PDA

View Full Version : Best Places To Use The Basic DDP

DisneyPrincess21
07-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Looking for suggestions on the best places to use the basic DDP, I will be using it for the first time this December so I am new to it.
I want to find the best places to go. And since i am getting the DDP for free and I want to try some of the more expensive places that I would normally never be able to go to because I can't afford them.

And since I have never been able to afford anything "fancier" than sci-fi I need some help! LOL :D

TheVBs
07-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Teppan Edo! :mickey:

Going2HeavenRU
07-25-2009, 06:53 PM
We went to Le Cellier and Cinderella's Castle ( both ended up being about $40 per person). The Garden Grill was one of the least expensive places (about $60 for the 2 of us) but it was fantastic and one of the places we are returning to again this year. I also recommend the Hoop de do Review if you don't mind using 2 credits.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Rose & Crown is a must-do for our family (although, take extra cash for the :beer:)

The best "value" on the DDP is places where you order off an menu, the buffets and family service tend to be cheaper than a menu. Still, some of our favourite places are buffets...Biergarten, Garden Grill, 1900 Park Fare.

If you are travelling with kids, the princess breakfast in Norway is a better value than CRT.

Anything that is two credits isn't a good "value", but if it is the only way you're going to try Hoop Dee Doo or California Grill, then go for it!

DisneyPrincess21
07-25-2009, 07:12 PM
If you are travelling with kids, the princess breakfast in Norway is a better value than CRT.

Anything that is two credits isn't a good "value", but if it is the only way you're going to try Hoop Dee Doo or California Grill, then go for it!

I personally have always wanted to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table so I don't mind using the 2 table services, because I would never be able to afford it any other way. (I am telling my niece I am going there for her, but I am actually going there for me :princess:)

Going2HeavenRU
07-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Sorry to get off topic, but Cinderella's Castle at lunch is a lot of fun for kids. The girls received a wand and the boys received a sword. The princesses came around to each table and were really wonderful.

Briansmom
07-25-2009, 08:07 PM
We like Ohana's for dinner and Whispering Canyon too. Boma was good but only if you are willing to experiment with some new flavors. And Le Cellier....we have eaten there at lunch and dinner and definitely prefer dinner.

Have fun making a decision!

LibertyTreeGal
07-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Bomas, definitely. If appetizers were an option instead of dessert I would say Le Cellier, but i wasn't really impressed with their desserts (their appetizers, however, yummy!)

TheRustyScupper
07-26-2009, 07:57 AM
For best economic value for as TS-coupon DDP . . .

1) Never use it for breakfast.
2) Never use it for character meals.
3) Never use it for dinner shows.
4) Seldom use it for lunches.

5) TS-Coupons should be used for meals
. . . that are at least $28 for a single coupon
. . . that are at least $62 for a double coupon

Kairi_7378
07-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Can you tell us a little bit about your food preferences and where you've eaten before since you haven't done the DDP? There are so many choices at WDW and everyone has their favorites.

SBETigg
07-26-2009, 11:45 AM
For me, the best use of the DDP is to eat where I enjoy and not to worry about milking out the most value out of the plan. There are others who prefer to get the most for their money, too, so it depends on how you're attacking it.

Vacationing the way we normally do, we usually break even or even save money with the DDP. If you're looking for value, TS dinners are your best bet over breakfasts and lunches. We like to grab a snack for breakfast or buy something oop, use the cs for lunch, and then use our TS credits at dinner. Buffets aren't always the best bet value-wise, but if you have picky kids, they can be lifesavers. We're not big buffet fans, but we do love 'Ohana and Boma. Teppan Edo is fun. Grand Floridian Cafe is a favorite. We enjoy several World Showcase restaurants. I never miss California Grill and also love Narcoossee's (both two credits, and maybe not the best value depending). It all really depends on your personal eating style.

g8rgirl29
07-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Akershus in Norway for Lunch or Dinner is Great. Biregarten is a ton of fun. Cinderella's Royal table for lunch. Teppan Edo. 1900 Park Fare dinner.

DisneyPrincess21
07-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Can you tell us a little bit about your food preferences and where you've eaten before since you haven't done the DDP? There are so many choices at WDW and everyone has their favorites.

Sure,
we are not very "fancy eaters" we would take a hamburger over sushi, we like to stick with more familiar food rather then venture out to new flavors.
Also me and my mom love a good steak, but if given the choice between a filet mengion with lobster or a rib eye we would go for the rib eye.
So as you see we arent expensive eaters but i would deffiently like to try some of the nicer/more expensive places since i am getting the free DDP.

So far i am thinking about trying- chef mickeys for breakfast, liberty tree tavern for dinner, CRT for lunch, Le Cellier for lunch, O'hana (cant wait to try it i had adr's last year but had to cx them)