PDA

View Full Version : Snack credit??

dizknee531
07-28-2009, 10:12 PM
I read today on another site that you can opt to NOT get dessert at a counter service meal and get ANOTHER credit for a snack to be used at a later time. We never knew this. Has anyone else done this before??

DeniseMB
07-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Yes... Have the cashier stamp your receipt. You can get dessert at another counter service location. But expires on the same day. :mickey:

DisneyFr33k
07-29-2009, 07:51 AM
Yes... Have the cashier stamp your receipt. You can get dessert at another counter service location. But expires on the same day. :mickey:

Wow! I didn't know you could do this!

So if we eat at Columbia Harbour House and decline dessert, can we use that for a Dole Whip or Dole Float? We've heard too many good things about them not to try them this year!

poohbearkris
07-29-2009, 08:41 AM
Wow that is awesome, sometimes I don't really care to much for the couple of options they have, but will still get something just to get it. Thanks for the info.

elmjimmlm
07-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Thanks!!! I myself am too full at the end of the meal to eat dessert so this will work out great...Nothing like going back to our resort and getting a chocolate chip muffin...:tasty:

angyl15
07-29-2009, 10:13 AM
So do you have to use the credit at another counter service location or can it be at a snack location like an ice cream cart?

DeniseMB
07-29-2009, 11:15 AM
When I realized I could do this it was near the end of my trip. I only had 2 days left. We had lunch at ASMo and came back by 11 pm & got a banana splt. I also had a counter service in MK and had dessert at a different counter servce in MK the same day.

I didn't try to use it as a snack, so I can't help with that info. :mickey: But then again, I quess you could call the banana split a snack. :mickey:

DeniseMB
07-29-2009, 11:23 AM
When I realized I could do this it was near the end of my trip. I only had 2 days left. We had lunch at ASMo and came back by 11 pm & got a banana splt. I also had a counter service in MK and had dessert at a different counter servce in MK the same day.

I didn't try to use it as a snack, so I can't help with that info. :mickey: But then again, I quess you could call the banana split a snack. :mickey:

#1donaldfan
07-29-2009, 12:27 PM
...what a great thing....we always took the dessert and pretty much wasted them, we'd either take a bite or two, or tow the thing around till we just tossed it into the trash.....we'll have to keep this tip in mind for spring break.......:mickey:

disneykat
07-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Does anyone know if you can take your receipt to the Main Street Bakery? Seeing as you can get counter service lunch there, I would think so. That would be sweeeeet!!!:mickey:

Adambomb85
07-29-2009, 01:23 PM
This is some of the greatest insider information I have recieved! haha Like most people, I will usually only order the dessert because I feel like I have paid for it on my DDP and need to get my full value. Now, I can get that sweet treat at night I usually crave!

Thanks for this! :thumbsup:

So when ordering, I would just tell the cast member ringing me up that I would like to use my dessert credit another time and they just stamp my receipt with something?

PrincessJadesMom
07-29-2009, 02:46 PM
That' great to know. We always run out of snack credits before the end of our trip.

egospotter
07-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Oh, I am going to have to try this when we go next month. Some places have good desserts light Sunshine Seasons. But otherwise there are only so many perfect round chocolate cakes I can handle in a week+ :sick:.

It would be nice to eat where ever and then find a good spot of desserts, or get something at the very end of the day and bring it back to the room for breakfast the next morning.

mshomeschoolmom
07-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Can this be done only in the park we are at or if we had counter service at AK and wanted to wait on our dessert can we get it at our resort that evening?

Danette

beksy
07-29-2009, 08:00 PM
That is great! I'd love to find out some more info on this like the pp have asked. I can't have nuts, so the little carrot cakes are out and I'm pretty much down to the little chocolate cakes! :mickey:

DeniseMB
07-29-2009, 08:36 PM

i wish I could add more info. These are the only two times I tried this. Both times involved ice cream which is why I asked the CM if I could come back later. I meant after my meal so the ice cream wouldn't melt. I was told by CM as long as my receipt was stamped (I believe it was a small Mickey Mouse) I could come back anytime before closing on the same day. So that's what I did at All Star Movies. The following day was our last day. We were only in MK. I forget what CS we ate. I just asked CM to stamp my receipt. Later on, when hungry I did turn it in to another CS at MK without any questions asked. I will point out that this was a couple of years ago. :mickey:

LandFan
07-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Wow - I would like to know more about this... There are a few CS places that have :sick: desserts - I would LOVE to be able to skip those and get the good ones!

dyin tago
07-31-2009, 12:17 PM
we did that on our last couple of september trips but was at a waterpark and another counter service location. they only did it if you wanted an ice cream dessert and could return for it after you ate so the ice cream wouldn`t melt. we asked if we could save it for later on at a different location and we were told it had to be the location on the stamped receipt.

magicofdisney
07-31-2009, 02:08 PM
This is such great information to have. I'm in agreement that not all dessert options are palatable. I can't wait to try this out and then use my snack options more efficiently. :mickey:

dizknee531
08-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the advice- I will let you know in a few weeks , how I made out.

Belster
08-01-2009, 10:55 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to try it on my next trip!!!:mickey:

Thanks!

jonahbear2006
08-02-2009, 04:11 AM
That is SOOOO exciting! I am so glad to know this! We always end up using our snacks too fast as well. I really dont see how some people end up with left overs on the last day.

poohbearkris
08-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Has anybody tried this recently??

KatMcPic
09-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Wanted to bump this up and see if anybody had done this one their recent trip to WDW. I know several people were going to try this and wanted to see what their experience was.

mjaclyn
09-01-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm very interested in knowing how this works as well. We're going to WDW in October and I would DEFINITELY pass on some CS desserts if I could use the credit at a snack location instead. Don't some of the Food & Wine Festival carts accept snack credits for their food? I'd save all my CS dessert credits for Food & Wine snacks if we can actually do that.

I wanted to add that I just called Disney Dining to see if they knew anything about this and they had no idea what I was talking about. The CM on the phone said that the credit is taken off of your room key so there would be no way for them to 'add on' an extra snack credit.

Soccermom12
09-01-2009, 04:49 PM
We just got back....

We tried it at Sunshine Seasons. My son wanted an ice cream for dessert...they stamped our reciept and said we only had 90 minutes to redeem it at that CS. He really wanted his ice cream, and we were afraid if we went to another CS they wouldn't accept it... so he ate lunch, rode Soarin' and then got his ice cream. We didn't try it at any other restaurant.....

javamama
09-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Cool, this is great info to have and use!

BowTie7
09-01-2009, 06:34 PM
I think this usually only works at the same location where the dessert item might melt (or not stay warm) while the rest of the counter service meal gets eaten. I have done the stamp the receipt at the Pop Century food court and then go back after finishing the entree to get an ice cream sundae.

green ranger
09-01-2009, 08:00 PM
We tried this last week at the CS in America in Epcot and they said no. The CM said she never heard of such a thing and actually called the manager over who said, "Absolutely not."

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-01-2009, 08:06 PM
We've had this done at the waterparks during our May 2009 trip. In fact, we didn't ask, the CM offered for us to come back later for our ice cream.

It was great, we could enjoy our meals, and then get our ice cream ... we waited for an hour or so, and then went back for the ice cream, no issues at all.

I'm not sure if it works everywhere, or for every type of dessert, but it was a great perk for us.

mjaclyn
09-02-2009, 01:32 AM
It sounds to me like it's just for ice cream because it's very true that it doesn't make much sense to buy a dessert that will melt before you even finish your entree.

johnO
09-02-2009, 05:29 AM
I have read that you can get a bottle of water instead of dessert. It is rare that I eat any kind of dessert, but I do drink water and it is expensive in the parks. I was excited to find out I can get a bottle of water for dessert!