PDA

View Full Version : American Airlines raises bag prices again!!!

Imagineer1981
07-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Starting Aug 15th American Airlines is raising bag check prices again by 5 dollars. 20 dollars for the first bag and 30 for the 2nd. OUCH. Plan your airline accordingly

ThanxForNoticin
07-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Some of these airlines are just ridiculous. They seem to be hitting passengers with more and more of these 'hidden' fees in an effort to make their base fares appear competitive.

It's just another reason to look at flights on Southwest first - if you have access to Southwest where you live. Good fares, good service, and not all these extra charges to bring luggage with you on vacation - which is something we all need to bring with us.

happy day
07-28-2009, 01:06 PM
just do carry on, and then there is no fee,

Imagineer1981
07-28-2009, 02:59 PM
just do carry on, and then there is no fee,

I'd love to see how you pack for Disney to do carry on...TEACH ME

jonsmom
07-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Or even a cruise - teach me! I have been pricing carry-on bags, and its cheaper to pay the $20!

DisneyOtaku
07-29-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm still really annoyed with AA when I flew with them in early June. Due to bad weather in the DFW airport, we were stranded on my way back home (of course, this is not AA's fault).

What WAS AA's fault was that 1)NO ONE knew ANYTHING about anything 2)They spoke *very* rudely to the customers (yes it was a stressful situation, but there was no need to snap at my friend's mom when she asked you a simple question) 3)THREE TIMES we kept getting pushed back because they felt it was more important to get planes out to major hubs rather than get us back home. And these were last minute changes too!

"Everyone going to XX, this flight is yours! Just waiting to refuel!"
"YAY! Finally!"
"Plane's refueled! Opening the door...OH WAIT, WE LIED, this flight is for YY now! Tough luck!"

Sorry for the rant, but :mad::mad::mad:

Next time I'll just fly Air Korea or Delta if I'm in the states.

LilRonGal
07-29-2009, 08:32 PM
What annoys me the most is that the people who can probably afford the extra baggage fees--the first and business class flyers--aren't forced to pay the fees. Only those who buy the coach tickets. I don't get that at all. Why not charge everyone?

Of course, this is why I rarely fly the airlines that have "classes." I think it's stupid for some people to have a "red carpet" to board the same freakin' airplane that I'm flying.

bicker
07-30-2009, 04:29 AM
Some of these airlines are just ridiculous. They seem to be hitting passengers with more and more of these 'hidden' fees in an effort to make their base fares appear competitive.What's ridiculous is that passengers are ratifying that strategy.

bicker
07-30-2009, 04:32 AM
What annoys me the most is that the people who can probably afford the extra baggage fees--the first and business class flyers--aren't forced to pay the fees.Actually, effectively they already are, as an included aspect of their first class or business class ticket. Unlike coach passengers, perhaps, first class and business class passengers aren't as maniacally driven by getting the lowest price, so there is no need to unbundle services so that they can present a marginally lower base fare, as airlines must do with the more price-fixated coach passengers.