PDA

View Full Version : When people ask, "Why again??"

Dsnygirl
07-26-2009, 02:17 PM
My DH and I have been going over "plans" for our upcoming trip this fall -- more ideas than real plans, but in doing it, it got me thinking about all the times we've been asked why we go back so much.

I usually just tell people it's because we love how we feel when we are there, how relaxed and removed from the "real world" we feel, how much we enjoy the time with our girls (or the time on our own, when it happens... :)).

But, as we've explored some of the new things we'd like to try this trip, it really dawned on me just how much there is to do at Disney, and how for us and I'm sure tons of other people just like us, all those things also play into why we return!!

Where else can you, in one place... stay at a variety of accomodations from the Caribbean to the Adirondacks to Africa (and in one stay, if you chose to resort hop??)... eat casually, a bit upscale, or totally do it up and have the fanciest meal ever -- with just about any kind-of food you'd like to try -- every day... go wine tasting, shopping, to live dinner shows... parasail, fish, scuba dive, swim with sharks... visit a water park, jet ski, swim, snorkel, lay at the beach, relax at the pool... horseback ride, join in a BBQ or a luau or a campfire, all in the same week...drive a race car, a segway, go on a safari... laugh and hug your favorite characters or be made to look like one... see parades, street shows or participate in streetmosphere... play mini-golf, professional golf, dig for dinosaur bones or go back in time to visit w/ the dino's themselves... visit the spa, have a massage, dress up, dress down... rent a surrey, a yacht boat, a SeaRaycer... relax on a canoe, zoom on a speedboat, sail... take a dinner cruise, a fireworks cruise or cruise w/ pirates...

The list could go on and on, but honestly - in one vacation, where could you find all these choices in one happy place?? Maybe I'll just print this out and hand it to people next time they ask.... which will be the next time we go, again & again... :D

I LoveJack
07-26-2009, 02:42 PM
I just tell people that I am a Disneyholic.:mickey:

TheMartellFamily
07-26-2009, 02:59 PM
We feel that it is a vacation that we all LOVE. It satisfies all our needs, and makes us all happy. We also enjoy showing others our love, that then inturns becomes a new love to them. We know and love this so we go back over, and over, and over, and over..........

mainemajor
07-26-2009, 03:06 PM
It's simple for us - WE LOVE IT!
Afterall WDW is the Happiest Place on Earth

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-26-2009, 09:33 PM
I tell people it's because it's ever changing, there is always something new to see or do. It's someplace I feel safe visiting and it's where I can be a kid again.

buzznwoodysmom
07-27-2009, 11:22 AM
We are lucky. So many of our family and friends go to WDW just about once a year so a lot of people around here "get it". But, in the past when someone has asked me "Why are you going back again?" I simply tell them "The same reason you go back to the beach/Vegas/cruise every year. Its because we love it. "

Mousemates
07-27-2009, 10:11 PM
I tell them its a place where I not only have lots of great memories with my family, but a place where new "great memories" are added with each visit.

Itchy
07-31-2009, 02:08 PM
Its like trying new food, If you haven't tried it dont knock it.:mickey:

13 days and I will have died and gone to heaven again.:cloud9:

Please don't pinch me and wake me up.....:blush:

MickeyMousse
07-31-2009, 02:19 PM
I just tell people that they simply don't get it...which is fine.....less people who get it equals fewer people in the parks equals more fun for us!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

EmmMOM2
07-31-2009, 02:22 PM
MY family says the same thing when we plan a trip.

I try not to let there comments bother me....My Dh and I and the kids love it, so we don't let anyone rain on our parade!! :mickey:

kemps@wdw
08-01-2009, 10:41 PM
:ditto: "Muggles" (non-magical folk) simply do not understand the draw. There is no other place that you can go, that has so much goin on that if you're 1 or 100, there is something for you! And WDW is constantly reinventing and updating, so as many times as we've been, we still find something new each time we return! And, I'm proud to say, our DD is carrying on the "wdwluvr" torch.:tikki:

pdrlkr
08-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Why not? :mickey:

Simba's Mom
08-02-2009, 01:28 PM
People just don't understand. I grew up surrounded by people who'd "go to the Cape" (Cape Cod) every summer. Not once did anyone say "Again?" I think too many people think of WDW as 4 theme parks, and that's it. It's great just to BE at WDW.

pokci
08-02-2009, 02:10 PM
My boss, who likes WDW and has been there 6 times, recently asked me what I would be doing differently on my upcoming 19th trip that I had not done on the first 18.

Well, I am going alone this time, by choice, to focus only on ME! :blush: I am going to check out the resorts I've never seen, I'm going to do two behind the scenes tours, I'm going to try foods I've never tried and I'm going to RELAX. :vacation: None of these things happened on the first 18 because with someone else in tow, you compromise. I don't mind compromising but this time I'm looking forward to going alone. Once he saw the excitement on my face, my boss started thinking about going back for a 7th trip! :tiphat:

Disney Yankee
08-02-2009, 09:44 PM
My family has been to Disney nine times since 2002, and I was there a few times when I was young, and I'd go again tomorrow if someone asked me to go:mickey:! And people always say, "you guys are going AGAIN!" but I just think they must be jealous that we spend so much time in the Happiest Place on Earth!!!

Jeff G
08-02-2009, 10:15 PM
We used to get that a lot but over the years most of those close to us have ended up going on a trip with us. Almost all are addicted and most go back regularly. It's now fun for me to tease back to those people because they were the same ones giving me the third degree for going annually.

As for our reason we go back, it's basically two reasons. The first is when we arrive in Orlando the real world is forgotten and we enter a world where even the adults are kids. The second is that we always seem to have a great family bonding experience beyond what we get anywhere else. Nothing compares to our WDW experience.

The thing that I find is that we could go to WDW and forgo the rides the entire week and we still would have the time of our lives.

vws_and_disney
08-07-2009, 04:26 PM
all the stuff you get to do is just a bonus for all the memories that are made. i totally agree with the op though. there is so much to do that when you leave you are frazzled that you didnt even scratch the surface. i think thats why it's nice to go back frequently.

It'sWDW4me
08-07-2009, 04:34 PM
I just tell people that I am a Disneyholic.:mickey:

:ditto: But if a "cure" is ever found for this "disease" I don't want to know anything about it!! :mickey: