PDA

View Full Version : Top Chef 6 - Las Vegas (Premiers Aug 19 on Bravo)

NotaGeek
07-24-2009, 01:50 AM
YES! I love this show and can't wait to see the new season!

You can check out the official site on Bravo (http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef)!

elmjimmlm
07-24-2009, 09:26 AM
I wish they would do an all star from previous years...I love the ones that they have done in the past but they are just one show...:(

TheDuckRocks
07-24-2009, 09:29 AM
From the picture it looks like we've got the mean judge back again this year. Nasty Chef and Project Runway........oh boy, oh boy!

afowl1017
07-24-2009, 09:32 AM
AWESOME! I can't wait...I absolutely love this show! Does anyone have the Top Chef Game? I might buy this for my husband for Christmas this year....He loves the show too!

Melanie
07-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Yeah, Gale AND the mean guy are back?

JanetMegan
07-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Sweet, I love this show!

laprana
07-24-2009, 10:15 AM
I can't wait for this to start! I've been waiting and waiting since last season ended! :D I absolutely love Top Chef. I've been getting by on watching Top Chef Masters, but it's just not as good as the real thing!

It'sWDW4me
07-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Logged it into my calendar. :D I just love this show!! Thanks for giving us the heads-up.

mainemajor
07-26-2009, 03:17 PM
I can't wait for this to start! I've been waiting and waiting since last season ended! :D I absolutely love Top Chef. I've been getting by on watching Top Chef Masters, but it's just not as good as the real thing!

Agreed, but it has been fun seeing the Masters flail and sometimes fail in the kitchen. I have to believe that they will be a bit kinder to the chefs when they are a guest judge now.

Who will we love? Who will we hate? What drama awaits us in Sin City?

We have already set our machine for taping because we will be at WDW that week

DisneyOtaku
08-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Top Chef is the only show I watch that still runs on TV nowadays (minus The Tudors, but that's on a channel I don't get, or if I can catch No Reservations). I CANNOT WAIT. I just love Tom :)

EDIT: Also, I hope Anthony Bordaine comes back to guest-judge once during this season. He makes me laugh so much, haha.

ChipnDaleGal
08-10-2009, 06:02 AM
Having new seasons of this show and Project runway both starting up makes me very happy! I love Tom!!

mainemajor
08-17-2009, 09:50 AM
What a week for Top Chef. Masters final and the first week of Las Vegas. I'll be at WDW, but both are being taped and I will get to see them after vacation. :mickey:

JanetMegan
08-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Just found out that my cooking class I am helping teach next week is with Hector Santiago, a current contestant!!

TheDuckRocks
08-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Just found out that my cooking class I am helping teach next week is with Hector Santiago, a current contestant!!

Cool! As I'm still trying to get the names and faces together, was he the one that had the cigar habit?

Chrisx2
08-21-2009, 05:59 PM
After listening to thier vices I wondered if this was Top Chef or Intervention! So happy this season has begun!

PirateLover
08-21-2009, 06:59 PM
After listening to thier vices I wondered if this was Top Chef or Intervention! So happy this season has begun!

:D I know, so many picked Alcohol! I thought it was fun. The one who got kicked off was on a local radio show the other day, apparently she's a chef at a restaurant on South Street in Philly. She said that there were 2 people no one got along with. One was Mike (I think that was his name... the one that criticized everyone) but she didn't name the other. We were all rooting for the blond from philly who won the quickfire (I had a viewing party :) )

JanetMegan
08-25-2009, 11:11 AM
The class s with the one who deep fried the steak, I think I will refrain from mentioning that to him tonight ;)

Melanie
08-25-2009, 01:07 PM
I liked the premiere! Didn't like Mike. I think the brother thing will be interesting.

Stich8818
08-26-2009, 10:49 AM
I am so happy this is back on. As others posted Top Chef: Masters was a decent subsittute until this came back. For me you can almost clearly see who's got it and who doesnt.

JanetMegan
08-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Just wanted to say my class last night was awesome (pics posted on my facebook page) super great guy, but wow that accent is a toughie!

Stich8818
09-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Two things I have noticed this year..

1. Are the judges this year not a little more aggresive in their judgeing style

2. And the contestants this year...They either have it or they dont.

I think it is a great season so far..I know its early but it looks like its going to be a ride.

