PDA

View Full Version : Yachtsman Steakhouse vs Shula's

pokeyw
07-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Okay, I need a little help. Going in 10 days :yay: with a party of 12. Seven adults and 5 kiddos (12,7,4,1,1) We ate at Shula's last year and had a wonderful meal. This year however the party size is double and the 2 little ones are along. I am thinking that Yachtsman might be a little more casual. Any advice? This will be our last meal of the trip, so I wanted to pick someplace nice. How is the food at Yachtsman?

jerrywilborn
07-24-2009, 08:48 AM
Ouu, good question... I'm curious what others will say.

KAT1811
07-24-2009, 10:44 AM
The Yachtsman isn't casual by any means but we love it. We are planning at least 3 meals there on our upcoming trip. The food is fabulous. DH usually has the porterhouse and I the filet. We also like the spinach and mushrooms for sides. Keep in mind that Shula's does not have a kids menu and the Yachtsman does. We have 4 children and they love it as well. The staff was great with them. Personally, I think you would be much better off at the Yachtsman. Good luck!

TheRustyScupper
07-24-2009, 11:51 AM
1) The Yachtsman would be more appropriate for kids.
2) Shula's is more for adult eating, and kids are not that well encouraged.
3) That is why no kid's menu at Shula's.
4) The food quality at Yachtsman is not up to par with Shula's.
5) But, is OK for vacation meals.
6) Plus, it is more casual and more relaxed than Shula's.

NOTE: Yachtsman does not get that great of restaurant reviews, but is still good for Disney food. It is in the class of Le Cellier, which is about average or just abovr average.

KAT1811
07-24-2009, 03:42 PM
I couldn't disagree with TheRustyScupper more in regards to the food quality. We are frequent fine steakhouse diners and think that the Yachtsman Steakhouse is right up there with Shula's. Our steaks were fabulous. Tender, juicy and well prepared. By far better than Le Cellier IMHO.