PDA

View Full Version : POFQ - Question about refillable mugs & slide

MirandaC
07-27-2009, 05:09 PM
We are staying at the POFQ 12/16-12/23. Is the slide open during this time of year? And after checking on refillable mugs, POFQ is not listed as having mugs in their food court, but POR is listed...does that mean we have to walk over to the sister resort to get mugs?

DisneyPrincess21
07-27-2009, 05:27 PM
We are staying at the POFQ 12/16-12/23. Is the slide open during this time of year? And after checking on refillable mugs, POFQ is not listed as having mugs in their food court, but POR is listed...does that mean we have to walk over to the sister resort to get mugs?

To answer your first question, Yes the pool will be open at that time (unless of course they are doing a refurb on it).
And two, They do have refillable mugs available in the main food court area of POFQ and the drink station is right there also.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Yes, the slide will be open, but our DD (now 11) get bored of Scales and we usually take a trip over to POR, its slide is a bit longer and "twistier".

Yep, POFQ has mugs, and from our visits, the drink station is much cleaner than POR, be sure to check out both sides, there some different choices on each side :)

carley
07-27-2009, 05:59 PM
also do you know if the mugs are the new ones yet?? my son will be so dissapointed if he ends up with a third mug of the same design lol

Sunshine1010
07-27-2009, 06:19 PM
How far of a walk is it from one to the other?

DisneyPrincess21
07-27-2009, 06:26 PM
also do you know if the mugs are the new ones yet?? my son will be so dissapointed if he ends up with a third mug of the same design lol

Yes they are new, They have a very classic disney look to them IMO with a red background and feature Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and I believe Chip and Dale. And the lids and handles come in either red, yellow, or black.

There was a previous thread a few months ago with pictures, try searching for "new mugs"

garymacd
07-27-2009, 08:08 PM
How far of a walk is it from one to the other?

It's about a five to ten minute walk depending on your fitness/mobility. I used to do the walk and follow the walking/jogging path a three or four times while waiting for various young ladies to get cleaned, dressed and made up for a day at the parks.

On sober, second thoughts, I guess I could have gone to the Floatworks and eaten beignets.

MirandaC
07-28-2009, 09:51 AM
oh good, i am so glad that the slide will be open and we will definitely check out POR pool area as well.

does anyone know for sure that chip & dale are characters on the mugs??? my dd (9) is a HUGE fan!:dale::chip: i would love to get that mug for her!!

DisneyPrincess21
07-28-2009, 12:18 PM
I looked at the pictures I found posted on here, and I can't see if chip and dale are or are not on the mugs, I am sure someone will know for sure. If you want to see the pictures go to the search and put in "New Mugs!" the thread was started by "LarryBoy" on 02-11-09

KatrinaJ91
07-28-2009, 10:50 PM
We just returned from Disney and got 3 of the new mugs.There is no Chip & Dale. Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Minnie and Donald. They are a little smaller than previous mugs, but they are very nice!

MirandaC
07-29-2009, 10:18 AM
We just returned from Disney and got 3 of the new mugs.There is no Chip & Dale. Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Minnie and Donald. They are a little smaller than previous mugs, but they are very nice!

Bummer!! :(
Thanks for the info though!! :)