PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional Package avilability????

Jeff
07-26-2009, 01:19 PM
When will the package become available for bookings? Or has it and I missed it??????

Strmchsr
07-26-2009, 02:36 PM
No, I think I heard it was going to be late August or September before those were available, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

Jeff
07-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks!

ransam
07-26-2009, 03:26 PM
last year it was released in June, but i think was the only year it had been that early. I would think that whatever the first night it was being performed, it be 90 days before that so you could book your dining around it.

grumpypima
07-26-2009, 06:31 PM
I thought I would add/tag on to this thread rather than start a new one...hope it works:blush:

Do you know if the Candlelight Processional Package needs to be paid in full upon booking?

ransam
07-26-2009, 09:52 PM
the candlelight package is included w/ your dining plan, and there is no additional charge.

LittleRoosMommy
07-27-2009, 12:00 AM
What restaurants are included in the packages? We are tentatively planning a trip down Christmas week and would love to do this. Is it worth it to do this package? We've done the Fantasmic package and didn't have the best seats. They had oversold the package for that day. Just curious what the general consensus was for the Candlelight Processional.

Thanks!!

pokci
07-27-2009, 02:48 PM
I think it's worth booking a meal and the processional. You are guaranteed seating. A little warning though, you will still need to arrive in the line for the processional atleast 30minutes prior to the start of the next/your show. But this beats standing in line through one or two shows and waiting almost 3 hours for a seat. Last time, we did one night with an early dinner/late lunch at Le Cellier and caught the first show of the evening. And later that week we did Biergarten and caught the last show.

As for the shows, I have found that if you go the second night and the second performance of the night, the speaker is more comfortable having gotten through three performances the night before. First night jitters, sometimes work themselves out by the second performance of the first night but I'd still try to go to the second of the 3 nights the guest performs. John O'Hurley was surprisingly good!! Dennis Franz was surpringly disappointing. :magic:

dolphinmickey9170
07-27-2009, 08:44 PM
I just spoke with "Britney" from Disney Dining and she told me the packages could be booked at the 90 day mark with the rest of my dining options.

DreamFinder2
07-27-2009, 08:58 PM
What restaurants are included in the packages? We are tentatively planning a trip down Christmas week and would love to do this. Is it worth it to do this package?

Here's some great information about restaurants and "tiered pricing" from our own Info Central...

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/cp.asp

LittleRoosMommy
07-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks for posting this! I am definitely leaning towards doing the package, especially w/ 2 DDs 3 & 5. Who wants to stand in line for that amt of time w/ 2 little ones. LOL Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!

Strmchsr
07-28-2009, 07:49 AM
Thanks for posting this! I am definitely leaning towards doing the package, especially w/ 2 DDs 3 & 5. Who wants to stand in line for that amt of time w/ 2 little ones. LOL Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!

Attending CP with children that age depends on the kids. I know some kids will sit quietly through anything (unlike mine). However, just so you know, the CP is Scripture reading with traditional choir music. It often does not hold the interest of little ones. If your little ones are of the more active variety another option is to stand in front of the American pavilion. You can hear everything but your kids can run around without disturbing those around you. Or, if you have the option, you can do what my DW and I did when our boys were younger which is we went on different nights.

ransam
07-28-2009, 02:02 PM
we did it last year, and were lucky...we ate..went to the processional, and walked right in. had our picks of seats...

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-28-2009, 02:22 PM
the candlelight package is included w/ your dining plan, and there is no additional charge.

We used the dining plan last year, but they did make us guarantee with a credit card. If you show up, no problem, if you are a no show then and only then do they charge your card.

jillluvsdisney
07-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Last year, we went and were not n the dining plan. We paid for our meal after we ate.

LittleRoosMommy
07-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Attending CP with children that age depends on the kids. I know some kids will sit quietly through anything (unlike mine). However, just so you know, the CP is Scripture reading with traditional choir music. It often does not hold the interest of little ones. If your little ones are of the more active variety another option is to stand in front of the American pavilion. You can hear everything but your kids can run around without disturbing those around you. Or, if you have the option, you can do what my DW and I did when our boys were younger which is we went on different nights.

Thanks for the info... at least we have some options...LOL The girls are usually okay, but sometimes...;) Thank goodness I have a couple of weeks before I can book anything!