PDA

View Full Version : free dining question

AmberB
07-28-2009, 12:02 PM
If we stayed in a value with the free quick service dining, could we pay the difference to upgrade to the regular dining plan?

Tink1
07-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Yes, you can

Nanc

Itchy
07-28-2009, 12:39 PM
If I remember correctly when the offer came out it stated that all you would need to do is pay the difference between the two plans.

My daughter and her DH have a trip booked during the December period at PoP and they have upgraded to the regular dining plan.

Hope this helps.:mickey:

PixieMagic
07-28-2009, 02:17 PM
A bit confused...why the need to upgrade? We booked Pop for August and got the regular dining plan free.... :huh:

BMan62
07-28-2009, 02:21 PM
A bit confused...why the need to upgrade? We booked Pop for August and got the regular dining plan free.... :huh:

Because, with the new offer (9/27 - 12/17,) Value Resorts only get the QSDP (quick service.) Moderates and up get the Standard DDP.

Upgrades can be made for the difference in cost between plans.

iceicebritney
07-28-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm a bit confused... I keep seeing posts on here about the "free dining" and i'm wondering what kind of free dining I'm signed up for! I booked the trip in the fall for the August - Oct. 3rd period of free dining. Does anyone know if that is the regular free dining, or the counter service dining?

PixieMagic
07-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Okay - that's what I thought.... thanks for clearing that up! :thanks:

Strmchsr
07-28-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm a bit confused... I keep seeing posts on here about the "free dining" and i'm wondering what kind of free dining I'm signed up for! I booked the trip in the fall for the August - Oct. 3rd period of free dining. Does anyone know if that is the regular free dining, or the counter service dining?

The Aug-Oct offer was regular "free" dining for everyone. It's the new offer that's different.

lighteningqueen
07-28-2009, 02:42 PM
I did this yesterday when the new plan came out. I called changed my booking to a package which you have to to get the dining. She added for our 9 night stay I think 180.00 2 people x 10.00 each per day = 180.00 for the dining plan is all you have to pay for your food if you are within those time frames. We had already booked a room only for those dates 2 months ago. But I have never received a pin code for anything. This was great. Our room was 838.00 for POP 9 nights 10 days and if we had taken the room discount It would have had to be worth 720.00 to us what we would have paid if we paid for dining before the offer came out.To us the dining is the best value. No way the room discount would amount to about 110.00 for 9 night. Does that make sense...Double checked today nd the girl who did this yesterday did not mark it as such. Talk about panic.... And she had the wrong flight numbers as well plus sent it to an old email account that I told her NOT to. Best to double check with a live CM to make sure all is on your package

Tinkerbella16
08-04-2009, 03:50 PM
So glad someone asked this question because I did not know this.

We just booked for Pop Century today for 11/14- 11/21 and was only able to get the free quick service plan, and was hoping for the regular dining plan. We are now going to upgrade!

I always look forward to the dining experiences while in WDW, and still have not been able to try Le'Cellier so that is my target ADR when my 90-day hits...getting on that phone bright and early and gonna try try try for Le'Cellier!