PDA

View Full Version : Best Place for Wishes.....

olivegirl
07-23-2009, 09:55 PM
Can anyone give us an idea where to watch Wishes? Me and my DD are not really big fans of fireworks up close BUT we want to be brave and actually be in the park at the time of Wishes. We watched at the Train Station before but want to be more into the park. We normally watch on the beach at the Polynesian. We soo love Wishes! Is there a place in the park where the fireworks would not be right on top of us? :)

07-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Best, IMHO, is on Main St. anyplace on the street from Casey's / Ice Cream north to the middle of the first bridge. The street is still "rising" at that area and you get a great view. Lot of people crowded but still a good area.

ibrowse17
07-23-2009, 11:01 PM
We really enjoy watching Wishes from the Noodle Station. Another cool place is behind the castle:thumbsup:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-24-2009, 08:02 AM
I told my Dance Team to meet right in front of the castle to watch it together years ago. Mistake! That was way too close! I have watched it from behind the castle, and that's pretty cool, but it didn't feel right. I really have to be somewhere between Casey's and the train station to experience it the way I like--standing smack in the middle of the street.:cloud9:

Imagineer1981
07-24-2009, 11:00 AM
We love the tomorrowland bridge, if you get there early enough, you can be agains the rail and no one is in the way

buzznwoodysmom
07-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Our favorite place to watch it is somewhere between the hub with the Mickey and Walt statute and Main Street near Casey's. The great thing about watching it from that area is that you can just walk up right before Wishes, no need to stake out your spot early. Plus you just can't beat viewing Wishes with the castle centered.

KAJUNKING
07-24-2009, 11:24 AM
we like to watch either from behind the castle, from liberty square, from the tta or on splash mountain, we also enjoy watching from ohanas

DisneyFanaticDargon
07-24-2009, 11:25 AM
My favorite spot is a particular area on the hub curb, on the southeast side near the popcorn stand. The way the fireworks explode over the castle at that angle is just incredible.

barnaby
07-24-2009, 12:36 PM
We love the tomorrowland bridge, if you get there early enough, you can be agains the rail and no one is in the way

We like the Tommorrowland bridge too. Like to lean on the rails, and Tink goes right over your head.

We also like the circle area in front of the castle. The farther back, the better there.

Gooftroop5
07-24-2009, 12:55 PM
DD10 is not a big fan of the noise from fireworks either. Both dses (4&5) were way over tired so they weren't happy either with the noise or so we thought they wouldn't. My mom & I took DD over to just before the bridge into tomorrowland & stood right under the wire for tinkerbell to fly. DD is a huge Tinkerbell fan. Wish I remembered to grab the video camera from DH dd's face was priceless. DH had both dses right infront of the castle (he was trying to join us but got stuck in the crowd). None of the kids complained about it being too loud for them.

In front is better because you have the music to help the noise from the fireworks. We watched the night before from behind the castle (we were trying to ride Dumbo while the line was short) & it was a lot louder. The kids enjoyed it much more in front of the castle.

The kids are looking forward to watching the fireworks again this year under tinkerbell's wire.

You can always use noise reducing ear plugs. We are bringing some for a couple of the noiser rides. We have noise reducing headsets at home for the kids because labor day weekend less then tenth of a mile from my house they send up fireworks every year. The kids didn't use anything like that at Disney though.