PDA

View Full Version : Loved POR!

KatrinaJ91
07-28-2009, 10:39 PM
We just got back from a wonderful week at the World and stayed at POR. We LOVED it! The atmosphere was beautiful. We stayed in the Alligator Bayou very near the main building and we will definitely stay there again! The food court had very good food and a nice variety. The whole resort was so peaceful and beautiful. We walked the grounds a few times and felt so relaxed. The boat to DD was a nice change from the buses....although the buses were not bad! The longest wait we had all week for a bus was 5 minutes!! It took less than 20 min to get to any of the parks and it was such a relief to not have to drive anywhere! So we would definitely recommend POR to everyone! Just wanted to put that out there!! :minnie:

Lakin
07-28-2009, 11:08 PM
Glad to hear you had a great time! :mickey:

Seasonscraps
07-28-2009, 11:09 PM
It's one of my faves too! I am glad you had a great vacation! :mickey:

IfUHadWings
07-28-2009, 11:35 PM
Good to hear. Thanks for the report. We are considering POR for our Dec trip.;)

Genie1953
07-28-2009, 11:52 PM
We stayed at Port Orleans in the Mansions back in 2005 and you are absolutely right about Port Orleans. The entire resort is peaceful. My husband really hates crowds and was not really thrilled about going to Disney World in the first place. But Port Orleans won him over. When I told him I wanted to go again in April for our anniversary he was immediately on board with it. We talked about some of the other resorts but he prefers we stay at Port Orleans again...and honestly that is my preference also. My only disappointment is that we heard that Boatwrights quit serving breakfast and we really enjoyed that the couple of time we did it. Oh well....the food court is wonderful too. Anyway....glad you enjoyed your stay there.

jonahbear2006
07-29-2009, 01:32 AM
yay! so glad to hear this report! thank you! We leave for Alligator Bayou in 33 days! I am SOOOOOO excited. we are having a ball planning this! I have been a bit nervous cause last time we stayed at the beach club and felt it was right up our alley, so I am glad to hear someone really loved this resort, I think I will too, now! :mickey:

tazlikesrobots
07-29-2009, 08:50 AM
We stayed in one of the mansions over the 4th of July week and loved every minute of it. Looking forward to staying there again :mickey:

ryels
07-29-2009, 08:56 AM
Glad you enjoyed it! We stayed there for the first time last November and loved it as well. It was probably our favorite Disney trip.

The only problem is that it spoiled us, so now we can't imagine staying at anything less than a moderate:cloud9:.

elmjimmlm
07-29-2009, 09:35 AM
:mickey:Glad to hear of another POR lover...We will be there in a few weeks and are looking forward to going "home"...We stay there every year..It is the best resort for us and I can't imagine staying anywhere else...:mickey:

#1donaldfan
07-29-2009, 12:23 PM
....SSHHHHH.....

.....keep it down guys......we don't want the word to get out that our beloved POR is so great. We want to keep it just as it is, not overly crowded and loud....so, we need to keep it down a bit......

.....just kidding !!!:thedolls:

Lisa417
07-30-2009, 10:24 AM
YIPPIE!! i'm so excited!

We are staying for our honeymoon in POR french quarter! Never stayed on that side before and i'm very excited!
I stayed at riverside when it was dixie landings.. almost had the wedding in Magnolia bend!!

BluewaterBrad
07-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Glad you had a GREAT time!:mickey:

Richard Lauzon
07-30-2009, 12:43 PM
We discovered POR several years ago. We have stayed there every time since. It is wonderful. We especially enjoy the boat transportation to DTD. We have been going in October the last few years and the parks close early most nights so it is nice to finish off the day with a leasurly trip to DTD by boat. Enjoy your stay :mickey:

mermaidmarian
07-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Nice to hear the love for POR. It is our favorite resort and we've pretty much stopped talking about staying anywhere else when we plan our trips.

kathiep
08-01-2009, 09:32 AM
We stayed there one night only last year. We loved the main pool area. So much fun for the kids and the way there's a lot of trees and foliage is terrific. DH just told me we have to stop in this year to eat in the food court again. He really liked the make your own pasta station. I'm beginning to wonder if POR is starting to take a little piece of our hearts away from CSR.

mamasun
08-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Glad you enjoyed it- our favorite is the FQ- never tried the Riverside- will have to someday!:mickey:

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-01-2009, 03:08 PM
We have stayed at POR several times and really love the Mansions.
The grounds are beautiful, we love the food court and the boat to DTD is an added treat.

In June however our request for a specific building in that area (for medical reasons, my M-I-L has arthritis in her knees and saving some walking whenver possible is a big help) was not met and we were exiled to a building in Alligator Bayou that was about as inconveniently located as possible.

It is still a beautiful resort, but the "oh well" attitude exhibited by the CM's (including a suit) this trip have kind of left a negative feeling.

Daddy Mouse
08-01-2009, 03:17 PM
We'll be staying there for 10 days (5 days to go) for our anniversary. Glad you had a grat trip. We are really looking forward to it especially after most people love the resort.

azcavalier
08-01-2009, 03:41 PM
This is our favorite when we go with the whole family. We love the proximity of the bus stops, and we love the pool. We love the food court, but we haven't tried Boatwrights yet. We have an ADR for this trip in October, though.

When we go, we pretty much have to stay at POR unless we want to shell out for a Deluxe, since we have three kids. It's the only moderate/value resort that will sleep five without a suite.

Mousemates
08-01-2009, 07:29 PM
good to hear....we're planning on bringing in the new year at POR.

poohbearkris
08-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Glad to hear that you liked POR. We have most recently been staying at POFQ and CBR, but will be trying POR in September. I hope we like it as much at POFQ.

Tinkerbella16
08-05-2009, 04:40 PM
I must agree! I was saying all the same things about POR after my 2007 trip.

In 2008 I stayed at POFQ and loved it there MORE!!!! It just wasn't as big which was a great thing, and it was always quiet like no one was there all day/night!

I love Port Orleans! :mickey:

beachezncream
08-06-2009, 10:57 AM
we're getting ready to go to POR in September, we've been different times before and absolutely love it :cloud9: although Beach Club still has my heart, POR is a runner up :thumbsup:

:mickey: Linds

DisneyOtaku
08-06-2009, 01:38 PM
I am staying there for the first time this September, so I am glad to hear you enjoyed it.

martinfamily5
08-06-2009, 05:23 PM
We love POR. It is our favorite resort. We are staying at ASM in September (20th Wedding Celebration) because it will be just the two of us and we are trying to go as inexpensivley as possible. But POR is our favorite.

KatrinaJ91
08-07-2009, 07:16 PM
DH just told me we have to stop in this year to eat in the food court again. He really liked the make your own pasta station.

I totally agree! I used the pasta station twice while there and made different types each time....they were both delicious! It was nice to see such good food at the food court. We also enjoyed the carved beef and chef selections as well! mmmmm:pizza:

lorieandalex
08-11-2009, 01:30 PM
I so love POR, we have stayed their a few times and staying again in October.....we love the fact that in the morning we can head over to the parks on the bus, but then can use the water taxi at night to head over to Downtown Disney