PDA

View Full Version : taking drinks into parks

sorcerer fan
07-27-2009, 08:19 PM
do they stop you from taking in drinks of your own into the parks? My wife is a pepsi freak and won't drink coke products. we were wondering if she could bring one in. thanks
:mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
07-27-2009, 08:26 PM
do they stop you from taking in drinks of your own into the parks? My wife is a pepsi freak and won't drink coke products. we were wondering if she could bring one in. thanks
:mickey:

Yes that is fine, We usually bring in bottles of water.They just won't let you bring in drinks that are in a glass bottle.

Gregandmel
07-28-2009, 07:15 AM
We bring our own bottles of Diet Dr. Pepper, gatorade, etc.... Like the previous poster said, just no glass bottles! Enjoy!! :mickey:

hokies4life
07-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Yep, we bring in water everytime now. As long as you don't try to bring in glass bottles or alcohol then you should be fine!

You can bring in snacks too!

:chipdale:

sorcerer fan
07-28-2009, 08:59 AM
thanks, you've made my dw a very happy person. she usually suffers through lemonade for the whole trip. now we'll take some with us to use during the day.

Imagineer1981
07-28-2009, 11:07 AM
It is funny that Disney only supports Coke, and Universal has Pepsi. Personally we are pepsi people, so we do tend bring our own to the parks

Wayne
07-28-2009, 12:23 PM
It is funny that Disney only supports Coke, and Universal has Pepsi.

Nothing funny at all. Coke pays big bucks to Disney for the exclusive rights to the parks. Pepsi pays big bucks to Universal.

Believe it or not though, Pepsi and Coke used to coexist in the Magic Kingdom. Pepsi/Frito Lay used to sponsor the Country Bear Jamboree and the Diamond Horseshoe Review in the 70's and at least the early 80's.

#1donaldfan
07-28-2009, 01:28 PM
.....I'm glad it's only Coke.....there's nothing like sitting on mainstreet, watching the fireworks while drinking an ice cold....well cold, ok, just a coke....ok, ok just kidding, don't want to start a thing over drink preferences.....

...we normally bring our own water with various drink packets....we've not been stopped as of yet......:mickey:

ransam
07-28-2009, 01:57 PM
they say no outisde drinks or food, but when they check our bag, we have never been stopped.

Mendelson
07-28-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm a bit of a bourbon freak, personally...never had any trouble at entrance. I think they usually think it's some kind of juice.

It's a more refined palate than mine that can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi.

Lakin
07-28-2009, 02:59 PM
My mom brought an un-opened water into the park and she got stopped at the turnstile. :confused:

Goofy4TheWorld
07-28-2009, 03:36 PM
they say no outside drinks or food, but when they check our bag, we have never been stopped.

From everything I have read here on Intercot, Disney does not say "no outside food or drink." They explicitly allow both food and drink, just not in glass bottles or alcoholic. Lots of people pack sack lunches every day of their trip and store it in a locker or inside a backpack.

PixieMagic
07-28-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm a bit of a bourbon freak, personally...never had any trouble at entrance. I think they usually think it's some kind of juice.

It's a more refined palate than mine that can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi.

Too funny - I was thinking the same thing! LOL! Did the same on Amtrak...put Limon in Sprite bottles b/c the cost is far to high for drinks on the train and we had a 23 hour train ride...on my 21st birthday....ha ha ha :blush:

PixieMagic
07-28-2009, 03:43 PM
BTW - my uncle is in upper management at Coke...and gets a lil irritated when he comes to our house or my parents house as all we drink is Dt Pepsi! LOL! :secret:

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-28-2009, 08:46 PM
My mom brought an un-opened water into the park and she got stopped at the turnstile. :confused:

I am very surprised to hear that.:scratch:
When we go during hot weather I always have anywhere from 3 - 6 bottles of water in my backpack and have NEVER had any issues.

Whoever hassled your mom was definitely having a bad day. :shrug:

CleveRocks
07-29-2009, 08:27 AM
they say no outisde drinks or food, but when they check our bag, we have never been stopped.

From everything I have read here on Intercot, Disney does not say "no outside food or drink." They explicitly allow both food and drink, just not in glass bottles or alcoholic. Lots of people pack sack lunches every day of their trip and store it in a locker or inside a backpack.Ransam is incorrect. Goofy4The World is correct.

On Disney's official website, it states that outside food and drink in the 4 theme parks is fine, with the following exceptions: no alcohol; no glass (except for baby food jars and perfume bottles); no hard-sided or rolling coolers; and specifically in Animal Kingdom, no balloons, straws, and fast-food-type plastic soft drink lids.

elmjimmlm
07-29-2009, 09:41 AM
We always take water to the parks with us...I can't imagine having to buy all the water that we go through in a day...Snack credits can only go so far...

momof3+twins
07-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Pick up one of those backpack coolers. That is what we did last year. We even had snacks and no one said a thing.

MarkC
07-29-2009, 01:18 PM
By the way, if you forget to bring your water bottle one day, you can ask for a free cup of ice water at any restaurant and they will give you one. Of course you'd have to refill it a lot but it beats not having anything.

JRocker
07-29-2009, 04:57 PM
We always mix up a batch of kool aid or tea, on the strong side, with a ton of ice in a two quart cooler. On warmer days we take two (5 of us). This works out great because those coolers double as seats in the long lines. ;)

The only problem we ever had was a bag checker held us up begging for a drink. :secret:

DryCreek
07-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Like the poster above, I kinda have taken to the extra kick of some "sanitizer" (bourbon) in my bottle of Coke. All you have to do is premix a couple and you are ready for an evening at EPCOT.

My brother showed me that trick several years ago, and it has worked everywhere I have been allowed to bring in my own (plastic) drink bottles. You can also premix orange juice with your choice of flavorizers too. Vodka is the least obvious.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-30-2009, 07:04 PM
I always bring Pepsi and water into the parks. I don't like the Dasani water so I bring Poland Springs or Aquafina or Nestle. I've had the security guards joke that they'll meet up with me later to share my Pepsi with me. I've never been hassled about bringing it in.

LibertyTreeGal
07-30-2009, 09:07 PM

Wow, that is surprising, although if it had happened during the two years after 9/11 it wouldn't shock me at all. We were all a bit paranoid.

iluvdumbo
08-05-2009, 05:51 PM
We always bring waterbottles into the parks, and they don't care. Usually if it's really hot, we go through like 3 water bottles each, that's why we just fill them up at the water fountains. My mom doesn't like just water so we bring Crystal Light packets and put them into the water bottles. It's also much cheaper at lunch to not buy pop and just use the packets. (I know you probably think saying 'pop' is weird.....people born and raised in WNY are used to saying it :) ) It's also much cheaper just to pick up those heavy plastic water bottles and just filling them up whenever you need a refreshing drink!

We've never been stopped with having waterbottles/snacks for all of the times that we have been going, but I wouldn't be surprised that they started thinking that people are bringing alcoholic drinks in bottles and banning them all together, but I hope they don't :mickey:

Vintage Disney
08-07-2009, 10:04 AM
DH and I always bring bottles of water into the parks with us. No one has ever said anything about it.