PDA

View Full Version : Mad Teacups Nausea?

coneygoil
07-29-2009, 03:14 PM
I love the Mad Teacups, but every time my mom rides, she gets nauseated. She says spinning rides never made her sick until she got pregnant with me and claims that a lot of women have this problem after they have kids. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem after having kids? My husband and I are planning to start building our family next year and I'm hoping I can still ride the Teacups after having a baby!

DisneyHoneymooners
07-29-2009, 03:21 PM
one nice thing about the tea cups is that you can control how much you spin. Spinning rides make me sick so we just take it easy on how much we spin. good luck

prprincess
07-29-2009, 03:40 PM
I used to think it was just me, but I've heard the same from several mommy friends of mine.

Pre DS #1 I was a HUGE thrill ride enthusiast. Now I can't do anything that spins without getting nauseous. Even rides that just go round and round, like Dumbo, sometimes make me ill.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-29-2009, 04:03 PM
This ride tends to make me feel yucky too! Someone told me to look straight ahead without looking down or to the sides and I wouldn't get sick, it actually worked for me.:dizzy:

deedeebee
07-29-2009, 04:05 PM
It's true for many of us! After three kids:ack: to spinning, other thrill rides are okay!:thumbsup: The price we pay;)

disneymom15
07-29-2009, 04:28 PM
I can't do spinning rides either. No problem with roller coasters.

cajunprincess
07-29-2009, 05:26 PM
I had often wondered if it were just me! Yes, I can no longer do spinning rides. I find myself a little less likeley to do thrill rides as well. Not because they make me :ack: just because I know that I have 2 kids if anything happens. Funny how our ways of thinking change isn't it:confused:

LilRonGal
07-29-2009, 05:44 PM
I used to love the Mad Tea Party, but I got nauseated last time I was on it. :(

I have a feeling that my 6-year old will make me get on this time... so I guess I'd better get ready.

LoriMistress
07-29-2009, 08:54 PM
My DH can't take spinning rides. He'll take some anti-nausea medication before going on it. He can only go on it once, and that's it for him. Even M:S, he'll go on it once, and that's it.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
07-29-2009, 08:59 PM
2 kids and no spinning for me! If I am alone with the kids, I will go on the tea cups, but I work hard to hold it as still as possible. Rides like Dumbo I can do becasue they are open air...

But the way I look at it... giving up spin rides for 2 great kids, not a bad trade!

Cinderelley
07-30-2009, 03:57 AM
3 kids later and I still LOVE spinning!!!! DH and step DS can't do spinning rides. Makes it easier for me, I don't have to choose who to sit with on the teacups - just me and my three. And boy, do we make it spin - especially now that they are all older teens and can help out. :D

debandbub
07-30-2009, 06:12 AM
I have always gotten sick by "spinny" rides, but I also always promise my s/o one Teacup ride each trip, because she loves them so much. I do it first thing in the morning, wearing my sea bands, a motion sickness patch, and taking dramamine. I look straight ahead, as the PP said, and I make it through just fine! BUT- once a trip is plenty for me! Give me the thrill rides with dips, falls and loops and I am happy as can be!

DisneyFanaticDargon
07-30-2009, 06:45 AM
If spinning rides are something you can't do normally, but would still love to ride, try talking to your doctor about a Transderm patch. It's a patch that goes behind your ear that helps prevent motion sickness. You need a prescription to get them, but they help a LOT for stuff like this, without the side-effect of drowsiness that Dramamine causes. The only major side-effect is that you might get dry mouth while wearing it.

However, I can personally attest to being able to ride the Teacups five times in a row wearing this thing and not feeling the least bit dizzy or nauseous at the end.

barnaby
07-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Being a male, I have never been pregnant.
However, I used to be able to get on any attraction but after about age 25 have not been able to do any rides that spin including those as mild as the carousel.

julie0282
07-30-2009, 10:55 AM
the same for me i use to go on all rides twice even three times and never get sick but then i had my daughter and alot of things get me sick now ugh that is so disappointing. so for this trip i bought motion sickness pills :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
07-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Not physically possible for myself to have children, but got pretty nauseated after riding them in the sixth grade (over 30 yrs ago!), and have not been on them since!!:mickey: