PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with no Values left??

mindyjoh
07-24-2009, 10:28 AM
We are looking to add one more night to the end of our stay and need to do it at a Value resort. We are spending our stay at Sports but are willing to switch to another Value for the last night.

When I went online last night I found a room at the POP and then this morning I found one at Music. But our MJ travel agent called Disney and said that they are completely booked. I know people on here are being offered upgrades I'm guessing to make more room in the values.

Why would they be still giving rooms on the website if they are completely booked? :confused:

TammiMcMan
07-24-2009, 11:08 AM
The website may have been showing availability, but my guess is that when you went to complete the reservation, it would have updated and told you that it wasn't available.

In regards to "freeing" up value rooms, I don't think that's necessarily what's happening. I think it was actually overbooked, possibly due to a large group coming in. It's not likely that you'll see rooms become available, simply that they are trying to fit in all those who have existing reservations.

That being said, cancellations do happen and I'm sure if you are using MJ, they will continue to look for any for you.

Strmchsr
07-24-2009, 11:24 AM
"Completely booked" is such a misunderstood term with WDW. It probably means for your discount package they have no rooms left. If you wanted to pay rack rate you could get a room with no problem.

BluewaterBrad
07-24-2009, 04:27 PM
"Completely booked" is such a misunderstood term with WDW. It probably means for your discount package they have no rooms left. If you wanted to pay rack rate you could get a room with no problem.

Exactly!:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
07-24-2009, 05:58 PM
1) Actually, the Values ARE overbooked right now.
2) In fact, there are lots of folks being offered OKW or SSR instead of Values.
3) OKW/SSR are not booked, so it is a good method to "upgrade" people.
4) It opens Values to non-free-DDP ressies coming in now.
5) Moving folks to DVC and taking other paying guests, beats turning them away.
6) Especially if they go "down the street" to a non-WDW hotel.