PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Kosher and the Garden View Tea

Talie08
07-26-2009, 10:57 AM
I mentioned that some of our party keep kosher while I was making arrangements for afternoon tea at the GF. The representative said she didn't know what was on the menu, but she made a note of it. Does anyone know how that will affect the meal? What will they serve?

SBETigg
07-26-2009, 11:15 AM
I have no idea, but I do know that Disney is very respectful of dietary special needs. I would look over the regular menu with your friends to see what wouldn't be acceptable just to get an idea of where they might make substitutions, and mention it again when checking in at the venue. My guess is that they will take wonderful care of you.

murphy1
07-26-2009, 03:27 PM
I just went last Monday, there was a table a couple down from us that was allergic to strawberries and nuts. The server sent the chef out and they all worked it out. As far as Kosher, there were some items that were Kosher and some weren't. I am sure you will find something that will suit you, if not, they can accommodate your request, it was a fantastic experience!

You or your friends might even call directly to GF tea room and ask them your options, as well. If Angela is there as a server, defintely ask for her as your server.

Ed
07-26-2009, 03:29 PM
I just took a look at the WDW website, and there is a note that reads:

Kosher meals are not offered at Garden View Afternoon Tea, Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining.

There's a fairly extensive list of locations that can provide Kosher meals at this page (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/special-dietary-requests/) of their website.

SBETigg
07-26-2009, 05:36 PM
I just took a look at the WDW website, and there is a note that reads:

There's a fairly extensive list of locations that can provide Kosher meals at this page (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/special-dietary-requests/) of their website.

Aha, Ed, good catch. That's good to know. Certainly there are possible substitutions and switches, or maybe looking over the menu will help figure out what can and can't be eaten? Best wishes with it.