PDA

View Full Version : Using DDP To Book An ADR That Requires A Credit Card To Hold

DisneyPrincess21
07-27-2009, 10:14 PM
How does it work if you are going to be using your DDP but you are making an ADR for a restaurant the requires a credit card to hold it? Such as Cinderella's Royal Table.

Pirate Granny
07-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Not sure as I got the DDP after I booked the reservation...they had charged my card for CRT and then when I called back with the DDP, they checked the records, and then refunded the money back to my credit card. now, I don't know if they held the number in case I didn't show up...there is a charge, not the whole amount, but yep...don't show and they will charge your card.
I do seem to remember in the past, that I've had to give my credit card number even when I had free dining for those that require a credit card to book a reservation...actually, now that I think about it, DW just did that for Cali Grill...they did take my cc number.
:pirate:

DisneyPrincess21
07-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Not sure as I got the DDP after I booked the reservation...they had charged my card for CRT and then when I called back with the DDP, they checked the records, and then refunded the money back to my credit card. now, I don't know if they held the number in case I didn't show up...there is a charge, not the whole amount, but yep...don't show and they will charge your card.
I do seem to remember in the past, that I've had to give my credit card number even when I had free dining for those that require a credit card to book a reservation...actually, now that I think about it, DW just did that for Cali Grill...they did take my cc number.
:pirate:

So they will charge your DDP if you go to the ADR but if you don't show up for the ADR or cancel too late then and only then will they charge your credit card? Is that right?

TheRustyScupper
07-27-2009, 11:53 PM
So they will charge your DDP if you go to the ADR but if you don't show up for the ADR or cancel too late then and only then will they charge your credit card? Is that right?

1) Usually.
2) But, frequently they hit the credit card anyhow.
3) You can get a refund later - usually when you show up.