PDA

View Full Version : Whatcha Doin' Today???

Marker
07-29-2009, 09:01 AM
So as a tool to get to know folks, and just simple voyueristic curiosity..... "Whatcha Doin' Today???"

The job hunt continues. Thinking about yesterday's. The meeting was ok. They were more of a contract company than a recruiting agency, but they do recruiting too. While I'd rather find something full time, a contract deal is work, and is the direction a lot of places are going. He mentioned, to no surprise, that the KC market is flooded with IT/Software folks, thanks in no small part to my former employer, Sprint. He mentioned they do contract placements in Topeka, Witchita, and other regional locations. Not sure what I'd think of the world of being a contractor, but it would be work.

Today, job club at church at 9.

Melanie
07-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Continued luck on the job front, Marker! :fingers:

I'll play! :)

Already back this morning from getting my Florida driver's license. That was seriously the easiest driver's license experience I've ever had. Nice job Florida DMV! :thumbsup: And tomorrow my boys and I are headed for a quick trip to WDW to get our new APs, and then spend the day at Animal Kingdom. :joy:

But for the rest of this day - I'm going to be working on getting my youngest son's room put together. Finished oldest's yesterday. Slowly but surely this house we are renting is becoming our home.

TiggerD
07-29-2009, 09:42 AM
Good luck on the job hunt, as far as what I am doing today, well, waiting to be a grandma again. My youngest DS and his wife are expecting their first and are at the hospital right now, so waiting for the call to go and wait for the arrival of Austin Michael. Once he arrives, DH and myself along with DIL parents are going to crack open a bottle of fine champagne and celebrate.

43 days till our next trip and shopping for the newest addtion at the land of magic.:mickey:

TennesseeTink
07-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Today I am off from both of my jobs, a rare occurance that I shall take advantage of.:D I'm taking my girls to see a movie, probably Harry Potter. We may even do lunch while we're out. Just a fun girl's day!:cloud9:

Good luck with the job search, Marker! Pixie dust coming your way.:pixie:

Marci
07-29-2009, 10:23 AM
I am having a HUGE 4th Birthday party for my son on Saturday, so I have an endless To Do List. Unfornuately, my son has a stomach bug and is really sick. So instead of the To Do List, I am taking care of him and desperately trying to get the smell of vomit out of my couch. :ack:

Missy_Mouses_Dad
07-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Good luck on the job front...

Today I am "flexing" and taking dd14 out to lunch. She wants to try Sonic (they are new here), and possibly go to a driving range.

For those of you with daughters, I was talking with a USC recruiter at WDW in June, and he mentioned the hardest scholarship to fill is woman's golf.

DisneyOtaku
07-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Today I am at work until 3, where I am filing fifty-years worth of indexes into one file for my press' magazine. Not fun. Afterwards, I am going to go home and play around on my laptop to see if I can burn DVDs properly of random videos I have on there. There will be playing of the PS2 as well before I do my laundry. Dinner is leftover Olive Garden (YUM!) and then work on my novel.

It shall be a good day :thumbsup:

DisneyOtaku
07-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Good luck on the job front...

Today I am "flexing" and taking dd14 out to lunch. She wants to try Sonic (they are new here), and possibly go to a driving range.

I loooooove Sonic's. I highly recommend their Cherry Limeades ;)

cajunprincess
07-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Job hunting is the pits! Good Luck!

Today, I am at work. I will be here for another 7 1/2 hours or so. Then I will go home and start my second job....Wife and mother to a 4 year old and a 7 month old! The rain here is keeping us from doing much outside, so thank God for library books! Hopefully I will also help my sister in law, her husband, and their 2 month old daugher move to their new house. Ah, dreaming of Disney World:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Let's see...

Dropped DD off at day camp, drove through a crazy rainstorm on the way to the YMCA.

Now I'm home, doing some job hunting (sent out lots of resumes, haven't heard anything back from them yet :( ) and starting to plan for our mini-vacation to Magic Meets next weekend.

StitchFan#1
07-29-2009, 10:52 AM
today has been and going to be like the rest of the week. STaying at my grandmas house helping her recover her rotator cuff urugry. Boy can she sleep! I might break out the slip and slide too and freeze my toes in her water. SONIC"S BURGERS ARE DELISH

tink2006
07-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Good luck on the job search :pixie:

I am at work. I have a Rotary meeting at noon today - it is my turn to take the speaker. Yesterday afternoon, I find out my original speaker was not able to attend so I had to quickly be resourceful and find a replacement at the last minute - luckily crisis averted :thumbsup:

I will go home around 5'ish. Last night we decided to go see the men's Senior Golf Tournament in Indianapolis so I will run by and pick up some tickets for this weekend.

We are redocorating our sun room and we still have to do a little more painting - will probably pick up a paintbrush. Hopefully it will be done by this weekend, at the latest.

you know, last night I was thinking.... we seem to constantly work -jobs, kids, home improvement projects, etc. I have decided it will be nice to take one weekend a month for just the two of us. We can do something fun or nothing at all. Our choice. I haven't told Hubby but I don't think he will have a problem with this ;)

Belle--86
07-29-2009, 11:39 AM
We are sitting here{ myself--DD15 and DD 7} waiting for the rain to start-- just another great day in New England this suummer-- also trying to finalize plans packing for our trip to the WORLD --- in 17 days.. GOOD LUCK ON THE JOB HUNT!

ChipDale2708
07-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Good luck on the job hunt! A friend of mine is being let go at the end of October so I've been keeping my eyes open for her.

Today I am trapped in my office until 5p; though I have to go to the pet store at lunch to stock up on kitten food :cat:. Thank goodness for errands to break up the day! Tonight after the gym and dinner, I will be plotting our drive to Atlantic City for next week. Anyone with good road advice from the CT area would be appreciated!

azdisneymom
07-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Best wishes to all looking for a job!

Maybe a few of you will understand - My DS is home from the Marines. He had been gone 8 months and is now a reservist. So what I am doing today is laundry and general cleaning. Anything to keep me in the house just so I can see his face for a moment before he heads out to visit friends. I go back to work at school next week and really should be out running errands but I just can't get out the door for some reason :blush:. Hope you all have a nice day - I will :D

Lizzy
07-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Started my day by taking out all the trash, (we missed it the past 4 times) getting the baby dressed, getting my older son up and ready, getting myself ready for work and getting out the door in 20 minutes. Proud of myself, I did it and only forgot to take out the dogs this morning. Good thing my wonderful boyfriend is at home today. He will take them out and then he is going house hunting! :thumbsup: So then I drop baby off at :thedolls: ex mother in law, drop older son off at my moms, head to work and awesome I was 10 minutes early! Not sure how but I will take it! Stuck here until 5pm

After work I go and pick up DS#1 at my moms. DS#2 at :thedolls: ex mother in law, go to the grocery, head home, take out the dogs, thank the Lord that I put dinner in the crock pot last night because it is probably getting on 7:30 ish and don't want to cook. Get the baby his bath, put him to bed, take the dogs out again. Somehow fit in laundrey, dishes, and other misc house work and time with boyfriend who has tonight off. Probably fall into bed about 2am. Get up at 6:30tomorrow and do it all over again. Thankfully, I don't work my second job on Wednesday nights anymore. :faint:

Just a typical weekday in my life :crazy:

Nice job Florida DMV! :thumbsup: .

:eek2: I don't think I have ever heard this before.

RedSoxFan
07-29-2009, 12:29 PM
This morning I dropped DD12 off at the high school for an all day softball clinic run by the the middle school and high school coaches. Kourtney will play soccer, basketball and softball for the middle school this upcoming school year. She already knows the soccer and basketball coaches and now she is getting to know the softball coaches. She was very excited to go this morning.
The rest of my day so far has been light housecleaning and playing with our new 8 wk old yellow lab -- Bella. It is like having a new baby in the house.
Later this afternoon I will make dinner as everyone is home tonight (no softball games).
:)

Aggie97
07-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Best wishes to all of you looking for jobs! :thumbsup:

