PDA

View Full Version : Stressing out about our last day/dining, etc....

mindyjoh
07-23-2009, 03:53 PM
So I think I haven't planned very smartly. I'd love some words of wisdom.

Our last day will be on Thursday Oct. 1. We had planned on driving originally when I made the reservations. Our last ADR for that day was at 1:30 for Le Cellier (the ONLY time I could get this restaurant). My plans were to check out of our rooms in the a.m., go do our last day of parks, eat lunch at Le Cellier and then leave at our leisure.

Well we decided that we would rather fly instead. The latest flight I can find out on Southwest leaves at 5:30. So either Magical Express would pick us up 3 hours before (1:30) or we could get a towncar to come a little bit later than that.

This totally screws up our plans. I guess I wasn't thinking very well. We will be shorted a little bit on our last day of park tickets and we won't get to eat at Le Cellier. I have already checked with our agent and there are no additional nights available in our hotel (or any of the other value hotels for that matter). I was thinking about staying one extra night and then leaving early on Fri. morning. But I guess not.

I don't know what kind of suggestions you all have, if any. But I don't know any other ideas to work this out.

Thanks for listening.

Cinderella's mom
07-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Call ADR back and see if anyone has cancelled for the time that you will be in the park. Sometimes they do. Or rent a car to eat and leave straight from the park. Several car rentals will allow you to pick up at Disney and drop off at MCO without charging you an additional fee. You can get a pretty cheap car there. I think National/Alamo is the one we used last time. Hope this helps!

VWL Mom
07-23-2009, 04:35 PM
If you wanted to extend your stay a bit, you could spend a full day at the park. Then use ME to take you to the airport, spend the night there and fly out the next morning.

WorldTraveler
07-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Since you already have an ADR for that day, go early maybe 11:30 and explain your situation. Most likly they will seat you.

Good Luck. And don't worry about it as it will most likly work out and you do not want to stess out all through your trip because of it.

Leighler
07-23-2009, 08:02 PM
I would inquire again about a room at a value resort being available. I was curious as to why all rooms would be booked and went on WDW's site myself and tried booking a value room for a night for Oct 1st and there was availability at POP. Maybe there isn't a room available with the free dining offer available b/c rooms with promotions sell out but it doesn't necessarily mean there literally isn't a room. You just might have to end up paying for some of your last meals OOP...if this makes sense.