PDA

View Full Version : I need help!! Which Moderate do I choose?

MirandaC
07-24-2009, 10:58 AM
I was just lucky enough to receive Disney Visa discount!! Thanks Kathy at MJ!! You rock!!

However, now I have the opportunity to upgrade and still save some money. I need to decide very quickly and don't know which moderate would be the nicest to stay at. we are going Dec. 16-23, my DD is 9 and we have only stayed at value resorts at Disney. we won't be using pools, since it will be winter, but we are interested in the christmas decorations. please give me your honest opinions as fast as possible!! TIA:mickey:

renecat
07-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Port Orleans French Quarter or Coronado Spring are both very nice moderates.
Your children might enjoy the French Quarters more they have some colorful decor. You can take a boat to downtown disney from French Quarters. You may be surprised about using the pools. Went last year in december and my Grand children had a great time in the pools
I have stayed at both and would recommend both of them as the top two. I Hope this helps you.:magic: As for the Christmas decorations. Try to get to the Grand Floridian.
If you have time do as many deluxe resorts for the decorations they are great

MirandaC
07-24-2009, 11:48 AM
thank you so much for your response!! i just did a mad dash search on the moderates and i think the french quarter is right up my alley!! now i just have to hope that rooms are available for my time frame. :fingers:

Disney Doll
07-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Good luck! Coronado is our favorite moderate, but they are all nice. I think a lot depends on what theme appeals to you most.

dml
07-24-2009, 12:59 PM
I think you will enjoy the FQ. It is a beautiful resort and is exactly like my hometown of New Orleans! Enjoy!
:mickey::mickey:

vicster
07-24-2009, 02:05 PM
I think you will enjoy the FQ. It is a beautiful resort and is exactly like my hometown of New Orleans! Enjoy!
:mickey::mickey:

Mmmmmmmmmmmm - beignets!

MirandaC
07-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks to Kathy at MJ, I got the French Quarter!! I am so super excited!! :woohoo:

now i need to know all the ins and outs of the place. any tips about this resort would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for all of the good cheer!:thumbsup:

PixieMagic
07-24-2009, 02:32 PM
POFQ for sure!!!!

buzz2001
07-24-2009, 04:32 PM
CSR is my family favorite! I don’t know if it will work for you but pick which resort theme you like best and which resort amenities meet your family's needs.

Here is just some quick info on CSR.

CSR has newly renovated rooms and queen beds (only mod to offer them).

A terrific main pool area that includes a 123 ft slide (2nd largest at WDW), kiddie pool, arcade, playground, sand volleyball court, hot tub (largest on WDW property), a bar, and snack bar (very good food for CS).

Reliable transportation that is not shared with other resorts, 4 resort stops and quick rides to all the parks. CSR has the closest bus stops to the park entrances too (first stop at DHS and MK)!

Other amenities you may be looking for in a resort.

A spa, salon, tanning beds, a lap pool and fitness center (free to its guests).

Central air, flat panel TV’s and WiFi available.

Rix Lounge – a dance club voted most trendy bar in Orlando.

BluewaterBrad
07-24-2009, 04:35 PM
i dont think you can go wrong at any of the mods. We are staying at CSR for our Food and Wine Fest trip!!:mickey:

gueli
07-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks to Kathy at MJ, I got the French Quarter!! I am so super excited!! :woohoo:

now i need to know all the ins and outs of the place. any tips about this resort would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for all of the good cheer!:thumbsup:

We will be staying there the a few weeks before you.
Our 1st time at FQ.
But we have stayed Riverside a few times...

:congrats:
Have a great trip !!
:mickey:

KatMark
07-24-2009, 08:40 PM

Congratulations! We've never stayed. CSR is our home away from home and we just can't leave it; but, if CSR was not available, POFQ would be the only other moderate of the remaining three that we would stay at. It really is a beautiful resort.

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-24-2009, 10:19 PM
We faced the same decision today: stay at Pop or upgrade to a moderate. I was torn between CSR and FW as well! We went with FQ this year, and I've got my eye on CSR for next trip!

How's that for crazy..... 3 months until this year's trip and I'm already planning the next one!!

Mousemates
07-24-2009, 10:45 PM
congrats on the POFQ...if not for the queen beds at the CSR...pofq would be the easy winner among the mods for us...it has a great feel and we loved ridng the launches to DD...hope you a grea trip.

Pirate Granny
07-24-2009, 11:00 PM
We're at the FQ from December 20-25...can't wait...it's our most favorite hotel...and on year it was 85 the week between xmas and ne and once it was 40-50...you just can never tell with the weather.
:pirate:

MirandaC
07-27-2009, 10:53 AM
congrats on the POFQ...if not for the queen beds at the CSR...pofq would be the easy winner among the mods for us...it has a great feel and we loved ridng the launches to DD...hope you a grea trip.

the queen beds made my decision so tough, but the main appeal to me and my family was the smaller resort size of the POFQ. last time we were there '06, we stayed at POP and were very greatful for the short walk to our room after a long day of walking!! :walk:
I just can't find really good pics that give me a better idea of what the resort looks like. i am worried that it will be super small and not have that "WOW" factor. i just don't want my DD to be disappointed. any good pics out there??

magicmyway
07-27-2009, 01:55 PM
We just booked POFQ for the first time. We will be there 12/9 - 12/16.
Here is a good site for pics and info:
www.portorleans.org

MirandaC
07-27-2009, 02:32 PM
We just booked POFQ for the first time. We will be there 12/9 - 12/16.
Here is a good site for pics and info:
www.portorleans.org

This is exactly what I was looking for!! Thank you for the link!!:thumbsup:

MadMadamMim
07-27-2009, 02:48 PM
We've stayed at FQ one and RS twice and just love it. The atmosphere at FQ is quiet yet really enjoyable. There are the delicious authentic New Orleans pastries in the food court which you need to have!

Lakin
07-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Glad to hear you got FQ! I haven't been yet, but I'll be there a few weeks before you. (End of November)

I agree about going to a site mentioned by pp. It's a great site!

swampfox28
07-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Congrats!

We picked POFQ for our stay in November (the week before Thanksgiving).

We've stayed there once before and really liked it.

I wanted to "treat" my family to the Wilderness Lodge, but I couldn't see spending all that extra $$$ on it - it's just such a huge price difference and we LOVED POFQ when we stayed there a few years ago.

Make sure to take the water taxi to Downtown Disney - the ride itself is fun (the captain tells jokes and gives info) and there's a lot to look at.

-Sarah