PDA

View Full Version : Week of Thanksgiving

sbrentk
07-24-2009, 08:45 AM
I've seen several warnings regarding the crowds at and after Thanksgiving. But what about the days just before Thanksgiving? I'm thinking about a quick trip the Saturday through Tuesday of Thanksgiving week.

wifey5794
07-24-2009, 09:29 AM
We were there last year Sat before Thanksgiving to Sunday after. It was crowded but not as bad as everyone had said it would be! I really didn;t notice a diff between before and after.

Strmchsr
07-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Early part of the week the crowds pick up but it really starts getting extremely heavy on Wednesday.

KronkHere
07-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Sat-Tues not too bad, Wed. starts picking up and Thurs-Sat really crowded. Get the popular rides/attractions done early in your trip and try to focus on the not so well know stuff during the final couple of days.

buzznwoodysmom
07-24-2009, 10:18 AM
We were in WDW from the Thrusday before Tday to the Sunday after and the only day the crowds were really bad was on the Friday after Tday. We did not attempt any park on Thanksgiving day, but I am sure they were mobbed on that day as well. I did notice that each day leading up to Tday got a bit busier, but it was very, very managable. Nothing at all like everyone claims. I've been to WDW 10 times now and that Thanksgiving trip was one of our funnest trips. As a matter of fact we are doing it again this year and can't wait!!!

DisneyFanaticDargon
07-24-2009, 11:30 AM
If you have any way to maybe delay the trip a week until after the Thanksgiving rush DO IT. The crowds drop tremendously in early December and don't pick up again until around Christmas. It's nice because you get to see all the decorations without all the crowds.

lwhite2588
07-24-2009, 12:35 PM
:mickey: I have never been there at Thanksgiving but this year we will be going Sunday after Thanksgiving through the next Sunday. I hope it want be to busy, I can't wait to see the Christmas decorations out.