PDA

View Full Version : How many TS per day???

KAT1811
07-24-2009, 07:55 PM
I was wondering how many TS meals everyone typically has while vacationing in the World.

Soccermom12
07-24-2009, 08:48 PM
We usually just have one TS a day....any more than that and we'd miss out on the parks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-24-2009, 09:15 PM
We generally do 1 TS a day, with 2 every so often (usually our "special day" like DD's birthday or our anniversary).

brownie
07-24-2009, 10:22 PM
I like to have one sit down meal each day. It's nice to slow down for at least one meal a day.

SBETigg
07-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Typically one per day. We have tried two, but it doesn't work for us. We spend too much time sitting in one (or two) places, and we get so full. I can do snacks and a TS or a CS and a TS(spaced far enough apart), but two TS in one day is too much for me.

brian2000boston
07-24-2009, 10:43 PM
We do 1TS per day in order to spread out the free dining and have one relaxing meal per day.

Seasonscraps
07-24-2009, 10:46 PM
1 or 2. We'll have an early lunch at someplace fast like Beaches & Cream or ESPN and then dinner at some place a little more paced. Or maybe a breakfast buffet then dinner. Sometimes we'll grab something quick for breakfast and just sit down for dinner.

Dsnygirl
07-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Usually just one, although we have "bookended" a day with them before. And as you saw on my ADR list, we're trying 3 one day... but as each one is about 6 hours apart, and two are when the parks aren't open, we figure we shouldn't lose much park time -- we might just have a bit of a full tummy that day. But -- it fit our schedule best to do it that way, so we'll see how it works out! :D

PixieMagic
07-25-2009, 02:27 AM
I may be wrong but when I read the OP's post - it seemed like they meant TOTAL over your trip...I voted "more than three" b/c we eat 1 TS per day....but one EVERY day of our trip!:thumbsup:

KAT1811
07-25-2009, 06:58 AM
I may be wrong but when I read the OP's post - it seemed like they meant TOTAL over your trip...I voted "more than three" b/c we eat 1 TS per day....but one EVERY day of our trip!:thumbsup:

Sorry, should have clarified. I meant per day. If it were entire vacation we'd be in the 15/16 mark! LOL! We are thinking of doing an early princess breakfast in Norway (for DD's birthday) and then dinner in Italy and I was wondering how many people do more than one a day.

SuzieN
07-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Usually we do the regular DDP so just 1 but this time we are doing deluxe dining so we have 2 and a couple times 3 planned for each day!!

Pigtunia
07-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Usually two a day.:mickey:

PixieMagic
07-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Ha ha - okay then change my vote! LOL! We have done that before for sure! I would just make sure your dinner in Italy isn't TOO early in the day and you eat a light lunch...maybe share a small something from a couple different countries??

Funforall
07-25-2009, 01:01 PM
We usually don't make plans for our trips so counter service is the only choice.

Daddy Mouse
07-25-2009, 01:26 PM
We fall in the 1TS per day. We'll usually do a CS and some snacks the rest of the day. As someone stated earlier two TS takes too much time away from the parks and it would too much food for DW.

Pally
07-25-2009, 06:53 PM

I misread this also. :blush: We usually do one per day. Sometimes, though we will do a breakfast and late dinner on the same day.:mickey:

betteratmk
07-25-2009, 08:28 PM
:D we love the fact that the 3 of us are able to eat together at Disney without interruptions! We get something quick for breakfast Ds and I and take something back to the room for DH who is a poke in the morning! QS for lunch and TS for dinner!! We may not be big eaters but the fact that we don't have to go to football, hockey, soccer , cross country ect, ect. ect. is worth its weight in gold!

Kairi_7378
07-25-2009, 09:47 PM
We have done 2 per trip and that works pretty well for us.

in your situation I think if you do a light lunch and a not too early dinner (I know some of your kids are small) you'll be fine.

DisneyFr33k
07-26-2009, 07:20 AM
All we can handle is 1! With the counter services we choose being big (and we are the "clean up crew" for the kids), and the table (again, usually a big meal) we are hurting by the end of the day!

betteratmk
07-26-2009, 08:34 AM
All we can handle is 1! With the counter services we choose being big (and we are the "clean up crew" for the kids), and the table (again, usually a big meal) we are hurting by the end of the day!

:sick: Isn't that the truth?! By the end of vacation I don't even know what to order :DSalad looks pretty good by then.

DisneyorBust
07-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Normally, we have only one TS per day. Whether it's breakfast or dinner. On occasion we will book a TS for lunch, it's a nice way to beat the heat and relax.

Mfarquar
07-26-2009, 10:36 AM
1 per day for us! It gives us time to relax and stay away from fast food options.

But, more than 1 makes us feel like we're missing precious park time!

If we have free dining or are on the dining plan, almost all of our TS are dinners.

If we are paying out of pocket, we mix in breakfasts and lunches as well (to save a little $$).

KAT1811
07-26-2009, 10:52 AM
I would just make sure your dinner in Italy isn't TOO early in the day and you eat a light lunch...maybe share a small something from a couple different countries??

We typically eat one big meal (usually a TS), one small meal (usually a CS) and then just snack in the middle. For this particular day I was hoping to get an early ADR @ Norway (maybe 8:30ish), then picking in the afternoon (F&W is a great idea) and then a 5:30pm dinner for us. Any later would be too late for the little ones.

mainemajor
08-01-2009, 05:30 PM
When we are there and NOT on the dining plan we usually eat mostly CS meals. No planning needed, but we usually eat a few TS, too. We love the dining plan and usually buy it if's not being offered free.