PDA

View Full Version : Items not allowed on the Keys to the Kingdom tour

mouseketeer mom
07-27-2009, 07:48 PM
I heard no backpacks or video cameras...Can you bring a regular camera, and can you bring cell phones?

faline
07-27-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm pretty sure I had my phone with me on our tour. However, if you have a camera phone, they certainly would not allow you to use it during the tour.

Large bags and cameras are not permitted.

nicster
07-27-2009, 07:53 PM
They said the same thing for the the Backstage Magic tour, so I am interested in the answer too. I have a 'pack' that is purse sized. Would this be allowed??

TheRustyScupper
07-28-2009, 12:00 AM
They said the same thing for the the Backstage Magic tour, so I am interested in the answer too. I have a 'pack' that is purse sized. Would this be allowed??

1) Probably not.
2) They do not want back stage pictures leaking out.
3) it could spoil the magic for others.

ransam
07-28-2009, 02:17 AM
i thought about doing one of those tours...but i was kind of afraid that the magic would be ruined for me....so i'm kind of glad there is no pics allowed.

sgdisney
07-28-2009, 10:00 AM

I carried my small purse sized backpack when I took this tour. The thing they don't want is any type of pictures-video or still.

It's a great tour, enjoy it!

dream6
07-28-2009, 07:41 PM
This was such a fun tour!! You will have a blast! When I did this in the spring they did let someone in our group carry a backpack - but they let them know that they had better not see any cameras because they will become Disney's. And they were very strict on that. Which is definitely a good thing. But to be on the safe side, I would just leave the bag at home.

Seasonscraps
07-28-2009, 08:57 PM
I took the tour a couple of years ago. We didn't bring a camera since the website said they are not permitted. When we got there, the tour guide said pictures back stage were strictly forbidden but was ok in the public areas of the park. I was pretty bummed since we missed an opportunity to take main street pictures with nearly no one on the street and with the tour guide and other people on our tour. :(

mouseketeer mom
07-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Oh..I didn't think of the purse thing. In the parks I carry my really groovy WDW purse/backpack thing. Really stylish, I know, but I'm hands free, so it works. I really hope I can have this on the tour..PLUS, my phone, because I need to have a way for my kids to reach me if need be.

nicster
07-30-2009, 06:01 PM
I carried my small purse sized backpack when I took this tour. The thing they don't want is any type of pictures-video or still.

It's a great tour, enjoy it!

Thanks, that helps. I can certainly control myself when it comes to whipping out a camera. I just don't want to have to go back to our room so that I have everything that I like to carry in my small pack (like ponchos, camera, phone, sunscreen, wipes, $$, blah, blah, blah). :blush:

Bluesky481
07-30-2009, 07:01 PM
I just called to book this tour a few days ago, and the CM I spoke with said that there are lockers available to put things in before the tour. DH and I plan on bringing everything we normally bring with us into the park. We'll just put whatever we aren't allowed/don't want to carry in the locker so we don't have to travel back to our room to get our backpack after the tour. Oh yes, and I absolutely can't wait for this tour!!:mickey:

ChipDale2708
07-31-2009, 10:39 AM
We took the Keys to the Kingdom Tour two years ago and were allowed to bring everything with us. I had a purse size back pack w/ my camera and camcorder in it at all times. Our guide let us take all the pictures we wanted while we were 'on stage'. As soon as we went backstage, they all had to be put away. No one in our group had any problems. Great tour!!