PDA

View Full Version : Does the food at the F&W Festival booths cost $$?

mindyjoh
07-23-2009, 03:47 PM
I have never been during F&W Festival and we are going this year. Does the food at the kiosks cost $$ and if so....what are the ballpark prices?

Thanks.

artyboy
07-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Yes, you do have to pay for the food. I recall the prices being from $2 to $6 for an appetizer sized plate.

It's a blast...and I can't wait to go back in October!

Goes4FastPass
07-23-2009, 04:10 PM
F&W does cost and it can add up.
It feels like
Queue up
wait
wait
wait
wait
pay
swallow 2 times
wait
wait
wait
wait
pay
swallow 2 times
repeat
repeat

TripPlanner09
07-23-2009, 04:31 PM
On the Disney website, they have all the menu options at the booths listed- can all of these be used as snacks on the DDP? Or only a select few?

Strmchsr
07-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Only a few items are available as DDP snack credits. They are clearly marked. Honestly, if you go the F&WF we've found the DDP to not even be close to worth it. Much better to go OOP and eat as you want since you're paying for the extra food anyway.

Mousemates
07-23-2009, 09:34 PM
its disney, so you can literally bet your last dollar (or at least spend it) that they won't be giving food away....but having said that we've gone a couple of times and enjoyed the vairety very much...its kind of like an all day snack-fest.

Pirate Granny
07-23-2009, 10:54 PM
We were on the DDP and since we used two TS we had one night that dinner was going to be outta pocket...I used my snack credits for festival food...and I was full...it was six snacks and granted six small portions, but it worked out well...this year, we are eating at Akerhus (norway)...for 8pm so...we may just do lunch there one day, eating around the world and maybe the lines (which are getting worse and worse each year) will be shorter. We are there the first weekend...so...time will tell.
:pirate:

TheRustyScupper
07-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Does the food at the kiosks cost $$ and if so....what are the ballpark prices?

1) Doh!
2) Or, even dough!
3) Items are about $2.50 to $8.00 each.
4) And, these are snacking/munching sizes.
5) You can easily spend $50-$70 to munch around the world.
6) F&WF is a positively HUGE money maker for WDW.

DisneyFr33k
07-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Only a few items are available as DDP snack credits. They are clearly marked. Honestly, if you go the F&WF we've found the DDP to not even be close to worth it. Much better to go OOP and eat as you want since you're paying for the extra food anyway.

Is this new?!?! The past 2 years we've gone, we've used our snack options on all the food we wanted, none refused. Of course, none of the alcohol was accepted as a snack.

Have they changed it? If so, how do we know which ones they accept for snacks?

I sure hope they haven't changed it as that is the best part of having the dining plan - in my opinion.

Strmchsr
07-24-2009, 01:15 PM
There's a little DDP symbol beside the items that can be used as a snack item.

DisneyFr33k
07-24-2009, 02:03 PM
There's a little DDP symbol beside the items that can be used as a snack item.

I've seen the food booth list, but it didn't have the DDP beside it. Does anyone know if it is posted somewhere?

Thanks!

mudpuppysmom
07-24-2009, 02:19 PM
1) Doh!
2) Or, even dough!
3) Items are about $2.50 to $8.00 each.
4) And, these are snacking/munching sizes.
5) You can easily spend $50-$70 to munch around the world.
6) F&WF is a positively HUGE money maker for WDW.

I second this......and we easliy spend more than $50-70.....more like $150 by the time we all get something to eat and sometimes a drink!

I will say that between the "bunch" of us that get together and go -- three/four adults and five kids we all get something different and then share -- if someone likes something they get their own portion. This is good and bad....bad that you spend a ton of $$ but good if you don't like something chances are that someone else in our party will and you are not totally out $4-7 for something you hated!

Strmchsr
07-24-2009, 03:06 PM
I've seen the food booth list, but it didn't have the DDP beside it. Does anyone know if it is posted somewhere?

Thanks!

Not yet. I'm told that info will be released within the next couple of weeks.

TheRustyScupper
07-24-2009, 05:52 PM

Thanks!

1) As a "general rule" if the item if less than $4, it can be a snack.
2) Greater than $4 it is OOP.
4) Look for the snack icon to be certain.

BelleLovesTheBeast
07-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Is this new?!?! The past 2 years we've gone, we've used our snack options on all the food we wanted, none refused. Of course, none of the alcohol was accepted as a snack.

Have they changed it? If so, how do we know which ones they accept for snacks?

I sure hope they haven't changed it as that is the best part of having the dining plan - in my opinion.

We have too! We even were able to use it on the Maine Lobster Roll which was $7. Most of the items have been included in the DDP. I saw very few that weren't.

SurferStitch
07-27-2009, 11:56 AM
The cost does add up at the F&WF kiosks, and it's worth EVERY penny. DH and I easily spent around $250 throughout the couple weeks we were there, but it was soooooooo good. :cloud9:

Probably spent more, but we don't keep count!

NJGIRL
07-27-2009, 04:19 PM
F&W does cost and it can add up.
It feels like
Queue up
wait
wait
wait
wait
pay
swallow 2 times
wait
wait
wait
wait
pay
swallow 2 times
repeat
repeat

Agreed. This is why we don't make a meal out of this anymore. One snack and we are done. Too much waiting and paying. Not enough eating:blush: