PDA

View Full Version : My Online ADR Ressie Experience

DisneyFr33k
07-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Ok, so today was my big day (90 days out) to try the online ADR. Our family just drove to the coast for our annual beach trip and arrived yesterday afternoon. DH set up our laptop on the beach homes wireless setup and I called Disney last night to be sure I was all registered and good to go. (By the way, I had to call twice - the first rep told me she was unfamiliar with the online ADR process, the second walked me through how to register - very knowledgable)

Up at 5:45am :alarm: and by 5:59 (my computer's time) the system was up an running. Within 9 minutes I not only got the 5 we wanted (Ohana, Teppan Edo, 50's Prime Time, Wolfgang Puck Cafe and Liberty Tree), but the days and times we wanted them! I was thrilled! :cloud9: However, right when I clicked the confirm butten to finalize my selections and get confirmation numbers, the beach homes wireless froze up. :mad:

After 10 frantic minutes of my DH working on the system, we got it back up. I logged back in and saw my cart was empty. I assumed the ressies didn't take, so I logged back in and got all 5 yet again for the days/times we wanted with only a 5-10 minute difference in three. :joy: After I secured those and copied down the confirmation numbers, I began to wonder if the orginal ones "took".

At 7am, I called Disney direct and was on hold only 7 minutes. The rep looked over my reservations and indeed, the original ressies weren't lost! I had 2 ressies for each of the 5 tables services (10 in total). I guess when I clicked the confirm button, it just "took" seconds before the wireless went out. I had her delete the original ones as I had already written down the confirmation #'s of the second round.

I asked her what would happen if I had assumed the original ressies were lost and not called back to check. She said someone would most likely have called me to ask about it (but I could tell she was not sure). But I had to stop and wonder why the system would allow me to book Ohana, for example, for 5:25 and 5:30 on the same day? Makes you wonder if Disney will catch these double bookings and if they do how long it would take them to. This might contribute to why some of the most popular restaurants get booked up so fast! And, why slots could be opening up later after the 90 days.

Either way, the online process (excluding computer trouble) was very easy!

Now to get back to the beach! :vacation:

Dsnygirl
07-26-2009, 01:44 PM
I used the online ADR site earlier this week, as well, and found it very easy to use, too! I was online at 6am, just like you were, and was surprised that I got all of our ADR's, even Cali Grill, Narcoossee's, 'Ohana and Chef Mickey's w/o a problem, and for the times I requested, too.

The only thing I'm wondering is if business is slow right now for the time period we're reserving for... kind-of surprises me if it is, so close to Halloween, but with all the discounts Disney is putting out there right now for the same time period, it has me wondering if we're not lucky but instead travelling during a time period that just isn't as booked up as August/September is.

Regardless, yeah for you getting all your ADR's - :woohoo: - that's awesome!! :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-26-2009, 01:44 PM
So glad to hear you got what you wanted (twice!)

I'm surprised you could book so close together too.