PDA

View Full Version : tipping

motherof4
07-25-2009, 10:03 PM
I was informed that if you had a party of 6 people that the tip was included does that mean that they recomend what you should tip the server? what if the service was so bad that they do not deserve what they suggested. for example last trip we had a waiter in boma that didn't even bring us drinks or silverware we had our food we had no utensils and had to stare at our food and we couldn't even have a drink after walking around in the hot florida sun we tipped him anyway but probalbly shouldn't have please advise

DizneyRox
07-25-2009, 10:22 PM
On a party of 6 (actual 6 heads sitting at a table, regardless of if they order anything) a tip of 18% is automagically added to your bill.

Service does not enter into the equation, just the number of people and the amount of the bill. If you feel the tip is too much, you are more than welcome to ask to speak with management of the location. They may or may not reduce the amount.

As always, you are more than welcome to tip more. They still add a line for TIP at the bottom of the check before the TOTAL lne.

gerald72
07-25-2009, 10:42 PM
I could be wrong, but don't you get your own silverware at Boma?

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Although the tip is included for parties of 6 or more if the service was truly rotten (like what you described...no silverware or drinks) I wouldn't hesitate to complain to the manager.

Even before that though, if the meal was going horribly I would complain then, nothing worse than paying for rotten service.