PDA

View Full Version : late check out

happy day
07-24-2009, 06:52 PM
How hard is it to get 2 more hours for checkout? who do you ask for this, and is there any charge?

lighteningqueen
07-24-2009, 07:17 PM
I wonder this as well. Our flight is at 4pm and not sure how this works as we have never flown there before. How early does DME get there to go to the airport??

MissTink
07-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Not sure about the late check out but ME picks you up 3 hours before your flight

lighteningqueen
07-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Guess we will go to DTD and eat some lunch at Pucks ade then come back and wait in the lobby for check out hummmmm Is check out 11 I forget??

Strmchsr
07-24-2009, 08:45 PM
Check out is 11 and they do charge if you check out late. They can store your luggage at the luggage desk, though, while you go have fun until it's time to head to the airport.

Pirate Granny
07-24-2009, 08:50 PM
We have asked numerous times and only been turned down once. I ask when we check in and they tell you to call housekeeping the afternoon BEFORE your check-out day (at least that was the process when I asked)...Housekeeping in turn have a list and will allow a certain number of later checkouts according the the list and the rooms required for the next day. We've always asked for two hours (1pm)...once we had to negotiate as they only wanted noon...but did relent...and once they couldn't make the allowance...you can always check you bag into the luggage room (free of charge, or perhaps you have one of the airlines that accepts bags at the hotel); and then keep a carry-on for the day...once we went to the water park and when we returned, got our luggage, changed clothes and was ready for ME at the 4pm pick-up.
:pirate:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Even if you can't get late check-out, you can store your luggage and still enjoy the resort, swim or go to the parks before you leave.

Donald's Girl
07-24-2009, 09:44 PM
We've had late checkout (1 pm) numerous times and have never been charged extra for it. The only time we didn't get it was at the Beach Club Villas where they explained late checkout is never allowed at DVC sites.
Just ask at front desk day before checkout and they will let you know if it's possible.

shellyc
07-24-2009, 09:47 PM
I wonder this as well. Our flight is at 4pm and not sure how this works as we have never flown there before. How early does DME get there to go to the airport??
Your return DME will be 3 hours prior to your flight. In your case it will be around 1PM, and you have to be at the bus stop 15 minutes prior to pick-up.

TammiMcMan
07-24-2009, 10:40 PM
I know it's been posted here before, but if memory serves me correctly, the latest "no charge" check-out you can request is 1pm. After that, you'll be charged a percentage of the room rate for each additional hour you occupy the room.

As others have mentioned, you would need to ask the day before you check-out and housekeeping is the department to check with.

sainter
07-25-2009, 01:46 AM
I know it's been posted here before, but if memory serves me correctly, the latest "no charge" check-out you can request is 1pm. After that, you'll be charged a percentage of the room rate for each additional hour you occupy the room.

As others have mentioned, you would need to ask the day before you check-out and housekeeping is the department to check with.

This is what we were told last time. We always have a late flight out and usually are able to get the extra 2 hours but not always.

CleveRocks
07-26-2009, 08:18 AM
The Housekeeping department is who decides whether or not you can have a late check-out. The front desk is not involved in the decision.

The earliest they can really entertain the question is the night before check-out. But for all practical purposes, it is very doubtful they can give you an answer that early ... it will typically be the day of check-out.

IF IF IF you are granted late check-out, here is the fee schedule:

until 1 p.m. -- no charge

until 3 p.m. -- 50% of nightly rack rate

after 3 p.m. - 100% of rack rate

Except in extremely rare circumstances, DVC resorts do not grant late checkouts.