PDA

View Full Version : How Is Le Cellier?

DisneyPrincess21
07-25-2009, 06:16 PM
I am going to be on the Basic DDP (1ts, 1qs, 1 snack) for the first time on my upcoming trip in December, I have always heard people talk about Le Cellier.

So I wanted to know how it is, What do you suggest getting there? How does it work with the DDP at Le Cellier? What can you chose from?
I am looking at going probably for lunch because it looks to have more "kid friendly" options. (I have two picky nieces going with me 8 & 12 yrs old)

Any tips would be very helpful! :thumbsup:

Going2HeavenRU
07-25-2009, 07:01 PM
We went to Le Cellier last year for lunch with the DDP. We were able to choose from anything on the menu including desert. All we had to pay was the tip.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I wasn't impressed. The pretzel bread was the best thing we ate there.

I like Texas Road House better. Maybe we just went on a bad day.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-25-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm not a huge Le Cellier fan, it is good, but not great, but you will have a good meal :)

Le Cellier is easy to get to. It is located in the Canada pavillion in Epcot, so once you enter the park, walk through Future World to World Showcase. Head right, and Canada is the first one. Le Cellier is located downstairs, so follow the pathway to the bottom of the pavillion.

With the DDP you can order an entree and a dessert. There isn't a restricted menu or anything, you can choose what you want. The best part of Le Cellier is the Cheddar Cheese soup, so you might want to add it and pay out of pocket. The maple creme brulee is the best I've ever had, so be sure to save room for desert.

SBETigg
07-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Le Cellier is good, fairly consistent. The food is a lot like some steakhouse chains. Casual, comfortable atmosphere. With the basic DDP, you can order off the regular menus. There are usually no limitations (only in a few rare cases) in places where they accept DDP, which is most WDW restaurants.

DisneyPrincess21
07-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Le Cellier is good, fairly consistent. The food is a lot like some steakhouse chains. Casual, comfortable atmosphere. With the basic DDP, you can order off the regular menus. There are usually no limitations (only in a few rare cases) in places where they accept DDP, which is most WDW restaurants.

I am a little bit confused with what you can get for the lunch TS credit there, Can you get the sandwiches with fries, Or do you have to get an "entree"?

betteratmk
07-25-2009, 08:14 PM
You can order anything on the menu, with the exception of an appetizer which is paid for oop, same with alcoholic beverages! :number1:

Briansmom
07-25-2009, 09:00 PM
I am a little bit confused with what you can get for the lunch TS credit there, Can you get the sandwiches with fries, Or do you have to get an "entree"?

When we were there in May, we went at lunch and they had where you could order off the menu using the regular 'rules' for the DDP (entree, dessert, beverage) OR they have an option that has limited entree selections (some of the more expensive are not included in the selections) but you get appetizer, entree and dessert. (This was during lunch so not sure if they do it at supper as well.) I did the second option this trip because I wanted the cheddar cheese soup...yummy! It depends on what you want.

Your nieces might enjoy the "Moose" dessert!

Also, you might want to check with Disney Dining because you can usually get what a restaurant has at lunch for dinner, especially for children. I mean, it's not like they don't have it on hand just because it is dinner time instead of lunch time!

TheRustyScupper
07-26-2009, 07:53 AM

1) Yes, you can get sandwich & fries.
2) A TERRIBLE WASTE OF A DDP COUPON.
3) But, you can get it.

NOTE: Remember, to get best value from a DDP TS-Coupon, the meal needs to be worth at least $28. Some feel it is "OK" since it is free DDP, but there is no such thing a as free DDP !!!!!!!

Mfarquar
07-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Now I'm scared! I thought I was really lucky to get a Le Cellier reservation this fall.

I don't do well at Texas Roadhouse or other chains like Outback. :sick:

I don't expect it to be a Ruths Chris, but is this going to be a huge disappointment?

Maybe I should consider using 2 TS credits for the Yachtsman one evening?

SBETigg
07-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Now I'm scared! I thought I was really lucky to get a Le Cellier reservation this fall.

I don't expect it to be a Ruths Chris, but is this going to be a huge disappointment?

Well, it has a Canadian twist, not a Texas or Aussie twist. The setting is wine cellar, and you're in Disney, so it's satisfying. You won't find a deep fried onion appetizer on the menu. The food is consistently good, just not high end steakhouse great. I would still keep the reservation and plan to try it, if I were you.

elmjimmlm
07-26-2009, 12:32 PM
It is worth trying...We went last Dec. and loved it...I don't think that you can go wrong eating there...The bread alone is worth going...:mickey:

Scott C
07-27-2009, 12:52 PM
I was just there three weeks ago for lunch. It is the third time there. We always get the cheese soup as an appetizer. I had the sliced prime rib sandwich -- it was quite good. I would recommend getting the horseradish to the side instead of on the sandwich. Wife and kids had chicken sandwiches -- they were fine. All in all-- it is a very nice meal in a nice setting -- nothing to be scared of or run away from. What I feel most are saying here is that is does not live up to the hype. Just because an adr is hard to get does not make it a fantastic place. LeCellier is a good place that is hard to get an adr for because it can only accommodate a small number of guests. You will enjoy the restaurant--but I have had better meals--just approach the meal with realistic expectations.

