PDA

View Full Version : weird question about disney garbage cans

satchel01
07-23-2009, 07:26 PM
Is it true that the garbage cans in disneyworld empty through their bottoms into the underground tunnels, and into some kind of trash disposal system, so that the CM's don't have to drag garbage around the parks? I heard this today and am just wondering. It made me think...yea I don't recall seeing garbage being hauled out ever. But it also seems quite elaborate to be true.:confused:

SBETigg
07-23-2009, 07:49 PM
Um, I don't think so. I have seen cans moved, emptied, trash carried away. I don't believe this is true, but maybe it is for some of them.

faline
07-23-2009, 07:55 PM
I believe there is, or at least was, such a system, at least in the Magic Kingdom - not sure about the other parks.

afowl1017
07-23-2009, 08:21 PM
The garbage must still be "taken out". Well at least to the Utilador, where there is a special system called AVAC were the garbage is whisked away to a central location through a very large metal pipe. It is very loud but better than smelling a bunch of garbage in an enclosed tunnel. It is very ingenious!

Mousemates
07-23-2009, 09:23 PM
yes, that was a weird question...but weird is good here...:thumbsup:...and the info from the above posts goes to show the detailed knowledge of all things disney available on intercot. :rocks:

Pirate Granny
07-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Take the one day tour...they take you under the MK and explain the garbage disposal system...and yep, it's quite loud, it runs in metal vents similar to huge heater vents that run through the house from one room to another...you see it in your basement ceilings...It was quite interesting...
:pirate:

Imagineer1981
07-24-2009, 10:59 AM
The garbage must still be "taken out". Well at least to the Utilador, where there is a special system called AVAC were the garbage is whisked away to a central location through a very large metal pipe. It is very loud but better than smelling a bunch of garbage in an enclosed tunnel. It is very ingenious!

Yes, but you still smell the garbage..the utilidor stinks most times. They also back armored trucks in for pick ups everyonce in awhile so you get exhaust combined with it too...

DisneyFanaticDargon
07-24-2009, 11:32 AM
And let's not forget the lovely tunnel juice. Also, for those of us that worked in Frontierland, the incinerator is behind the berm next to the Splash Mountain show building. It doesn't smell pleasant.

TheRustyScupper
07-24-2009, 12:02 PM
1) The garbage men take the cans to a dump location.
2) But, usually, the garbage is removed automatically.
3) You see, rats LOVE garbage.
4) And, Mickey & Minnie are rats.
5) Thus, no garbage problem.

Imagineer1981
07-24-2009, 03:52 PM
1) The garbage men take the cans to a dump location.
2) But, usually, the garbage is removed automatically.
3) You see, rats LOVE garbage.
4) And, Mickey & Minnie are rats.
5) Thus, no garbage problem.

They are not, they are mice :mickey:

handmaidenofprincesses
07-24-2009, 04:29 PM
This is in Lou Mongello's 2nd WDW trivia book. According to him, it is the only system of it's kind in the USA. There is one other, in Sweden (?) I believe. He also says that, should the sytem ever clog, simply dropping a rock down it would fix it. Sounds too good to be true in some ways...

KAJUNKING
07-25-2009, 12:13 PM
This is in Lou Mongello's 2nd WDW trivia book. According to him, it is the only system of it's kind in the USA. There is one other, in Sweden (?) I believe. He also says that, should the sytem ever clog, simply dropping a rock down it would fix it. Sounds too good to be true in some ways...

if you watch the history channels modern marvels about wdw they tell you the same thing about the avac system