I am doing laundry. Also looking into options to update our insurance policies (homeowner, auto, personal articles floater) for more appropriate coverage. Then making phone calls to figure out why we have not received a title for the car we paid off several months ago. Also need to call Comcast to find out why we are seeing a "cable card error" screen for a channel on one TV. Then I will pay bills! But I am on Intercot to avoid doing some of it. :blush:

DisneyDog
07-29-2009, 02:11 PM
It's been a busy day. Got DS6 dressed so DH could drop him off at camp. I had to get my car inspected at 8am. Grabbed a quick breakfast afterwards and headed to a 10:15am doctor's appointment. At work at 12:30 and I'm here until 8:30pm. It's been thundering all morning and I'm waiting for the skies to open up and hopefully end this oppressive humidity. Feels like Orlando in late August...too bad there are no rides here:(

Is it really only Wednesday?

TikiGoddess
07-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Today I took DD6 to see "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" at the movie theater -- only cost: popcorn! Then we went to the mall for lunch (brought sandwiches with us), rode the carousel, and had fun looking at books in the bookstore.

We're home right now playing on the computers... DD4 will be home in an hour or so from Grandma's house... and DH is making ribs for dinner tonight.

After dinner I'm hoping to run on the treadmill while watching Love Boat reruns.

Kathy

Damon18
07-29-2009, 05:37 PM
I have had a tough day! I got up around 9ish, and went out for breakfast. Then it was off to a gruelling round of golf with some friends. I came home to take my daughter to her piano lessons, but we got a call that they were cancelled so we went and got some ice cream instead. I don't know how much more of this I can take!!:)

Missy_Mouses_Dad
07-29-2009, 09:35 PM
DD14 and I didn't make it to Sonics. We went for a 2 hour bike ride instead.

TiggerD
07-29-2009, 10:39 PM
As I posted earlier today, I was waiting for the arrivial of my new grandson, well he arrived at 8:34 this evening and weighed a whopping 9 lbs. My DDIL had to end up having a c-section but we are all so exstatic and cannot wait to bring him to Disney.:mickey:

crazypoohbear
07-29-2009, 11:16 PM
I spent the day in boston.
Getting my yearly ob/gyn physical and
Mammogram
Yippee!
Now I have to go back next wednesday because the doctor wants me to have an ultrasound, no not pregnant, looking for possible issues/abnormalities :(
Oh, I'm also job hunting
So, next wednesday, I'll take my son's with me for the doctors appointment, then make an afternoon of it in Boston.
maybe go to the JFK museum or if it's nice out check out the boston common/rose kennedy parkway/north end.

sportsguy2315
07-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Nothing too hard today:

Return Items to the Library
Pick up peas at the local farmer's market
Attend County Fair while dodging raindrops

nicster
07-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Today is Thursday July 31,2009. I start my days with a look at my email, a check on the new posts on Intercot, and look at my bank & credit card status. Then DH & I do our 2.25 mile walk around the park down the street from our home. Today my friend is graduating from beauty school, so I will be going to the school along with her sister & nieces & nephew. Afterward, we will get a bite to eat somewhere that the young kids will be comfortable (Taco Bell? Rubios??) then back to my house for a swim. This evening DH & I will do some studying together, a walk around the park again (we are in WDW training mode), then we will watch Eureka & play a game or two of Mario Kart.... somewhere in there I will once again check email & Intercot. Then a good nights sleep-dreaming of our September trip to see our favorite mouse!:mickey:

Damon18
07-30-2009, 11:15 AM
As I posted earlier today, I was waiting for the arrivial of my new grandson, well he arrived at 8:34 this evening and weighed a whopping 9 lbs. My DDIL had to end up having a c-section but we are all so exstatic and cannot wait to bring him to Disney.:mickey:

Congratulations! I hope all are doing well.:thumbsup:

Pagan
07-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Working
Getting my hair colored. (started going grey when I was 17, NOT getting it colored is not an option. lol)
Driving 50 miles to my rehearsal studio.
Loading all my gear into my tiny little Chevy HHR.
Driving to the club I'm gigging at tomorrow night to unload.
Delivering a few tickets for the show to some friends.
Driving home.
Slipping into a much needed coma for the evening.