Melanie
09-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Whew...that guest judge was brutal. I actually thought it was refreshing how honest he was. :thumbsup:

laprana
09-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Whew...that guest judge was brutal. I actually thought it was refreshing how honest he was. :thumbsup:

I agree! He was pretty tough, but I think that's better than when the guest judges are too soft. He was actually one of the chefs on Top Chef Masters, so I thought he would have a little sympathy on the chefs, especially with the quickfire challenge. Who eats cactus? :confused:

I'm really enjoying this season! So far, it looks like the brothers will be the ones to beat. They are on a roll with all their wins! I was wondering when they were going to bring Toby back, looks like it will be next week!

TheDuckRocks
09-18-2009, 10:38 AM
We were in Frederick, MD on Saturday and drove by Brian's restaurant Volt. After going online and seeing his menu I think I'm going to take my hubby there for his birthday next month. As I'm typing this I think I'd better make the reservations soon.........like before he wins this darn thing and you can't get near the place.:D

PirateLover
09-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Kay that is so cool! Does anyone else have favorites?? I think I'm going to root for Jen. She's from Philly and I like her attitude. She doesn't make excuses, doesn't get involved in any drama, she just cooks-And cooks well! She's always at the top.

Melanie
09-21-2009, 09:15 PM
I like Jen and Brian. I can't get on board with Michael V. though. He's a little too intent on the brother thing, and for some reason that bothers me. Brian seems more laid back about it.

Melanie
10-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Anyone still watching?

Happy to see Mike I leave last night, even though it's pretty ridiculous Robin is still there. I'm still not on the Michael V. bandwagon at all. His 'entitled' attitude really bothers me, and the bickering between he and his brother seems so childish to me.

I would love to see Jen and Kevin as final 2, with Kevin taking it all! :chef:

Melanie
10-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Interesting excerpt from Tom C's blog regarding Mike V.'s reaction to Kevin winning:

I know that Mike V. was furious that Kevin won this challenge — as we all saw in the episode, he felt that Kevin’s techniques were more rudimentary than his and didn’t merit the win. He said something to the effect that he could have made Kevin’s dish in culinary school, that he cooks that way when whipping things up at home on his weekends off. In general, please do not be snowed by the techniques employed by the Voltaggio brothers. Yes, they’re employing advanced techniques versus Kevin’s more basic methods, but at the end of the day unless you can pull off those elevated elements and actually make the food taste great, I don’t care how many blowtorches it took to create the dish — Kevin’s food not only is consistently well executed but also tastes really incredibly good. Young chefs are often keen to use technological wizardry and forget how to just roast something and make it really delicious, and perhaps Michael would do well to use the “weekend technique” he’s disparaging in order to make his food soulful and flavorful. In general, when Kevin has won challenges, the Voltaggio brothers’ methods might have been more advanced and out there but were weaker on seasoning. So I usually agree with the results when Kevin wins.

laprana
10-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Anyone still watching?

Happy to see Mike I leave last night, even though it's pretty ridiculous Robin is still there. I'm still not on the Michael V. bandwagon at all. His 'entitled' attitude really bothers me, and the bickering between he and his brother seems so childish to me.

I would love to see Jen and Kevin as final 2, with Kevin taking it all! :chef:

I'm still watching! :) I'm really enjoying this season...lots of interesting personalities and dishes! I, too, was glad to see Mike I. go on the last episode. I'm not a Robin fan either, and I think she's gotten a lot of lucky breaks to still be there. I don't think she'll last much longer, though. It seems like the only time she's not on the bottom is when they have team challenges and she happens to be on the winning team.

I also don't like Michael V. much. He's so brash and cocky, and I hate how he picks fights with Brian so much. It seems so immature! I do like Brian, though. He seems much more laid back and focused on creating good food, not one-upping his brother all the time, like Michael does.

I'm definitely rooting for Jennifer and Kevin. I like them both and would be happy to see either of them win! I hope Jennifer gets herself out of the funk she has been in the past few weeks and starts winning again! :thumbsup:

Tick-Tock
10-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Yeah, Jennifer really needs to get back in the game. I was pretty sure that she wouldn't go out before Robin, though.

PirateLover
10-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Kevin has got to be the runaway favorite. I love him! The Voltaggio brothers have both shown some attitude that I'm not a fan of, as well as jealousy/ insecurity issues. Robin, well, she'll be gone next week unless something crazy happens. Jen I still like but she really has not been doing well. Kevin just seems like an all around good guy who loves to cook food.

Seasonscraps
10-30-2009, 03:35 PM
I think this has been a great season so far! The chefs are dynamic without having too much real drama...there's no big outbursts at the judges table, etc. I was surprised to see Michael I leave before Robin (I dont think she has any business being there). I like that the judges are not wowed by the Voltaggio's technique and keep voting for Kevin's food - it just looks & sounds delicious!! I feel bad for Jen - she needs a day off to pull herself back together.

Dopey's Girl
10-31-2009, 11:07 AM
This is one of 3 shows I can't ever miss. Love it, love it, love it!

Robin just needs to go...I know she has had some challenges in her life, but I'm kind of over hearing her talk about it! She's just annoying and I can't believe she's still around. She's been in the bottom 3 for so many rounds!

The brothers are fun to watch, but that tension in the kitchen would drive me nutty!

I like Jen, but she needs to get herself together, she hasn't been cooking very well the last few weeks.

I love Kevin! He's got such a fun attitude, and doesn't seem to buy into all the nuttyness and drama! I really hope he wins!

JanetMegan
11-04-2009, 11:26 AM
I am finally caught up on Top Chef!! Kevin-my fave, local boy, feel good guy-I can't wait to try some of his food! I also sort of like Eli even though I don't seem him as a favorite to win...

Dopey's Girl
11-05-2009, 07:00 PM
I heard (I can't remember where) that one of the top 4 faves (the V Brothers, Jen and Kevin) doesn't make it into the final 4! I just hope it's not Kevin who doesn't make it. I really like him!

Melanie
11-05-2009, 07:21 PM
I was bummed when I got all comfy with my coffee this morning after getting the kiddos off to school to realize it was only the reunion dinner that aired last night. I thought that was in addition to the new episode. Boo.

The reunion dinner was definitely watchable though. I didn't watch the season with the young kid with the attitude. He's something else. Fabio was right - you signed up for this, so you'll talk. :thedolls:

Looking forward to the conclusion of this season. :thumbsup:

another tink
11-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Robin is finally gone! She knew she was in over her head. I hope Jen gets back on board. I can't believe all her mistakes.

TheDuckRocks
11-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Robin is finally gone! She knew she was in over her head. I hope Jen gets back on board. I can't believe all her mistakes.

I think Jen may have given up at this point, it will be interesting to see if she can turn it around.

PirateLover
11-21-2009, 07:47 PM
I really hope Michael V fails. I think it's incredibly ignorant how he continually denigrates Kevin's work (like when he said "That's the food I cook on my day off). Newsflash, pal: All the bells and whistles don't matter if your food doesn't taste good!

another tink
11-22-2009, 11:15 AM
:number1:
I really hope Michael V fails. I think it's incredibly ignorant how he continually denigrates Kevin's work (like when he said "That's the food I cook on my day off). Newsflash, pal: All the bells and whistles don't matter if your food doesn't taste good!

I agree. He should be taken down a notch or two.:thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
11-22-2009, 03:47 PM
I think it's incredibly ignorant how he continually denigrates Kevin's work (like when he said "That's the food I cook on my day off).

My exact remark to my TV when he said that was, "Well dimwit, after a few times seeing how well Kevin is doing, maybe it would be smarter to cook what you cook at home."
And yes, I do realize that I'm the dimwit who talks to my TV while watching reality shows alone.:D

Melanie
12-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Bummmmer! I hate when these shows end with someone I consider a complete undesireable winning it all. I could have sworn by the judges remarks that Brian was going to take it all. Obviously they took more into consideration than just that last meal. Oh well, it's not a popularity contest. ;)

laprana
12-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I was disappointed that Michael won. Once it was down to the final 3 and Jennifer was out, I was rooting for Kevin all the way. But, I would have been happy if Brian had won, too. Oh well. I was surprised at how emotional Michael was about winning...I sure didn't expect him to cry! :D Can't wait for the next season to start!

coloradowendyl
12-10-2009, 05:33 PM
So sad that the "mean brother" won lol!

As soon as the judges talked about about Kevin's pork dish, I knew he wouldn't win. I was just hoping Brian would win! Something tells me Michael would not have been as gracious as Brian was had Brian been the winner!

According to People.com, they will not start filming the next season until a month or so after Padma has her baby.

Wendy

Dopey's Girl
12-11-2009, 09:32 AM
I was so bummed with the end of this one. I was a huge Kevin fan, but would have been happy with Bryan as well. Michael is creative and all, but not very nice (I was really shocked with the waterworks at the end!). I felt bad for Momma V...what a horrible feeling. One of your kids is so happy, the other so sad...Oh well, I can't wait for the next run either!

The reunion special next week looks interesting!