Thanks
Scott C

jenperich
07-27-2009, 02:05 PM
My husband and I went to Le Cellier two years ago and we LOVED it! We loved the dark "wine cellar" atmosphere. We thought the service was very friendly. The food was delicious. I do have to say we are not picky eaters, however we loved everything about it.

TinksDH
07-27-2009, 02:55 PM
We had gone some years ago for dinner and really enjoyed it, plus the food was very good. We then went back again for lunch this past December, and were unimpressed with both the service and the food. It's not BAD, but it doesn't live up to its reputation IMHO. However, if this is your first time, you may as well try it if only to say you did it.

jonahbear2006
07-27-2009, 03:43 PM
We ate at Le Cellier Last September and all 5 of us who could talk, are still raving about it. We thought it was the best meal we had ever had on property AND the best Filet Mignon we had ever had. The desserts were also amazing and very much a sight to see. We had the soups and the breadsticks before hand and they were equally amazing and almost ruined our appetite. I don't have anything bad to say about this restaurant so If you like steak I can't see missing this place. And, There are a lot of other restaurants there that are more to be feared than this.

SurferStitch
07-27-2009, 09:11 PM

We've found Le Cellier to be much better than Texas Roadhouse or Outback (no comparison). Our filet mignons are always cooked perfectly and have literally no visible fat. I definitely can't say the same for most chain places. One of the WORST filets I've ever had was at Outback.

Cheese soup, Trois Pistoles beer, filet and chocolate "moose" make me a very happy girl at Le Cellier!

Keep the ADR, and enjoy!

PixieMagic
07-28-2009, 01:31 AM
I can't speak for the dinner menu - but we had lunch their several years ago and the prime rib sandwich was horrible...too fatty - hard to take a bite without pulling all the meat out with it.... no one raved but we've had better...

That being said it could have been an off day and we are trying it again this year for the dinner menu.....

DisneyPrincess21
07-28-2009, 01:53 AM
I read a post somewhere and they said that is it very cramped and over crowded in the dining room.
Now that is a deal breaker for someone like me who has a tendency to get claustrophobic in small places.

Is this true?

Mfarquar
07-28-2009, 09:50 AM
We've found Le Cellier to be much better than Texas Roadhouse or Outback (no comparison). Our filet mignons are always cooked perfectly and have literally no visible fat. I definitely can't say the same for most chain places. One of the WORST filets I've ever had was at Outback.

Cheese soup, Trois Pistoles beer, filet and chocolate "moose" make me a very happy girl at Le Cellier!

Keep the ADR, and enjoy!

Thanks so much, Surfer Stitch! You and all the other comments above have made me feel a lot better!

I think we'll give it a try - we always try to do new things every trip.

Thanks everyone! :mickey:

SBETigg
07-28-2009, 12:32 PM
I read a post somewhere and they said that is it very cramped and over crowded in the dining room.
Now that is a deal breaker for someone like me who has a tendency to get claustrophobic in small places.

Is this true?

I would say that tables can be close together and they do fill every table. I wouldn't go as far as saying that it is very cramped and overcrowded. There's room to walk to your table without bumping into others. We weren't so close to the table next to us that we felt we were intruded upon. It's not so small as to make one claustrophobic, at any rate. That's a stretch, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Septbride2002
07-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Well, it has a Canadian twist, not a Texas or Aussie twist. The setting is wine cellar, and you're in Disney, so it's satisfying. You won't find a deep fried onion appetizer on the menu. The food is consistently good, just not high end steakhouse great. I would still keep the reservation and plan to try it, if I were you.

This had me laughing.:haha:

Le Celliers is good - I've never had a bad meal there. There has been a lot of hype about this resturant in the last 5 years or so, therefore I think people go in there with really high expectations. Keep in mind you are in "fine" dining for WDW, not true "fine" dining and you should be fine.

~Amanda

Mom2princesses
07-28-2009, 05:15 PM
We had lunch there in June. It was good but I do agree it is over hyped. We enjoyed our meal. I had the filet. I have had better and I have had worse. It was a bit small. I have since found out that lunch filets are smaller than the ones they serve at dinner. We found the portions were pretty small at lunch. I would definitely go back but I think that I would stick with dinner.

I tried the cheese soup and it was just not for me. The pretzel bread was really good though! My kids ate that faster than anything else! Well maybe with the exception of dessert!

AdventurerKim
07-29-2009, 06:06 PM
The cheese soup is an excellent appetizer, although it can be very filling. I love the cream cheese mashed potatoes and the scallops are great. My DH always gets the filet and always enjoys it. The maple creme brule is amazing! We love Le Cellier.