DeniseMB
07-30-2009, 02:00 PM

CONGRATULATIONS TIGGERD...HOW WONDERFUL! :mickey:

My husband has been laid off for 14 months. He just received a call and has an interview tomorrow. So, I am sitting here praying for good news.

I am also ready to head out and pound the pavement to deliver fliers door-to-door to drum up some business for my home-based travel company. :mickey:

DisneyDog
07-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Dropped off DS at camp and went in to work at 8:30am. I do computer maintenance on the library's computers before we open at 10am. Rather than staring off into space while the computers do their thing, I finished off Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (I had my copy at home but found a copy on the shelf and continued where I left off --ah, the perks of working in a library!). Spending the rest of the work day cataloging new items and adding them to the collection.

After work -- picking up DS at camp, walking the dog, making a quick dinner, and then going back to the library with DS for a puppet show this evening.

Marker
07-31-2009, 01:00 AM
Today (Thursday) was a busy day.

2 Job Club/Networking meetings
Lunch with a couple former co-workers (including my former supervisor)
contacted a recruiter I've spoken with before
submitted online applications to a couple of job postings I found online
swapped a couple e-mails with a kind travel agent seeking more career targeted information. I will make this happen, in addition to finding a job.
made supper for my wife, my daugher and I (grilled pork steaks, fresh corn on the cob & garden salad).

And now, when I should really be in bed, I'm sitting up watching the final 2 episodes of the first season of Carnivale, I got the DVDs for Christmas and just now getting around to watching. Now I'll probably have to go buy season 2, or wait for Christmas. I love this show. Watched it when it originally ran on HBO, and watching it again now I'm seeing so many more clues and details.

amd780
08-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Today we had an electrician come and fix the ceiling fan in one of our spare bedrooms that stopped working. Our furry friend, Marvel :cat: was scared of the noise the electrician was making and hid under the bed, so we spent some time sitting with him and reassuring him that everything was ok :). Since we had to get up early, we decided to clean the house and get that over with. After lunch, we will head out to our local history museum, which we have been talking about visiting for a long time but never got around to it. I love Saturdays! :cloud9:

badkitty
08-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Hi all! I found this post today and thought I would join you. :mickey:

After checking Intercot, I will be off to the nail salon - the one thing I hope I never have to give up! Next it will be lunch with BF and then back to work to finish a project (yuk - work on Saturday but I am glad to still have a job since several of my co-workers were laid-off).

I hope everyone has a great day!

Tomorrow I start packing for a short trip to the World. 4 days 21 hours 23 minutes 54 seconds until WDW! (I just looked at my countdown clock.) Woo Hoo!
:joy:

garymacd
08-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Can't say.

Big secret!

Not really.

Just hacking away, turning my trumpet vine into a cornet vine.

M'eh. Music jokes. Sometimes they can BE FLAT! B flat! Oh man I am hysterical.

Oh Gawd I am such a geek!

garymacd
08-07-2009, 11:28 AM
I have had a tough day! I got up around 9ish, and went out for breakfast. Then it was off to a gruelling round of golf with some friends. I came home to take my daughter to her piano lessons, but we got a call that they were cancelled so we went and got some ice cream instead. I don't know how much more of this I can take!!:)

You need to take it easy! Find some time for yourself! Relax!

Marker
08-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Howdy friends.

Nothing exciting on the agenda today.

No interviews, no appointments, no job fairs, no networking events. Just sitting here at my desk following up on leads, looking for connections.... doing that job hunt thing.

Only 43 days until my September WDW trip. It would sure be nice to have something lined up by then.

At some point, looking for a carrier opportunity will have to give way to just finding a job (or 2).

Marker
08-08-2009, 08:50 AM
We're heading up to St Joseph, MO. Going to eat lunch at a place we've heard has awesome tenderloins in Wathena, KS, then going to tour the Glore Psychiatric Museum. Should be interesting.