PDA

View Full Version : Park Ticket Increase [Merged Threads]

4boysmom
07-29-2009, 05:00 PM
Rumor has it that the prices for park tickets is due to go up this coming Sunday, August 2. Does anyone know how much they are going up?

TheRustyScupper
07-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Between 2% and 9%.
;)

BluewaterBrad
07-30-2009, 10:12 AM
We just got our seasonal passes bought last week to beat the increase!:mickey:

DNS
07-30-2009, 11:02 AM
I am not criticizing the increases, Disney has every right to do that, but what I don't understand is why the increases, then give away free dining plans, extra nights free at the hotels and other things they do to get people to the parks?? Is it all about marketing? People feel like they are getting a good deal, so they are more inclined to go? Or do ticket prices go up to help pay for the special offers? Seems like the offers help pull them in, but the ticket prices might keep them out. Not meaning anything good or bad about this, just curious if anyone else wonders about this or has any thoughts on it.

Imagineer1981
07-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Maybe they shouldn't increase them this year, keep prices lower due to the economy?

DizneyRox
07-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Maybe they shouldn't increase them this year, keep prices lower due to the economy?
Profits are down, it needs to come up. How would Disney make their money to make the stockmarket happy? Do you honestly expect shareholders to accept that the world economy is in the toilet so it's OK to give them a pass of double digit profit increases over last year? :D

Septbride2002
07-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Off to go buy mine today!

jensantuit
07-30-2009, 12:58 PM
We just bought our annual passes last weekend to beat the increase. :mickey:

Nascfan
07-30-2009, 01:17 PM
We got ours purchased this past month for our trip next year. Something tells me I'm going to be glad we did.

Imagineer1981
07-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Profits are down, it needs to come up. How would Disney make their money to make the stockmarket happy? Do you honestly expect shareholders to accept that the world economy is in the toilet so it's OK to give them a pass of double digit profit increases over last year? :D

My thought is keep park tickets lower and then make more money by spending in the parks. Disney probably makes way more on food and merchandise sales then they do on tickets because of the multi day passes, I could be wrong.

allentownguy
07-31-2009, 12:16 AM
i saw this on the orlando sentinel's web site and i wented to share it with everyone. because of the bad economy every penny helps and i would not be supprised that this would happen after the disney corp released it's 3'rd quarter profit loss of 26%.

this is once again quoted from the orlando sentinel's site:http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_orlando/2009/07/disney-world-ticket-admission-increase-tips-annual-passes.html

"If you have an upcoming Walt Disney World vacation or are a local considering annual passes, you might want to consider purchasing your theme park tickets in the next few days.

For the past three years, Disney has raised ticket prices on the first Sunday in August. Such hikes usually aren't announced in advance, so once you hear about it, it's too late to take advantage of the current rates.

My family's passes renew the first week in August so I try to time our renewals so we are only paying one price increase per year. Plus, passholders get a discount for renewing up to 30 days before or after their tickets' expiration date.

Another tip: Orlando's theme parks tend to change ticket prices about the same time. So, if you hear about one of the Big Three (Disney World, Universal Orlando or SeaWorld) charging more, the others are likely to quickly follow suit."

mudpuppysmom
07-31-2009, 01:08 PM
I have a feeling the price increase will happen....but just to put it in perspective....I own Disney stock....and right NOW it's trading at $25.14. Here's the perspective.....the 52 week low was $15.14 (on March 10, 2009) and the 52 week high was $34.85 (on September 19, 2008) -- so right now the stock is sorta up from a few months ago, but it is still up about $10 per share from nearly a year ago.....My personal thought is that Diseny isn't doing THAT bad based on these prices, but as someone else said -- the stockholders (the major ones anyway) aren't going to want less dividends!

Yes, there will be a price increase and I think it will not be modest either.

Mickey'sGirl
07-31-2009, 02:20 PM
Called DVC and bought our APs today. We're heading down at the end of August anyway, so it wasn't a huge deal....but if it saved us a few bucks, that'll be great! :thumbsup:

Meteora
07-31-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the tip! My dad looked at me like I had three heads, but he bought the tickets for our upcoming trip today. Hopefully I'll save him a few dollars.

DizneyRox
07-31-2009, 03:58 PM
My thought is keep park tickets lower and then make more money by spending in the parks. Disney probably makes way more on food and merchandise sales then they do on tickets because of the multi day passes, I could be wrong.
The problem is, according to the resorts, attendence is up, but spending is down. So, leaving everything as is, they are in the same boat. Everyone needs a ticket to get in, so that's where you'll see guaranteed growth (if they wisely offset the people they prevent from coming by the additional revenue from the tickets).

I'm surprised they do it at the end of the summer though, you would think they would get more if they raised those prices in May! At least more money on this fiscal year.

Used to be only two certainties in life: death and taxes. Now there are three: death, taxes and disney ticket price increases (at least once a year).

Melanie
07-31-2009, 05:53 PM
A price increase has indeed been announced.

Details and discussion here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=158957).