PDA

View Full Version : Universal City Walk

MushuGrl
07-24-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm a big Jimmy Buffet fan and have always wanted to go to a Margaritaville restaurant. I noticed Universal City Walk has one, so I was thinking on the day we left Disney we might drop by there.

Is City Walk much like DTD? Is it free to get in?

Tinksalot
07-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Its sort of like Downtown Disney only geared more toward adults. Its free but you have to pay to park.
At Margaritaville try the conch fritters! Yum....:thumbsup:

faline
07-24-2009, 11:48 AM
And the walk from the parking garages is quite a long one!

LibertyTreeGal
07-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Margaritaville was the BEST meal we had during our Universal stay in 2007 (WAY better than Emeril's, which bummed me out) and the ambiance and staff were terrific.

They had real food for kids, which is a pleasant alternative to the endless sea of nuggets and burgers. We all loved it.

ThanxForNoticin
07-24-2009, 12:36 PM
It'll cost you around $12-$15 to park your car and walk from the parking garage. It's pretty easy getting in and out. And once you are parked, you can enjoy as much time at City Walk as you'd like. We don't get there often, but do enjoy it when we go. Margaritaville is very good and a fun night. Enjoy!

NJGIRL
07-29-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm a big fan of City Walk. It has much more "energy" than DTD. Now if you are looking for a quiter place that would be DTD.

City walk has a bunch of chain restaurrants like The Hard Rock, NasCar Cafe, an NBA place (can't remember the name), a pasta place (which was also good) and more. It also has shops and yes it is a loooooooooooooooooong walk from the parking garage. Pay for the VIP parking. You won't be sorry.:cool: