29-2009, 10:19 PM
We experience the change last year. Wish they would offer one or the other, appetizer or dessert. We would pick the appetizer. Oh, well. :confused:

DisneyFr33k
07-31-2009, 08:05 AM
We experience the change last year. Wish they would offer one or the other, appetizer or dessert. We would pick the appetizer. Oh, well. :confused:

:ditto::exactly: We were so disappointed, but tried it last year. With the amount of food offered, we really didn't miss the appetizer. But we agree with the post above - it would be nice to have the option of an appetizer or dessert.

There have been many posts about the tip not being inluded. Some feel it is a good thing as it will motivate the wait staff to do a good job. Others have felt if they don't include the tip, the prices of the plans should be adjusted.

Either way, we just plan now - looking over the menus before we leave and plan accordingly.

KSS
07-31-2009, 10:52 AM
I too would love the option of appetizer or dessert but by making it no option it cuts down on table time thus allowing more people to get reservations. Although people still have the option to pay out of pocket for appetizers most probably just skip it.

LibertyTreeGal
07-31-2009, 12:27 PM
I believe they were having troubles with a few Epcot establishments with tips getting to where they were supposed to go (Epcot world showcase restauraunts are privately held), so that may have entered into it, but it is all about the money honey!

(And I ditto the wish that I could choose between appetiser and dessert -- appetisers all the way!)

ransam
08-01-2009, 01:32 AM
I agree w/ the appetizer over desert, but understand why they don't. Most appetizers have to be made individually, while deserts can be pre maid. it's just easier.

what's funny is we ended up getting an appetizer anyway.

Belster
08-01-2009, 10:51 AM
The first time we went and needed to budget in for tips, I looked at the menus on intercot and took the most expensive thing. Added it up times how many adults. Then added in the appropriate kids prices. I have a party of 6 so I then added the automatic 18% to that total to budget for tips.

Hope this helps!!!

mainemajor
08-01-2009, 11:36 AM
I agree w/ the appetizer over desert, but understand why they don't. Most appetizers have to be made individually, while deserts can be pre maid. it's just easier.

what's funny is we ended up getting an appetizer anyway.

I know in a couple of places we will still get the apps.
What I miss more is the inclusion of the tip. That was a HUGE money saver, still a great value though.