PDA

View Full Version : Need Help From People Who Have Stayed In Pirate Room At CBR

DisneyPrincess21
07-28-2009, 12:20 AM
I have booked my vacation package with free dining for December with a standard room at CBR. But I am torn with getting a pirate room with standard view. It would cost about $200 more to get this room over the other one I already chose. So I want to get some suggestions from people who actually stayed in one of the pirate rooms. Do you think it is worth the extra money? Would I be better off just sticking with my regular standard room? After staying there did you prefer the standard room or the pirate room?

I really like the idea of staying in the pirate room but the problem that is keeping me from doing it is the $200. Your suggestions might help me decide.
:pirate:

Sunshine1010
07-28-2009, 03:35 AM
I was just in the same predicament today.

I had a pirate room booked, standard view. If you want a pirate room AND a water view...then add on ANOTHER $25.00 per day. So to have a water view pirate room...it's an extra $50.00 a day.

I really wanted to do this for my child (he's a boy). BUT...the ONLY two reasons why we switched to Port Orleans are because we've already stayed at CBR, AND because of the fact that it was another $25.00 per night. Which..would have been $200.00 extra.

Is it worth it? That depends on you. If you want a water view....then add on yet another $25.00 to that.

We just decided that we would pass this time on the pirate ship.

Do I regret it since I changed the reservation?....no. But will I miss getting the room - yes.

Hope this helps.

Disney5Mom
07-28-2009, 07:20 AM
We really enjoyed our stay in the Pirate room. We booked and got the 4 for 7 deal in March and only Pirate or water view rooms were available. We loved the theming. But we are big theming fans, Enjoy your trip,the CBR is lovely and you will enjoy your stay there in any room.

buzznwoodysmom
07-28-2009, 11:09 AM
We stayed in the standard view pirate room in June. If you have a child who is big into pirates then it is definitely worth it. We had 4 boys and they loved the rooms. When we first got there they didn't want to leave the room. I wouldn't bother with the water view. As you probably know the resort is set up "motel" style and there is a walk way between your room and your view. When in our room I couldn't tell what view we had anyway. It was a view of a courtyard, but being on the 2nd floor we really couldn't see what our view was.

DisneyPrincess21
07-28-2009, 02:08 PM
I am currently crunching the numbers to figure out where I can cut back on the other cost of the trip to give me the extra $196.84 to upgrade to the pirate room with standard view.

I really like the room, my mother (who is also going) said it is up to me, she thought it looks like a "boys room" I said "not all pirates are boys mom, haven't you heard of Miss Elizabeth?" So she said I could make the call. I just tried to call my 12year old niece but there wasn't an answer at her house, I was going to see which she wanted to stay in Nemo or Pirate's......

Why must everyone leave the choice up to me?!?! they know I have trouble making the call on things. LOL

DisneyPrincess21
07-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Just called and changed my reservation from the standard room to the Pirate room with standard view! I am very glad with my choice. After looking at more pictures I decided to compare the standard Nemo room next to the Pirate room picture and decided hands down to go with the Pirate's room.

I am SSSOOOO Excited!!!!

:pirate: YO HO YO HO A Pirate's Room For ME!!!! :pirate:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Great! Cause I was quite willing to make that call for you!:mickey: As far as the view--I don't think we even looked out the window the whole time we were there! You will love the pirate rooms! We stayed there eight days, and then went to the POR for our last two (we're trying to hit them all:blush:); that was hard! Nothing wrong with the POR, except it was too familiar, but it was hard to leave our ship! :pirate: Have fun, mates!

kevinsmom29
08-01-2009, 07:01 AM
i booked the pirate room for november. they look really neat, something different. my son is 14 now but i'm sure he will love it... DH and i arent going to tell him, just a little surprise.... we havent stayed on disney property in a couple years, so we are looking forward to it.... :mickey: